Rocket Dive meets KISS

VioletCamicat · 5388

Offline VioletCamicat

• Die-hard fan
  • Beware of the toxic kitten!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/violet_camicat
on: June 04, 2008, 12:03:50 AM
Hey, did anyone notice the similarity of hide's Rocket Dive and KISS' Rocket Ride from the Alive II album?

I think it's quite amusing, since hide was KISS fan and... yeah, just listen:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkYnKzOx5dY&feature=related[/youtube]
All in all it's mostly the intro and the similar name, but still - really obvious similaritiy, isn't it? :lol: Cute somehow!

mod mode

And out of the chaos I heard a voice telling me:
"Smile and be happy - it could have become worse!"
So I smiled and was happy... and it became worse

Offline Ryo-Ohki

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 12:47:25 AM
As does Kiss's song Black Diamond sound similar to Kurenai... I can't post the vid though  :-(

This/these images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 01:05:37 AM
Quote from: "Ryo-Ohki"
As does Kiss's song Black Diamond sound similar to Kurenai... I can't post the vid though  :-(

Agreed, and I also think Week End sounds like Detroit Rock City, but in a less-obvious way that's sort of hard to explain.

Thanks for the video iCat!  It's so obvious that I wonder if he intended it as an intentional reference or "tribute" of some kind?

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline Ryo-Ohki

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 01:20:04 AM
Quote from: "Hollywood"
Quote from: "Ryo-Ohki"

Agreed, and I also think Week End sounds like Detroit Rock City, but in a less-obvious way that's sort of hard to explain.

Thanks for the video iCat!  It's so obvious that I wonder if he intended it as an intentional reference or "tribute" of some kind?

It's obvious that Yoshiki and hide were big KISS fans.  You can hear it in their music..

This/these images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.

Offline Uncontrol

• Filesharers
  • Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 07:43:30 AM
Does Ace Frehley really say that in Kiss meets the Phantom of the Park?

I just watched that movie last night and I don't remember him singing Rocket Ride in that scene.  :shock:

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 08:15:44 AM
ahem.

"SPACE AGE baby rocket dive"

I think it was done on purpose, as some sort of tribute to Kiss.

Offline Ryo-Ohki

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 08:48:07 PM
Quote from: "Uncontrol"

I just watched that movie last night and I don't remember him singing Rocket Ride in that scene.  :shock:

No, but the video used footage from the movie.. I guess to promote it

Offline aaroni

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 07, 2008, 05:45:44 AM
I REALLY need to see KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park. I likes me some KISS but wow, that movie looks so horrible, it'd be funny.

And I never noticed that, but yeah, there are some similarities to Rocket Ride and Rocket Dive. Thanks for pointing that out, I probably never would have noticed that on my own.

And I think I sorta noticed at least one of similarity between Detroit Rock City and Week End too, now that ya mention it, Hollywood, so you ain't the only one. ;)

Offline Ryo-Ohki

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 07, 2008, 05:54:58 AM
Quote from: "aaroni"
I REALLY need to see KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park. I likes me some KISS but wow, that movie looks so horrible, it'd be funny.

And I never noticed that, but yeah, there are some similarities to Rocket Ride and Rocket Dive. Thanks for pointing that out, I probably never would have noticed that on my own.

And I think I sorta noticed at least one of similarity between Detroit Rock City and Week End too, now that ya mention it, Hollywood, so you ain't the only one. ;)

Oh.. it's corny as all get out.. but worth the watch.. trust me!

Offline Ryo-Ohki

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: June 07, 2008, 05:57:41 AM
Quote from: "Uncontrol"

I believe he did.. for a second or two.. my favorite scene was when they did Beth though.

Offline slunksoma

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: July 09, 2008, 10:05:32 AM
I have to say Kiss were nothing but a novelty act for me, I have a couple of their albums and they are fun - but nothing more than that. Haven't heard any similarities in those X songs mentioned to Kiss, I'll have a listen.

would liek to see Kiss live though, bet thats a great spectacle

a href="http://www.myspace.com/customplates">Check out my 'X Japan guitar bits and bobs' myspace!

Offline visualrocker69

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: August 07, 2008, 05:25:09 PM
Nothing more than a novelty act??? LOL do you know how many rockers started doing music JUST because of KISS? Including hide.

kenchan [松長健人 / 서켄지]

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: August 07, 2008, 05:59:08 PM
I have to say Kiss were nothing but a novelty act for me, I have a couple of their albums and they are fun - but nothing more than that. Haven't heard any similarities in those X songs mentioned to Kiss, I'll have a listen.

If you look at X's early lives (I think specifically one with Hikaru and Jun) you can see clearly how the band are influenced by KISS, their on-stage clothing is almost identical. The early 'Visual Kei' movement was nothing more than Japanese glam rock and punk aesthetics mixed together.

Offline visualrocker69

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: August 08, 2008, 05:54:44 PM
True. I think of  D'erlanger as one of the pioneers of VK, also, and they're definately more punk than anything.

kenchan [松長健人 / 서켄지]

Offline Aerce

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: August 10, 2008, 12:46:38 AM
Def. some similarities but hide's song is a lot better.

Offline Ryo-Ohki

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: August 25, 2008, 12:16:08 AM

They really put on a heck of a good show. It was really an awesome show. LOL .  Though I only see the original KISS..