Masaya

SarahAlex · 36414

Offline zyymurgy

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: June 13, 2008, 12:45:04 AM
Quote from: "MiscastDice"
Quote from: "ben"
I figure this is the most relevant place to put this..

Is there a webpage where you can read about Masaya himself and his 'cult' (for lack of a better word)?

I've seen Toshi's personal thoughts towards it, but I'm interested to read some general information about it and what its about.

If you want a box for your head, I can sell you one cheaper than $50,000.

:twisted:

wah wah wahhhh~

Shoulda seen that one coming.

ben

Reply #91 on: June 13, 2008, 01:26:11 AM

Is there a webpage where you can read about Masaya himself and his 'cult' (for lack of a better word)?

I've seen Toshi's personal thoughts towards it, but I'm interested to read some general information about it and what its about.

Huh?..

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: June 13, 2008, 01:28:15 AM

Huh?..

Inside joke. Home of Hearth (that's the group name) is known for, among other things, isolating people (including children) and making them wear a glorified box on their head for some reason. It also demands massive donations, Toshi once gave it $50,000.

ben

Reply #93 on: June 13, 2008, 01:45:14 AM

Huh?..

Inside joke. Home of Hearth (that's the group name) is known for, among other things, isolating people (including children) and making them wear a glorified box on their head for some reason. It also demands massive donations, Toshi once gave it $50,000.

Thanks for the information. I just have a interest reading about all these new age religions and cults, that's all.

Offline SarahAlex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Reply #94 on: June 13, 2008, 06:55:22 AM

I have actually seen one... somewhere - but it was made by people who only complained about it, some anti-Masaya "fans" - and it was written in Japanese.  :wink:

SarahAlex - the devil's advocate

Offline Edside

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: June 13, 2008, 09:22:24 AM

Huh?..

Strange things...

Offline SarahAlex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Reply #96 on: June 13, 2008, 03:49:14 PM
And guys, have you heard about what the Christians do? Hey, they force people to wear metal crosses on their necks, that's unbelieveable!  :shock: And the Muslims wear strange turbans!  :shock: How could they do it?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #97 on: June 13, 2008, 09:23:06 PM
Quote from: "SarahAlex"
And guys, have you heard about what the Christians do? Hey, they force people to wear metal crosses on their necks, that's unbelieveable!  :shock: And the Muslims wear strange turbans!  :shock: How could they do it?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: Seriously, I'd like to know more about it from an objective source myself, so I could see how it ranks on the Bonewits scale http://www.neopagan.net/ABCDEF.html

Offline 003chan

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: June 13, 2008, 10:34:32 PM
I would say we all would like to know more from an "objective source"... but what is an objective source in this case anyway  :idea:  ?

Offline Edside

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #99 on: June 14, 2008, 11:08:50 AM
Yeah, I think we all would like to know... :?

Offline SarahAlex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Reply #100 on: June 14, 2008, 11:15:46 AM
Ok, is there anybody brave (read: crazy) enough (and in Japan enough) to go and join Masaya's "cult" to find out the truth? :D

Offline Maraja

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • http://littleflapper.livejournal.com/
Reply #101 on: June 14, 2008, 11:21:48 AM
Quote from: "SarahAlex"

*cought* well, but metal cross looks good on my neck *yewellery fetish* XDDDDDDD

img]http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g205/maraja88/screen-4-1-1.jpg[/img]

Mom, I'm sorry. Am I playing some bad games?

I'm already a love addict

Ride on time, let go

Offline SarahAlex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Reply #102 on: June 14, 2008, 11:46:20 AM
I'm sure "a glorified box" on your head would also look great. :D We must try it. :D

Offline ~Carmilla~

• Sunday Listener
  • ROCK LIKE FUCK!!!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/x_holic
Reply #103 on: August 06, 2008, 02:25:58 PM
His real name is Toshimitsu Deyama. aaaand...... he's 42 years old!! ^-^

And I heard that he's married...? o_O!

