1980s
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Voting closed: April 06, 2008, 11:28:38 PM

Offline NeiCHAMA

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: April 08, 2008, 10:27:38 PM
I only started liking xjapan last year. After my friend forced me to listen to tears till i started to love it. xD

Offline nage

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #31 on: April 08, 2008, 10:38:51 PM
Hahaha~ I got a few friends on X Japan!  :twisted: Motto, motto, motto! I must force them to come to Paris too... I'll feel so lost, being the only Slovak fan there... ;_;

May X be with you!

Offline Dreamaway

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Reply #32 on: April 08, 2008, 10:59:01 PM
I first heard X Japan about 5 years ago, but it took me a while to properly listen to them. I fell in love with Say Anything about a year later, and then a few more of their ballads. Then last year, when I saw Saw IV, I loved the song playing on the credits, so went to find out what it was. I thought that it sounded like X, but couldn't be them since they'd broken up... I was rather happy when I found out it actually was them, and that they were back together. Now I'm a huge fan  :D  Only wish I'd actually listened to them sooner haha.

☠  Jenny  ☠

I feel the cold ground underneath my boots, and for no good reason it reminds me of you.

Offline aaroni

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: April 09, 2008, 05:57:37 AM
Quote from: "Kihl"
Late 2005/2006

Same here.

I discovered Malice Mizer the summer of 2005 and really just listened to them and their solo projects for a few months along with the other bands I listen to then began looking for more Japanese groups and musicians. Eventually I stumbled upon Dice and read a bit about hide then wanted to hear some songs from his old band. I actually wasn't too keen on what I heard at first (I know, blasphamy!) but after giving X Japan a second chance something just clicked. I got hooked, and have been listening to them (and trying to get others I know to do the same :P) ever since.

Offline Matilda in Oz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: May 12, 2008, 11:26:25 AM
I have known of them since sometime around maybe 2005? A friend sent a link to Endless Rain to me. I was extremly busy at that time in my life so I listened and thought I HAVE to check these guys out later. Listened to it again maybe a year later and thought that WHO are these people?  

I got extremely busy again, but kept that link in my mailbox as SUPER IMPORTANT and only this year have I finally had the time to sit down and really listen. And did I listen! I couldn't stop!

I'm less in to ballads than the faster stuff, so when I found Kurenai on youtube I was totally sold. And then X and then Orgasm. And it's not just the music I love, but the laughs, the dramas and antics, the makeup and crazy outfits. Everything!

And then of course I had to read Taiji's book and everything about everything else about them that I could find.

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: May 12, 2008, 01:30:27 PM
i think i start listening X Japan, in early 2002. The 1st song is Longing togiretta melody. But, i listen the mandarin version, because at that time, i watching wind and cloud series. i love the song (mandarin version), i try to ask my friend, what is the title of that song. my friend search in internet and download the song. he told me that, this is the japanessesss version. 1st, i thought,  japanessesss people sing this song. after that, my friend copy the song to me and i start listen to the song. i found that, wtf???? i felt weird with toshi voice and i love it. and i still remember, i listen to longing for 3 hours in the row. and then, i found the mandarin version, and listen to that, it sounds different , but still good. and i realized , Longing originally is X Japan song not mandarin song. lol. after that my other friend, copy some more of their song, Endless rain, tears, forever love, silent jealousy. after sometimes, i got my internet connection as well, i searched for X Japan, and i found rusty nail. sounds amazing. after rusty nail, i download Art of Life, it takes me a while to like that song, especially the piano solo part. but now, i think art of life is X Japan best rock song.

Ex denxdenx

Offline XjapanFOREVER

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: May 15, 2008, 02:22:31 AM
I got the OST for Dirge of Cerberus: FFVII, on it were two songs by Gackt.
researched Gackt -> Superband with YOSHIKI
Researched YOSHIKI -> X JAPAN

*POOF*

X FREAK!

Offline Orbis

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Reply #37 on: May 15, 2008, 10:02:23 AM
I guess I got into X Japan about year 2003-2004, when my friend told me about it.

He said that they've got some amazing ballads so I gave this band a chance and got addicted at once. X Japan was also the first Japanese band I started to listen to.

Week End, Week End, Week End, I'm at My Wit's End"

Offline Layla_Black

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fotolog.com/natsuko_koizumi
Reply #38 on: May 15, 2008, 04:59:57 PM
2005. I can't remember the day but I can remember perfectly what happen.

I was talking to a good friend of mine and he told me : I'm going to show you a song I'm sure you will like but you must promise me that you will think about me every time you listen to it.

It was Forever Love.

Things end bad with this guy but at least I still have the music =)

Offline ~Carmilla~

• Sunday Listener
  • ROCK LIKE FUCK!!!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/x_holic
Reply #39 on: August 31, 2008, 05:44:34 PM
Hmmm I don't know where to begin!! But one thing I know sure: The first time I saw Yoshiki, I fell in love!! <3____<3 I heard about him in... 2006 maybe?

The first song I ever heard from X was "Scars", but I didn't know it was them XD There was this huge misunderstanding, because I thought that it was a song of Dir en grey! (yes, I know, how the hell can I mix X and Diru??) anyway, the first thing I noticed in that song was: THE DRUMS!! I was like "kyaaaahhh the drummer is so amazing... *-*"
And when I found out it was X and Yoshiki, I was like oooohhhh my gooooodd!!!! <3_____<3!! I was a huge Dir en grey freak that time, but soon after X beated Diru.... nyahahah!!

