X Freaks Forum

News:

• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

hide memorial summit - live coverage, pictures, videos, etc.

darkcat21 · 105861

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: May 04, 2008, 05:50:12 AM
start in 10 minutes?

Ex denxdenx

Offline verisimilitude

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://chantrea-johari.livejournal.com
Reply #91 on: May 04, 2008, 05:51:32 AM
According to some message boards, the event was actually moved to start earlier today, at 1.  Everyone says it's already started.  This was the supposed schedule for the beginning of the show.

13:05 ~ heidi.
13:20 ~ TOKYO YANKEES
13:35 ~ LADIES ROOM

People mentioned this yesterday, because I think it might have been announced at yesterday's concert (though I'm not sure), but I was completely confused, because I don't remember TOKYO YANKEES or LADIES ROOM being on the set list (I missed when they were added, apparently).  Apparently a last minute change was made in respect to start time, if I understand what's going on correctly.  I wish there was a live broadcast so someone could tell me if this is really what's going on, though.

This was announced earlier as a planned start for the live, though I haven't seen it from an official source, and I haven't gotten any updates from anyone actually at the concert as to who is performing, but several people say it has started, though people are still entering the venue.  So I don't know if this is actually the order in which it is transpiring.

I'm rather confused, so if anyone else is watching any other Japanese message boards and can clear this up, I'd appreciate it.

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: May 04, 2008, 05:57:22 AM
so, X is not the first one performing? need more update!

Ex denxdenx

Offline verisimilitude

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: May 04, 2008, 05:57:26 AM
I found it confirmed on a different forum that the live did indeed start around 1.  I didn't see mention of heidi., though I'd assume they did perform first.  Tokyo Yankees started at 13:24.  LADIES ROOM started at 13:41.

No news besides that except that a lot of people are mentioning that they're still on trains and buses on their way to the venue, and some have missed the bands they wanted to see.  The earlier start time is kind of unfortunate, I guess.

Offline verisimilitude

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: May 04, 2008, 05:58:21 AM
Quote from: "denxdenx"
so, X is not the first one performing? need more update!

X JAPAN was never intended to go first.  All the Japanese fans say they think they're going last.

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: May 04, 2008, 06:06:30 AM
yupe, X supposed to be start in the middle and the end. X support performed  more than once. how was there? no more rainy like yesterday? and  the audience of the stadium? full?

Ex denxdenx

Offline verisimilitude

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: May 04, 2008, 06:09:22 AM
Quote from: "denxdenx"
yupe, X supposed to be start in the middle and the end. X support performed  more than once. how was there? no more rainy like yesterday? and  the audience of the stadium? full?

Who told you where X was supposed to be in the lineup? Because everyone I've heard from thinks they will be last.

My Tokyo forecast says it's raining right now, but I haven't heard from anyone about the weather, so I don't know.

The seats are more filled than yesterday, which means, as I suspected, that more people came to today's live than yesterday's.

And heidi. was indeed first.  

One of the bands has performed "Tell Me," but I'm not quite sure which band it was.  I'll get back to you if I'm able to figure it out.

Now is Dir en grey, supposedly.

Offline jigokugal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #97 on: May 04, 2008, 06:16:46 AM
thanks verisimilitude!
Too bad it's raining again in tokyo. Hope it stops sooon or not raining at all. *need some pics to confirm this*.

I think today's summit will be longer than yesterday, therefore they started 1 hour earlier.

jigokugal

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: May 04, 2008, 06:22:03 AM
There was a post or two somewhere earlier in this thread that mentioned a setlist for today that had X-japan as the ones going first, obviously that post was wrong, nevermind.

Offline verisimilitude

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #99 on: May 04, 2008, 06:25:22 AM
Quote from: "Ulquiorra"
There was a post or two somewhere earlier in this thread that mentioned a setlist for today that had X-japan as the ones going first, obviously that post was wrong, nevermind.

