JRockRevolutions Concert Reports

AsukaMiyu · 9690

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
on: May 30, 2008, 10:31:52 AM
Recently JRR uploaded the first two parts of their concert reports! :)
Enjoy!

Night of Destruction

Part 1
Part 2

(I'll add the links for the other parts here as soon as they are available)

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 11:08:22 AM
Thanks for the info.

Offline whiki

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 02:44:49 PM
Quote from: "Babak"
Wow, I almost forgot that these concerts took place. Points to JRR for being so fast!

hahaha LMAO  :lol:

and they haven't finished live report for the other two concerts,lets say another month probably  :lol:

Offline friday

• Moderators
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 03:05:49 PM
"Happy HIDE, blowing kisses to the audience. Really, it feels as if he's there. It's hard to put in words, since I don't believe in the supernatural (admittedly, that's at odds with asking Kannon-sama for good luck; it makes me laugh at myself that I do while I do it), but it does feel as if HIDE really is there. Somehow. Don't ask me how. But he's there. Or maybe he feels so much there because he's there in everybody's minds and hearts, including my own"

I can't stop smiling at this. Even though i wasn't even there i felt the exact same thing watching the footage.

Thanks for the post. :)

MODERATOR'd!

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 03:05:50 PM
As JRR is an official site the bureaucracy there is big and everything has to be checked, edited and approved a hundred times. But as a result, you can trust those the most.

EDIT:
Quote from: "friday"
"Happy HIDE, blowing kisses to the audience. Really, it feels as if he's there. It's hard to put in words, since I don't believe in the supernatural (admittedly, that's at odds with asking Kannon-sama for good luck; it makes me laugh at myself that I do while I do it), but it does feel as if HIDE really is there. Somehow. Don't ask me how. But he's there. Or maybe he feels so much there because he's there in everybody's minds and hearts, including my own"

I can't stop smiling at this. Even though i wasn't even there i felt the exact same thing watching the footage.

Thanks for the post. :)
Do you still think the person who wrote that hates hide? :)

This is my administrator color.

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 05:36:33 PM
Wow, I almost forgot that these concerts took place. Points to JRR for being so fast!

If I'm not mistaken they still haven't posted the setlists-- after forbidding users from posting "unofficial setlists" and telling them to wait for the "official" ones. :P

Quote from: "Hypno"
As JRR is an official site the bureaucracy there is big and everything has to be checked, edited and approved a hundred times. But as a result, you can trust those the most.

You can trust them to post only what will present the most flattering and positive image of themselves and their clients, you mean?  Official site =/= unbiased reporting.  That's why I personally take everything I read there with a grain of salt, it's ultimately all advertising.  Trusting an official site to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth is like trusting a McDonald's ad to accurately tell you which of their burgers actually taste good and which taste like crap.

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline ppingg

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 05:44:24 PM
wow! they took such a "short time" to release such reports.. but why are we reading bout their trip to the Tokyo Dome too? they didnt have much to write?

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 05:47:36 PM
Happy HIDE, blowing kisses to the audience. Really, it feels as if he's there. It's hard to put in words, since I don't believe in the supernatural (admittedly, that's at odds with asking Kannon-sama for good luck; it makes me laugh at myself that I do while I do it), but it does feel as if HIDE really is there. Somehow. Don't ask me how. But he's there. Or maybe he feels so much there because he's there in everybody's minds and hearts, including my own"

Thanks for the post. Smile

Well, we have been told several times how one has to divide between personal feelings and professional life. So - yes, I do.  :P

Pony rocks!

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 05:58:38 PM
I have spoken with the author of the report and those are her true feelings. If you don't believe her, believe me.

I mean that you can believe whatever you want, but... Yeah, you know what I mean.

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 06:02:50 PM
Quote from: "ppingg"
wow! they took such a "short time" to release such reports..