WE ARE X!!!

Offline 003chan

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #104 on: August 06, 2008, 03:35:48 PM
His real name is Toshimitsu Deyama. aaaand...... he's 42 years old!! ^-^

And I heard that he's married...? o_O!
Mmm... may I know what you're talking about o.O in case this is not a joke ?

Offline ~Carmilla~

• Sunday Listener
  • ROCK LIKE FUCK!!!
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: August 09, 2008, 12:57:41 PM
Huh? I just said his real name and age..? o_O Toshimitsu Deyama!! That's what I've heard! And he's born 10.10.1965....?

what the hell XDDD Tell me if I'm wrong or something!!!

WE ARE X!!!

Offline 003chan

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: August 09, 2008, 01:11:47 PM
Well we're in the Masaya topic  :D so I didn't get why you were talking about Toshi out of the blue  ???
Masaya's real name is Toru Kurabuchi and he's 51 years old now.

edit: the newest Masaya channel is here http://www.youtube.com/user/ToshiMasayaNews1998
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 01:14:42 PM by 003chan »

Offline ~Carmilla~

• Sunday Listener
  • ROCK LIKE FUCK!!!
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: August 11, 2008, 11:01:57 AM
OHH!! HAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA I'm so sorry XDDD

But but but, did someone say that "Masaya" is Toshi's nickname or something??

I'm so out XDDD

WE ARE X!!!

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: August 11, 2008, 03:53:26 PM
Whatever support people give Masaya, a few things don't sit well with me about him - and I'm not talking about the usual tabloid rumours such as "the cult brainwashes people" and "Toshi touched my baby!". These are honest observations I've made of his conduct, which to me come across as being a little bit shady but to you, may not.

1) He seems to be dominant in terms of creative control over Toshi's work without always being transparant about it, I dunno why but I always feel this is a little bit shady, makes me feel as if Toshi under Masaya is nothing more than a manufactured project.

2) He asked Toshi to drop the lifestyle of a rockstar and the spotlight that came with it in order to protect his record label and his group from unwanted and possibly harmful publicity - yet he still expects Toshi to funnel money, which comes from his rock-star lifestyle, back into his activities and his group. Again, I see this as being shady and a little bit hypocritical of Masaya and also makes me feel that he is using Toshi for his own benefit.

3) He calls himself Masaya. Is there a little bit of megolamania here or is it just me?

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #109 on: August 11, 2008, 04:38:17 PM
3) He calls himself Masaya. Is there a little bit of megolamania here or is it just me?

Um... what's wrong with that name? It's a perfectly normal Japanese name (I know two Masayas, dammit) and I personally think that this whole Masaya/Messiah thing is a nonsense.

Pony rocks!

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #110 on: August 11, 2008, 06:11:10 PM

Um... what's wrong with that name? It's a perfectly normal Japanese name (I know two Masayas, dammit) and I personally think that this whole Masaya/Messiah thing is a nonsense.

Well, his real name is Toru Kurabuchi - which I am fairly sure has no relation to the name "Masaya" at all. So why he chooses to call himself that is not exactly clear or lucid. That in mind, I'm also aware that he is fairly proficient in his use of the English Language, having written the English lyrics for 'Earth in the Dark' so it's both possible and tangable that his use of the word "Masaya" is an intended pun on the word "Messiah" - therefore is anything BUT nonescence, taking into account his conduct and day to day life. Like I said, it's a personal grey area for me as I find the man to come across as being both shady and intentionally untransparent - if you have any better or constructive ideas then I'd like to hear them, as it may help clear up my suspicions.