WE ARE X!!!

Offline Kaunis

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: September 03, 2008, 06:56:36 PM
I first discovered X in 2002. My Nan had just died and I was on the internet and somehow discovered Tears. I can't remember how exactly. It made me cry and I just felt an instant connection to the song. I've been a fan ever since but it's only really in the last couple of years I've started listening to them more and now I can't go a day without listening to one of their songs.

Offline Aerce

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: September 03, 2008, 07:03:44 PM
~5 years ago

Offline Ixchel

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: September 06, 2008, 06:46:26 AM
For me it was probably the Spring of 2004, so March to May-ish.
I remember my sister was really bored and she searched "anime music" (Yes, we were young and I didn't know what to type ^^" at the time). Anyway, we came to this karaoke site with a huge amount of random Japanese songs. X's songs happened to be there. My sister really liked their music and started to search them up. I remember her showing me their pictures (with the big hair, wild clothes and the like) and I thought to myself "People actually look like that? =O ". I vividly remember the spikes on Yoshiki's hair XD. I didn't exactly know the titles of the songs she had been downloading at the time, but I believe I heard Kurenai, Silent Jealousy, Tears and the list goes on. I'm very happy we discovered them because they're an amazing band =)

~Ixchel

Offline Ryo-Ohki

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: September 15, 2008, 11:32:17 PM
My very first taste of anything related to X was when Roger Taylor released Foreign Sand.  Well some time after that, I got the cd (1998)... then in 2004, a friend sent me a song to listen to.. and I was just floored.  I fell in love with the song instantly (As I had with Foreign Sand).   That song was Say Anything....

This/these images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.

Offline Overdose

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Reply #44 on: September 16, 2008, 02:03:25 AM
My first taste would have beenaround 2003 or 2004 when a friend showed me an anime movie called "X", really enjoyed the movie and the ending was depressing, made worse by the fact Forever Love was playing :(.  But yeah that was the first time i heard and that got me interested.  Then a year or 2 later i was reading a article about music references in Guilty Gear.  I love the final boss music and I read "Midnight Carnival is basically an instrumental of Kurenai by X Japan".

I downloaded Kurenai and so I became hooked, my general J-Music horizons spread too as I already liked L'Arc en ciel and X Japan got me hooked and i just liked more and more.  Why X Japan is in my big three of favourite bands I love.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: September 16, 2008, 04:04:24 AM
About three years ago really. While I always knew about the band 'X Japan' via general hear-say due to the fact I have been closely involved in Anime/Jrock internet culture since 2000 or so I had never really gotten into them. Back in 2005 I was really into Daisuke Asakura's work with Takanori Nishikawa (T.M. Revolution to us mortals) and one day decided on a whim to download (yes, illegally, I stole) the 'Ballad Collection' via a bittorrent link out of general curiosity. By the time it finished I was expecting this 'legendary X Japan' band to be pretty heavy stuff... but all I found while skimming through the MP3's was boy-band sounding love songs. I paid the entire album about 5 minutes of attention before casting it aside.

Then... a few months later I went on a friend's myspace profile to find myself captivated by the beautifully orchestral song which he had as his profile song. I was enjoying listening to this epic piece of music passively and then realised that this was music was by X Japan, entitled 'Say Anything'. Now, I'd heard all about hide (who hasn't? :p) and his subsequent departure from this world, but I couldn't understand what the big deal about him was... then the guitar solo kicked in and it all made sense.

I looked for the ballad collection album which I picked up for the song 'Say Anything', to my delight it was there - so without hesitation I added the album to my Ipod so I could listen to this song which I had fallen in love with...

A few years, a trip to Japan and three amazing concerts later here I am. Bring on Paris!

Offline Sayu

• Sunday Listener
  • Psycho...
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: September 20, 2008, 06:35:31 PM
December 2005,i was just 15 years old and I bumped to X when i searched information about Japan for school essay,browser found me something about X Japan,i was really shocked xD i started to find more about them,downloaded some songs and videos(my first song was Tears i think) and totally forgot about school essay,so next day i got F from it because I didn´t have it xD

hehe,it seems like i´m the youngest one here xP
it´s funny that X were founded when i wasn´t born xD
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 08:15:34 PM by Sayu »

Offline Syunikiss

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: October 05, 2008, 02:34:21 AM
Well already scratched this on my introduction, but guess I'll post it in tad more detail here.

Me and two of my friends were on our way to a weekend over martial arts camp out of town. My friend (the driver) had mp3 player with some weird contraption contacted to his cars casette player. Anyway, he thought it would be nice for us to listen to some nice music while sitting in the car. So he hit up with X Japan Tears. After the song was over me and my other friend asked pretty much simultaniosly "What band is that?".

After that we listened to many songs by X Japan, and learned to love them even more. The rest is history, not a single band has been able to outdo X Japan in my books.

Offline iluvpinkspider

• Sunday Listener
  • do you bleed for the fantasy?
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: October 26, 2009, 10:40:09 PM
i don't remember the exact date, but i know it was in august of this year. i feel so young and n00bish...haha. i'm glad i got into them. the first songs i heard were "Drain" "I.V." and "Scars"...which i thought were awesome, so i downloaded more, and haven't been able to stop listening since! it's the longest i've ever been into any one band, so i'm happy

If you could have told me everything
You would have found what love is
For now I will try to live for you and for me
I will try to live with love, with dreams,
and forever with tears

RIP hide! December 13, 1964-May 2, 1998