• View Profile
    • http://www.yoshiki.fr
Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 07:00:21 PM
I'll maybe be here

Offline YusamiUne

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 07:05:06 PM
Shall we schedule a meet up the closer it gets to the concert? :D Anyone game?

A Rose is breathing love
in my life"

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 07:50:32 PM
I'm out. :P

Though you guys who go, I totally want to read your reports!

For me personally though... eh.  I feel like Yoshiki purposely announced NY rather than LA as an attempt to further disassociate X Japan from their Sunset Strip-inspired roots.  A bit of a dis to LA and the Strip, especially coming from a guy who lives here.  So if that's how it's gonna be, then whatever, if they've decided they're too cool for LA then I've decided I don't feel like flying across the country to see them.

I might at some point leave "please play LA" messages on their myspaces, but I dunno.  Need to think for a few days on that.  Right today it's a little beneath my pride, too much like begging, especially since I also suspect they may announce LA as a "surprise" later "due to overwhelming demand" and I don't feel like looking like I bit the bait.

Anyway, if they come to LA, I'll be there for sure.  But if it's just NY... nah, sorry.  Enjoy though, those of you who go!

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline RoseOfPain

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 07:54:52 PM
I think they're playing in NY because of the huge popularity of Madison Square Guarden. and dont forget, there are only 2 lives announced, so, if both shows go well (and I think they will) I guess they will play in more cities I think LA is going to be one of them. but, thats just me thinking

I'VE GOT EXTASY, BUT I FEEL THE TEAR IS FALLING DOWN

Offline nemetroid

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 08:06:21 PM
Quote from: "Hollywood"
especially since I also suspect they may announce LA as a "surprise" later "due to overwhelming demand"

Yeah, I didn't find the "two days live with one day inbetween but we booked the dome three days" really believable.  :P

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 08:20:17 PM
Quote from: "RoseOfPain"
if both shows go well (and I think they will) I guess they will play in more cities I think LA is going to be one of them. but, thats just me thinking

Yeah, it's very possible.  I also suspect that, if they do announce LA-- either because they've planned it all along, or because they decided to do it after seeing the demand-- it won't be until after they sell all the tickets to the NY show.  Since if they announce more than one US date now, they won't sell as many NY tickets, and I'm sure they want to sell as many NY tickets as they possibly can.  (Same thing could happen in Europe too, it wouldn't surprise me to see additional countries announced after France sells out.)

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline nage

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 08:29:08 PM
RToC flyer said August 2008 so I guess CA will go first eventually... >,> I wonder what people from JRR, who already booked all the things, will do, if there's a new announcement..........

May X be with you!

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: April 04, 2008, 12:08:23 AM
I WILL be there and it will be legendary!

Offline violence

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: April 04, 2008, 02:00:50 AM
I'll be there with friggen bells on, i've already started planning! hahaha, so far it'll be 600$ just for plane+hotel, but is soooo worth it. i hope they can sell it out (after ive got my tickets of course :D) it would be great to see alot of people from this forum there too, but i think most people here are from europe. either way its gunna be crazy.

Offline Radical Pan

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: April 04, 2008, 02:26:56 AM
I'm from Panama and my two best friends and my boyfriend are going with me, maybe my dad will come too XD he's crazy and likes to fool around A LOT, so I can practically see him at the concert playing dumb.

The round trip from Panama (that is, Central America, limits with Colombia) cost about $660, and I'm thinking of staying the whole week, it's a good chance to know the city, I've always wanted to, and omg the museums. So yeah, I'm booking from Sunday 7 to Sunday 14, I would stay more time but I'm in the middle of University, so yes, I will be skipping it for a whole week just for X :lol:

Btw, if anyone knows something about cheap hotels near MSG, or at least near enough, please do tell.

Offline violence

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: April 04, 2008, 02:44:56 AM
Its great you can make it from so far away Radical!. the hotel i'm staying at is a holiday inn(i think) which is on the same block as MSG. but its about 300$ a night, but split between 5 people it will be like $60 somthing each, which is not bad. :D

Offline Radical Pan

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: April 04, 2008, 03:23:09 AM
Quote from: "violence"
Its great you can make it from so far away Radical!. the hotel i'm staying at is a holiday inn(i think) which is on the same block as MSG. but its about 300$ a night, but split between 5 people it will be like $60 somthing each, which is not bad. :D

Really? I mean, how many beds does one of those rooms have? or how many can you ask? if they can get us 2 double beds and one individual or something like that, I think I may book there.