I saw the post, but I'm just wondering if anyone knows where the information came from.  I looked at it and immediately distrusted it just because I think that it's kind of implausible for X JAPAN to have started.

Offline verisimilitude

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #100 on: May 04, 2008, 06:40:08 AM
This is an approximate set list based on when people have been saying certain bands began.  I may be a few minutes off on any of them, but again, these are approximations.  It sounds as if they started about five minutes late (or else heidi. ran a little longer than anticipated).
1. heidi. (~13:10)
2. TOKYO YANKEES (~13:25)
3. LADIES ROOM (~13:40)
4. Dir en grey (~14:05)

There are still vacant seats, but apparently fewer than yesterday, as I mentioned from someone in an earlier post.  Apparently, during Dir en grey's set, the audience started actually getting more into it.

From what people are saying, it seems that Dir en grey performed the X Japan version of "Miscast" (or someone did.  The Japanese tendency to drop subjects is really troublesome in some of these posts).

And Kyo cut himself, apparently.  But from all that everyone's saying, Dir en grey is performing very well, and the crowd is very into it.

And I don't think it's actually raining, thankfully.  Someone mentioned that it's cloudy, but hot.

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #101 on: May 04, 2008, 06:45:00 AM
cut himself? thanks for the update. any picture?

Ex denxdenx

Offline verisimilitude

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #102 on: May 04, 2008, 06:53:41 AM
Apparently, Dir en grey played "Miscast" from about 14:35 to 14:46.  No idea how they made the song that long, or maybe someone was just delayed in mentioning the song had ended.

Kyo switched from cutting his chest to scratching the inside of his mouth, a.k.a. the fishooking that grosses me out. ^.^

No pictures--those probably won't come out until tomorrow.

Offline Artseeker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: May 04, 2008, 06:55:23 AM
Thanks for the updates verisimilitude :D

This sure looks more interesting and lively than yesterday 8)

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #104 on: May 04, 2008, 06:57:22 AM
Quote from: "Artseeker"

It definitely does! Thank you so very much for the updates  8)

Offline verisimilitude

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: May 04, 2008, 07:08:39 AM

People are definitely more into it than yesterday.  I've seen two or three separate posts calling Dir en grey gods, so they must have done something great, which surprises me considering what I've seen and heard about at recent concerts.  :?

Dir en grey seems to have finished some time between 14:55 and 15:00.    I don't know who's on now.  No one has mentioned yet, except that a lot of people have gone outside to smoke now that Dir en grey is done.

Someone also said that their appearance is a little different than usual (though this could just because of Kaoru's recent hair cut and Die's darkening and lengthening of his hair, and his recent trend of putting it in a ponytail), but they're still "kakkoi."  :D

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #106 on: May 04, 2008, 07:13:23 AM
Thanks for all these updates.

Does anyone know who the vocalist was for Tokyo Yankees?  I'd also be very interested in knowing which songs Ladies Room and Tokyo Yankees played, if anyone knows...

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline verisimilitude

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: May 04, 2008, 07:20:12 AM
Quote from: "Hollywood"
Does anyone know who the vocalist was for Tokyo Yankees?  I'd also be very interested in knowing which songs Ladies Room and Tokyo Yankees played, if anyone knows...

Forgive me, because I don't know Tokyo Yankees at all, but someone said that the vocalists were the present members yoshi and NORI.  I hope this means something to you, because I don't know them.  :oops:

No one has said what songs they've played.  I'm betting we'll have to wait for the WOWOW broadcast.  :?

EDIT: AAAAND, it's raining again.

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: May 04, 2008, 07:42:59 AM
Does anyone have any more information? Who's up now?

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #109 on: May 04, 2008, 07:43:00 AM
Quote from: "verisimilitude"
Forgive me, because I don't know Tokyo Yankees at all, but someone said that the vocalists were the present members yoshi and NORI.  I hope this means something to you, because I don't know them.  :oops:

It does, and thanks (no need to be sorry). :)  I've lost track of them somewhat lately and am not really up-to-date on their present-day stuff, but I like them, one of my favorite old Extasy bands.
(The reason I asked about who's singing is because their vocalist Umemura died last year.)

