• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Swedish Figure Skater dancing to Forever Love

Sirimono · 5854

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
on: April 03, 2008, 06:58:57 PM
When I was watching the world championships of figure skating in gothenburg a few weeks ago i noticed a song in one of the performances...
I knew the melody so well, so I thought "ohh it's a classical song i know" and was happy about it

but when it came to the chorus (it was all instrumental though) i noticed it was X's Forever Love!!

I exploded XD or so, almost cried!!

The name of the Figure Skater is Kristoffer Berntsson ^^ and well... I can't post links on youtube yet, but I give you the name of the video:

(it is the 3rd song in the performance i think, but it's way too short .__.)

Kristoffer BERNTSSON 2008 World FS

it is actually from a japanese station and they mention that it is X Japan ^^

god i loved this, live in tv ^^ so great

(please move thread if it's posted in wrong forum x__x;;)

„All images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.“

Offline madrigal

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 07:09:03 PM
I actually saw that on tv, I was like :shock:  I RECOGNIZE THAT SONG

Offline madrigal

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 07:36:50 PM
I'm not sure, but I recall reading something about him chosing it himself (at the forum on helgon or something) :)

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 07:41:37 PM
Quote from: "madrigal"
I'm not sure, but I recall reading something about him chosing it himself (at the forum on helgon or something) :)

i wondered about that!! since the music is usually chosen by the managers or trainers and it's just picked depending on if it fits the program ^^;

it would be cool if he decided himself! i was sad when he fell down though...

„All images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.“

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 07:58:36 PM

Vad heter du på Helgon? :0

Offline Uncontrol

• Filesharers
  • Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 09:47:27 PM

Offline madrigal

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 10:10:04 PM
Quote from: "MillieQOF"

Jag skickade ett pm, tänkte att det var offtopic, jag slarvar lite med sånt så jag ska försöka bättra mig :P

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 10:27:31 PM

Jag skickade ett pm, tänkte att det var offtopic, jag slarvar lite med sånt så jag ska försöka bättra mig :P

Hahah okejokej jag spammade dig lite

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: April 03, 2008, 10:35:50 PM
Quote from: "Babak"
Heh, where the hell does this wave of Swedes come from anyway?  :shock:

i always asked that myself o_o it happens all the time... they come intruding in masses of a sudden!!

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: April 03, 2008, 10:38:36 PM
Quote from: "Sirimono"
Heh, where the hell does this wave of Swedes come from anyway?  :shock:

i always asked that myself o_o it happens all the time... they come intruding in masses of a sudden!!

We are Swedes.
We are Legion.
We do not forgi--ok I stop :D

Offline madrigal

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: April 03, 2008, 10:39:21 PM
I've got no idea!
I mean, I've been a member for a year in a weak (I almost wrote week - I blame X :P)

It might be the concerts that have made all the swedish people to become members instead of lurking in the shadows? I did that for a long time before I became a memeber, and I still do it on some forums (mostly because I'm lazy - orkar inte registrera mig :P). But I think it's nice! :D

With this many swedes we might finally get that concert in Globen? ;) I bet Yoshiki reads all these forums for ideas, so come on! :D

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: April 03, 2008, 10:42:48 PM
I've got no idea!
I mean, I've been a member for a year in a weak (I almost wrote week - I blame X :P)

It might be the concerts that have made all the swedish people to become members instead of lurking in the shadows? I did that for a long time before I became a memeber, and I still do it on some forums (mostly because I'm lazy - orkar inte registrera mig :P). But I think it's nice! :D

With this many swedes we might finally get that concert in Globen? ;) I bet Yoshiki reads all these forums for ideas, so come on! :D

Sadly, I don't think they'll be able to fill Globen... Unless we get some help from our Nordic neighbours.

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: April 03, 2008, 10:47:00 PM
I've got no idea!

Sadly, I don't think they'll be able to fill Globen... Unless we get some help from our Nordic neighbours.