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #111 on: August 11, 2008, 06:30:53 PM
Well, I do know singers (EDIT: as Masaya himself used to sing, as far as I know) in my very own country who exchanged their plain name and surnamne for another rather plain, yet short and easy-to-remember first name.  And I am indeed aware of the Masaya/Messiah idea, but the whole reasoning behind it seems so far-fetched to me (maybe Masaya himself would be pretty surprised) that I consider it a nonsense anyway. It's just how it feels to me (as neither I - and anyone else here - know the man himself enough), period. I have no need to persuade anyone otherwise.  ;)   
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 06:40:45 PM by Anna »

Pony rocks!

Offline SarahAlex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Reply #112 on: August 11, 2008, 10:18:21 PM
(EDIT: as Masaya himself used to sing, as far as I know)

Yes, he really did. I've heard him singing a part of Elvis Presley's famous song called "Can't help falling in love". ;D It was sweet. :D

Offline Aerce

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #113 on: August 13, 2008, 06:55:31 PM
Well, I do know singers (EDIT: as Masaya himself used to sing, as far as I know) in my very own country who exchanged their plain name and surnamne for another rather plain, yet short and easy-to-remember first name.  And I am indeed aware of the Masaya/Messiah idea, but the whole reasoning behind it seems so far-fetched to me (maybe Masaya himself would be pretty surprised) that I consider it a nonsense anyway. It's just how it feels to me (as neither I - and anyone else here - know the man himself enough), period. I have no need to persuade anyone otherwise.  ;)   

True, I have to agree with you. I think people make him look like the bad guy who stole Toshi's life (for a while).

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #114 on: September 04, 2008, 11:38:57 AM
Hmm, I sit on the fence about this matter. At the moment, in my opinion, from what I know, I think Masaya is just another guy that has his on views of life and how to live it. If I remember correctly, reading from various sources, Masaya never ever told Toshi to quit doing what he was doing back in 97. He said that as long as Toshi was doing what he was doing, he could not be friends with him. I could see how that could come across as a "Quit doing what you are doing and join me for a "better" life" sort of thing but if you think about it, maybe Masaya liked living the way he was and that if he became friends with a famous singer of Toshi's status then maybe it would obstruct the life he chose to live.....I don't know, but that's what I think at the moment.

If you look at it, Masaya has never done any harm to Toshi or anyone else. I think that Toshi's fans of his old work got upset and didn't agree with what he was doing because it didn't suit them. I personally think that Toshi did what he wanted to do and that it helped make him happy.

He is back doing X stuff now so I don't see how the whole Masaya forced him to quit it thing works out. As far as I know, they are still working together, no?  ;)

O, and that Messiah thing......*scoff* That just sounds like a clever headline for a newspaper wanting readers.

Offline alex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #115 on: September 04, 2008, 11:20:28 PM
He said that as long as Toshi was doing what he was doing, he could not be friends with him. I could see how that could come across as a "Quit doing what you are doing and join me for a "better" life" sort of thing but if you think about it, maybe Masaya liked living the way he was and that if he became friends with a famous singer of Toshi's status then maybe it would obstruct the life he chose to live.....I don't know, but that's what I think at the moment -----

----- He is back doing X stuff now so I don't see how the whole Masaya forced him to quit it thing works out. As far as I know, they are still working together, no?  ;)

Sounds like Masaya finally sold out according to that theory ;)

Offline demonbefriender

• Fan
  • I think I am a banana tree
    • View Profile
    • My Livejournal
Reply #116 on: September 27, 2008, 03:16:06 PM
Ahhh! Guys, it seems like ToshiMasayaNews1998's account on Youtube is closed (again?...).

Why does this keep happening? D:''
I think if this account is ever started new again, I'm going to rip all the .flv files, just in case they're taken down again.

(sob) ;A;''

GARBAGE DAY!

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #117 on: September 27, 2008, 03:56:07 PM

hi there

Offline 003chan

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #118 on: September 27, 2008, 04:12:18 PM
Thanks Darkcat  ;) I suppose it's the late ToshiMasayaNews98, right?

Offline jacquien

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #119 on: September 27, 2008, 06:47:10 PM
seems the latest account is ToshiFromXJapan