Well, better than nothing, isn't it? It was a nice read and I'm looking forward for the reports of the other two days. Sure there won't be any groundbreaking revelations but that's nothing I would expect. Most of us have seen the concert (live/video/whatever) and so we shouldn't expect to much. Of course I also expected something like that to show up earlier, but who cares  :wink:

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #10 on: May 30, 2008, 06:06:41 PM
I mean that you can believe whatever you want, but... Yeah, you know what I mean.

I know, I'll believe in my heart and common sense, that's exactly what I'm going to do. And thanks for your understanding. :wink:

Pony rocks!

Offline Zwanster

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: May 30, 2008, 06:23:49 PM
JRR need to slow down, they might hurt their fingers with all that fast typing.

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: May 30, 2008, 06:37:11 PM
The only thing new for me is mentioning Sugizo during Week End, can't see him at the broadcast.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #13 on: May 30, 2008, 06:51:00 PM
Quote from: "Hollywood"

If I'm not mistaken they still haven't posted the setlists-- after forbidding users from posting "unofficial setlists" and telling them to wait for the "official" ones. :P
As far as I know, there won't be any official setlists before they release the DVDs... I don't read JRR myself, but I have heard that X Japan's management didn't allow any for some reason I raelly don't understand myself. Which will be around 2050 according to my own predictions.

And PLEASE no more ironic comments about JRR. They are what they are and if you don't like them, just don't go there. Official sources are slow, have always been and will always be. If you find one that isn't, well good for them. If you comment, comment on the content. And no whining about that either, without a real reason. Else I'm going to start deleting some posts.

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #14 on: May 30, 2008, 06:53:40 PM

And PLEASE no more ironic comments about JRR. They are what they are and if you don't like them, just don't go there. Official sources are slow, have always been and will always be. If you find one that isn't, well good for them. If you comment, comment on the content. And no whining about that either, without a real reason. Else I'm going to start deleting some posts.

Well, we are NOT going there - or at least some of us. But I cannot see why we cannot freely comment on them if the topic was presented? Will that be a new rule, too?  :?

Pony rocks!

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: May 30, 2008, 06:57:50 PM

So this forum is officially affiliated with JRR now, or what?  You know, a large number of people choose X Freaks over JRR because they don't like JRR.

As Anna said, why can't we comment freely on JRR?  Just because you like JRR doesn't mean anyone else necessarily does, nor should anyone be required to.  For the simple reason that this board is, you know, not JRR.

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: May 30, 2008, 07:02:30 PM
You know, a large number of people choose X Freaks over JRR because they don't like JRR.

You are not among them  :wink:

I think what Hypno meant is, if anyone has a problem with JRR either simply don't go there or go there and tell them what problem you got with them. Talking here about other boards (and their faults) won't help anybody.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #17 on: May 30, 2008, 07:06:25 PM
...and especially not in a thread that is about the reports they posted, and not about JRR itself...

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #18 on: May 30, 2008, 07:07:31 PM
I think what Hypno meant is, if anyone has a problem with JRR either simply don't go there or go there and tell them what problem you got with them. Talking here about other boards (and their faults) won't help anybody.

But we are not aiming to help anybody. I mean - the link was posted here for everyone to go and check. So we went, checked and commented rather truthfully - that it's nice but rather late, because everybody has already seen movies or read other reports. It brings nothing new - period. If the comment sounds upleasant - well, that's the risk, isn't it? But nobody is walking around saying "Gee, JRR sucks sooo much!" or whatever. We made quite a reasonable comment. And I cannot see why we should not be allowed.

Pony rocks!

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #19 on: May 30, 2008, 07:10:41 PM
Quote from: "Matthias"
You know, a large number of people choose X Freaks over JRR because they don't like JRR.

You are not among them  :wink:

Exactly. Ironic comments won't make anything better. JRR is what it is, it seems they like what they are and I don't think they'll change. They are an official forum and that's what official forums are like.

