Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Question about the Miya Records release of the Complete set

stormrider81 · 6365

Offline stormrider81

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Miya records just came out with the set. I know its a knock off of the original, but with such a huge diffrence in price, I was think of getting it. Only $50 shipped.

Anyone know how the quality is? I have the Last live from miya records and thought the quality was pretty good.

Thanks

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 01:21:29 PM
From wikipedia:

Miya Records is a company based in Taiwan that releases unlicensed (bootleg), popular Japanese music, including many game and anime soundtracks. Miya Records bootlegs are of seemingly high quality (most CDs have slipcases) and almost identical to the official CDs, but they are easy to spot by their "Made In Taiwan" notation and the serial numbers. The products are frequently sold by American and European retailers, as most cannot tell a bootleg from an official product.

This is my administrator color.

Offline stormrider81

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 01:36:07 PM
Yeah, I did some research on them. I think im gonna get it.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 03:08:28 PM
They sell bootlegs :P Which means the original authors don't get any money. Basically you are just buying a pretty pirate copy of something :P

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 02:23:45 PM
From what I've heard of miya bootlegs is that their quality is supposed to be really good (for boots). But imho think, either buy the original japanese ones (live I did and will do as soon as the next box is going to be announce, which I hope is going to be very soon, because I can hardly wait for the next live now) or dl them.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #5 on: September 28, 2007, 03:19:43 PM
Yup... Rather download than support pirates :P

Offline aruzo

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/aruzo
Reply #6 on: July 26, 2008, 06:06:06 PM
Yeah ;-; Miya records got me good, I purchased a Dir en grey album from ebay and when I got it, it was Miya Records, I complained to the guy I bought it off and he was like "It's not bootleg!!" I was like "I'm gunna report you because it is!" then he said "I'll refund you and you can keep the CD!" then he just didn't get in touch ;-;. I just hate buying bootleg, why buy bootleg if you can download. I only buy the real stuff has better sentimental value!