NORDIC NEIGHBOURS AT YOUR COMMAND

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: April 03, 2008, 10:52:04 PM
Hey, I wouldn't doubt that we could fill globen, even for a second. Just imagine how many people who are going to france now!  :D

Anyways, enough OT.

There's a clip of another figure skater that dances to the classical version of Rose of Pain. Youtube it. It's beautiful!  :shock:

(She's Japanese though...)

GIMME TITLE OF VIDEO AT ONCE
IS IT MY SHIZUKA DARLING? (sorry, i love japanese figure skaters >_>)

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: April 03, 2008, 11:01:40 PM

edit > does anyone know on what album this version of the song can be found?

Thank you so much!!! This was plainly beautiful and awesome *__*

I don't think this version is made by Yoshiki though ^^;

Everytime I see a japanese figure skater going on ice i hope that they will use an X song!! And now i know it actually happens

Offline alex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: April 04, 2008, 10:10:04 AM
Hey, I wouldn't doubt that we could fill globen, even for a second. Just imagine how many people who are going to france now!  :D

I really doubt that man! The cities in central Europe have so many more people than Sweden. Germany alone has more than 3 times the population of entire Scandinavia, and Sweden alone is bigger than Germany (long distances). So without the help of Germans - they'll probably go to Paris instead - I don't think we can do it. If the Paris show sells out extremely quickly I'll think over it again, though.

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: April 04, 2008, 01:54:02 PM
Quote from: "alex"

I really doubt that man! The cities in central Europe have so many more people than Sweden. Germany alone has more than 3 times the population of entire Scandinavia, and Sweden alone is bigger than Germany (long distances). So without the help of Germans - they'll probably go to Paris instead - I don't think we can do it. If the Paris show sells out extremely quickly I'll think over it again, though.

I'm german and it's much easier for me to go to Stockholm or Göteborg than Paris!! I like the north much more anyway >_>

Sweden would get help from east europe too

Offline XXX

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: April 04, 2008, 04:23:56 PM
Here's another one who wants them to come to sweden  :D

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: April 10, 2008, 07:21:06 AM
I don't know if you know but

Midori Ito 1993 World Pro "Rose of Pain"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dg3jlLS9W4[/youtube]

RIP

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: April 10, 2008, 09:39:10 AM
yeah we had linked that here before ^^ it's so beautiful

Offline alex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: April 10, 2008, 10:41:11 AM
Quote from: "Sirimono"
I'm german and it's much easier for me to go to Stockholm or Göteborg than Paris!! I like the north much more anyway >_>

Sweden would get help from east europe too

Hm, really? I thought it must be way easier to go to Paris from Germany than to Sweden. All the water in the way etc, railroads can't be used effectively. Paris is closer to Berlin than Stockholm, too, and since both of them are quite major cities the transport between them must be quite developed.

I don't know if Eastern Europe have that many X fans, and even if they do, Sweden might be too expensive for many of them? Go Hypno though! :P

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #21 on: April 10, 2008, 12:48:20 PM
The plain tickets I wanted jumped from €100 to €400 in less than two weeks T_T

I'll probably use Estonian Air- direct flight and ~€256...

This is my administrator color.

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #22 on: April 10, 2008, 01:28:15 PM
I bought air tickets for Dana and me today... - 312 E including insurance. But these would be 5 times more expensive in another few months. :?

Pony rocks!

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: April 10, 2008, 01:58:36 PM
Quote from: "alex"

Hm, really? I thought it must be way easier to go to Paris from Germany than to Sweden. All the water in the way etc, railroads can't be used effectively. Paris is closer to Berlin than Stockholm, too, and since both of them are quite major cities the transport between them must be quite developed.

from where i live a ferry goes directly to sweden. a day more train tour and i'd be there... it might actually be cheaper to fly from hamburg to stockholm.
in the end both travels are too expensive for me right now... i could use a concert in hamburg or berlin before july XD

Offline jigokugal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: April 10, 2008, 02:20:40 PM
nice thread!
I've never watched both videos. Thanks guys.
Although I had no idea of what competition (cup) it was. but the youtube vid is great! X Japan songs perfectly match skate dance.

jigokugal