For the note, this forum is not in any way affiliated with JRR, other than some users visiting both forums and a part of the discussions being the same (though more restricted in JRR).

And yes, there will probably be a rule about constructive posts.

End of discussion about JRR
---
Start of discussion about those reports posted in the first post.

Thank you.

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #20 on: May 30, 2008, 07:14:58 PM
Exactly. Ironic comments won't make anything better. JRR is what it is, it seems they like what they are and I don't think they'll change. They are an official forum and that's what official forums are like.

We are not aiming to make anything better or to change anything, we simply comment about what we think.

For the note, this forum is not in any way affiliated with JRR, other than some users visiting both forums and a part of the discussions being the same (though more restricted in JRR).

No? But some people here are also moderators or co-workers over there. And judging from their posts, I don't think everything is exactly neutral.

As for the reports itself: Nice, but nothing new.

Pony rocks!

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: May 30, 2008, 07:17:39 PM
Quote from: "Anna"
As for the reports itself: Nice, but nothing new.

That's what I thought at first, too. But the Sugizo/Week End thing was at least new for me  :wink:

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #22 on: May 30, 2008, 07:18:57 PM
Of course it was "nothing new", but it was nice to read and remember everything. At least I enjoyed it. :)

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: May 30, 2008, 07:19:53 PM
Start of discussion about those reports posted in the first post.

Thank you.

The reports are pleasant enough, but very late, and likely biased due to the source.

And as Anna commented, I too find it hard to believe that X Freaks is not affiliated with JRR, due to the fact that JRR mods/admins are also X Freaks mods/admins, and due also to the level of "protection" JRR recieves on threads like this.  That's actually a conflict of interest, having "official" JRR employees moderating an unofficial forum.

It's no different than if we had Sony Records employees as mods here.  Would we then be unallowed to comment on the quality of Sony's X CDs and DVDs?

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #24 on: May 30, 2008, 07:27:41 PM
They are an official site! Of course they work slow! Of course they suck for that, but isn't that stating the obvious?

And I don't see a problem in JRR's mods working here. As long as they follow this boards rules here.

Offline Mytrhil Taralom

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: June 01, 2008, 09:51:49 PM
why does a topic about a report that's about a cool concert end in people bashing JRR? please go back to topic and stop this. I'm not saying I like or dislike JRR, I'm starting to dislike that everyting seems to end into fights...

~Don't Forget To Be Awesome~

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: June 02, 2008, 02:29:14 AM
the report come out after 2 months of the concerts, people already lost their mood about the reunion concerts. people will feel more excited to read the report if the report finished in 1 or  2 weeks.

Ex denxdenx

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #27 on: June 02, 2008, 07:27:03 AM
Maan, cut it out now! And Sander and other people stated before, JRR is an OFFICIAL site and everything takes a bit longer. That's just the way it is.
So read the reports or don't. That's your choice. But don't start with that stupid "Who still wants to read that NOW?" thing all the time.
If you want to say anything here, talk about the reports themselves.

Offline whiki

• View Profile
Reply #28 on: June 02, 2008, 02:42:45 PM
no offense,but because JRR IS the official forum,they should have released live report more early than anyone else,even before it is broadcasted.You know people do tend to expect more from official forum,at least that's how I feel for example people like me who couldn't go to X Japan concert because I don't live there and no money to go there,and of course I expected a live report asap,like what's the setlist,how many songs they played,bla bla bla,and because an official forum is a trusted one,I should go to that forum right,well because their the official one.
It's just a burden and responsibility that has to carried as official forum.It's the way it is.

okay,now let's get back to topic....

umm,thanks for the link anyway (guess nothing else to say :D )

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #29 on: June 02, 2008, 05:17:49 PM
Quote from: "whiki"
...they should have released live report more early than anyone else,even before it is broadcasted.
As PN said, that would have been impossible. How can you write a report, edit and check it and post it BEFORE the thing you write about happens? :P