X Freaks Forum

News:

• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Richard Fortus may play more shows with X Japan !!!

Sander · 2151

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
on: April 19, 2008, 11:15:57 PM
Richard Fortus has been interviewed by a Guns N'Roses website. The interviewer asked some questions about X Japan. Here are the interesting parts :

Big Pat - What led up to you performing the shows with X Japan?

Richard Fortus - I've known Yoshiki for years. I'd done sessions that he was producing and I'd done some work for some artists that were on his label. I went to Tokyo to play with one of his artists for the launch of his label. Then I ran in to him at his studio while i was working on a movie score. We spoke and he told me that he'd heard that Robin and I had played "Endless Rain" while GN'R was in Japan. A few weeks later he called and asked if i'd be interested in being a guest guitarist for the X Japan reunion shows.

Big Pat - Will you be doing any touring this summer? If so,with who?

Richard Fortus - I don't really want to tour right now. I'm going to be doing some shows with the Furs and possibly some more shows with X Japan and also with a Danish band called the Storm. I played on their record and they are good friends. Other than that, i'd much rather be at home playing on different records and composing film/ads and video game scores, as well as writing with different artists.

Big Pat - You and Robin played X Japan's "Endless Rain" as part of your
guitar duet during some of GN'R's Japanese shows in July 2007. Why that
song? Who picked it?

Richard Fortus - No comment on this question.

Full interview here : http://gnrdaily.com/news_detail.asp?id=1289

DISCUSS HERE

Thanks to Lucs for the news

This is my administrator color.