No one has said what songs they've played.  I'm betting we'll have to wait for the WOWOW broadcast.  :?

EDIT: AAAAND, it's raining again.

Ah, too bad... but from what you said earlier, I guess a lot of people missed it due to the unexpectedly (?) early start time.  Shame about that. :?

Hope the rain lets up...

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline Artseeker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #110 on: May 04, 2008, 07:47:54 AM
Has Dir en grey finished their performance or are they still on stage?

Offline verisimilitude

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #111 on: May 04, 2008, 07:49:41 AM
Quote from: "MiscastDice"
Does anyone have any more information? Who's up now?

No one is posting about anything, anymore, for whatever reason, so I have no idea what's been happening since Dir en grey ended.  I don't know what forums specifically darkcat21 was watching yesterday, or I'd go take a look at those, too.

All I know is that it's rumored that X JAPAN will be playing at 6 p.m. (18:00) and I also heard yesterday that LUNA SEA is scheduled for 4 or 4:30 p.m. (16:00 or 16:30).  Reports on the second conflict.

Quote from: "Hollywood"
It does, and thanks (no need to be sorry). Smile I've lost track of them somewhat lately and am not really up-to-date on their present-day stuff, but I like them, one of my favorite old Extasy bands.
(The reason I asked about who's singing is because their vocalist Umemura died last year.)

I figured there was a reason you must have been asking, because one of the Japanese fans had asked precisely the same question.  Thanks for filling me in.  :)

Offline verisimilitude

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #112 on: May 04, 2008, 07:50:23 AM

I posted this a few posts up.  Dir en grey finished between 14:55 and 15:00.

Offline Artseeker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #113 on: May 04, 2008, 07:52:27 AM

I posted this a few posts up.  Dir en grey finished between 14:55 and 15:00.

Ah sorry :)

Offline O.Trebuchet

• Sunday Listener
  • bask in art.
    • View Profile
Reply #114 on: May 04, 2008, 07:59:19 AM
is LUNA SEA up?

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #115 on: May 04, 2008, 08:05:01 AM
verisimilitude said its rumored that Luna Sea will play at 4:30, and X-japan at 6:00, and it was said before that both bands might have long sets, and its rumored that X-japan are playing last if all that's true then Luna Sea and X-japan will be the last bands to perform, so no Luna Sea probably aren't up yet, there are still 4 other bands who havn't performed yet.

Offline verisimilitude

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #116 on: May 04, 2008, 08:13:26 AM
LUNA SEA hasn't started yet, but people think that they're going to be next.  However, I have no real indication of who is up now.

THE UNDERNEATH performed sometime after Dir en grey, but there might have been another band, too.  I'm not sure at this point, but I asked who was after Dir en grey, and the only answer anyone managed to give me was THE UNDERNEATH. I doubt they've played this entire time, however.

I'll let you all know when I hear more.

EDIT: OBLIVION DUST is on right now.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #117 on: May 04, 2008, 08:24:09 AM
If someone could find some kind of live stream in any form, that would be great.

Offline verisimilitude

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #118 on: May 04, 2008, 08:25:29 AM
If someone could find some kind of live stream in any form, that would be great.

I highly, HIGHLY doubt that will be possible, since the broadcast they're doing isn't live like the X JAPAN concerts was.  I don't know who could possibly be filming it and uploading it live.  Don't get your hopes up.  The chances of that are so low that I'd round them down to zero.

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #119 on: May 04, 2008, 08:31:07 AM

I highly, HIGHLY doubt that will be possible, since the broadcast they're doing isn't live like the X JAPAN concerts was.  I don't know who could possibly be filming it and uploading it live.  Don't get your hopes up.  The chances of that are so low that I'd round them down to zero.

I wonder if anyone's got cameraphone video up yet. That was the first thing to leak out of the X JAPAN concerts