Offline radicalblues

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: April 04, 2008, 03:27:06 AM
Quote from: "Radical Pan"
I'm from Panama and my two best friends and my boyfriend

Rawr (see: going too)

Offline violence

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: April 04, 2008, 03:29:59 AM
ya, it comes with 2 double beds in the room :)
But i think there is a limit of 4 per room, so i dunno.

Offline Kuroneko

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/kuroneko247
Reply #15 on: April 04, 2008, 03:50:18 AM
I'll be there! ^_^!...along with my group of friends!!! so excited!

Offline aaroni

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: April 04, 2008, 04:13:34 AM
I'm tryin'.

Already got a friend who said she'd go with me. She's never heard the band before (I'll give her a crash course in X if I do manage to get the tickets, figure out travel arrangements, etc. so she'll at least have an idea of what they're about before we take the eight hour trip!) but hey, if she doesn't enjoy the show she'll get a trip to New York out of it, so I'm sure I won't hear any complaints.

Offline stormrider81

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: April 04, 2008, 11:03:28 AM
Ill be there!

Offline Radical Pan

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: April 04, 2008, 12:56:19 PM
Quote from: "violence"
ya, it comes with 2 double beds in the room :)
But i think there is a limit of 4 per room, so i dunno.

I see, thank you, I will keep looking for info regarding hotels and if I find anything good, I'll be sure to share the info =P

Quote from: "Saint(c)"

make sure shirtless Pata are on the posters,the girls will love that

Fixed... :lol:

Offline YusamiUne

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: April 04, 2008, 03:24:31 PM
I think most of us found the same hotel. The rooms my friend mentioned to me last night are 300 a night as well.

If it wasn't X I wouldn't be willing to spend the money =O But it is and I am. I'll take on another job to do this!

A Rose is breathing love
in my life"

Offline Amethyst_Dahlia

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart!
Reply #20 on: April 04, 2008, 04:52:01 PM
It's times like these when I'm REALLY glad I decided to go to New York City for college. XD My sophomore year will be starting two weeks before the concert, so it gives me enough time to settle into NYC again and then head over to Madison Square Garden (which is pretty darn close to my dorm!) on the 13th. ^_^

I <3 NY. And I've been needing an excuse to check out MSG for forever. XD

Offline XjapanFOREVER

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: April 05, 2008, 05:01:49 AM
Quote from: "Saint(c)"
any school kids,make sure to post flyer's(around school) or something haha make X be known.

I've been doing this for years, as much as I promote them i should be on their payroll!!!!!!!

I'm there!

Offline Locutus

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: April 05, 2008, 07:08:05 AM
if i had a place to stay in nyc (i really don't want to stay with my aunt in the condition she's in), i'd go. but if there's a show in los angeles, i will most certainly be there.

clarity of thought before rashness of action.

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: April 05, 2008, 08:48:22 AM
I AM SO THERE. I need a place to stay, and I'm missing a week of college classes, but I'm going to be there. Unless they announce LA sooner, in which case I'd go to LA since, hey, I like California a lot better than New York.  :D But I'm going to LA in May to see Myv's solo stuff so. . .  :oops:

Offline Dreamaway

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Reply #24 on: April 05, 2008, 04:54:59 PM
I'm definitely there! I've always wanted to go to New York, so what better reason to go for than to see X Japan! :D

☠  Jenny  ☠

I feel the cold ground underneath my boots, and for no good reason it reminds me of you.

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: April 06, 2008, 04:36:59 PM
If I can scrape up the money, i'll go. I'm planning to go to the Paris concert though as thats closer so I might be a bit short on cash.. we'll see.

Offline Charon

• View Profile
Reply #26 on: April 11, 2008, 04:42:36 AM
Provided I can get a ticket, I'll be there. I might have to dye my hair pink. I'll be coming from Philadelphia, PA.

img]http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/6431/32388277ir4.jpg[/img]

Offline Flippinklein

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/lostpyscho
Reply #27 on: April 18, 2008, 11:12:47 PM
I SHALL BE THAR

He lives on with each smile that his music brings to each childs and adults face

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: April 20, 2008, 12:04:42 PM
I'll so be there if I can get a ticket!

Offline Astralmind

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: April 22, 2008, 02:40:56 PM
I will be there with 4 friends. 5 X freaks coming down from Montreal, Canada to see X live ! The more the merrier !

There will most likely be something organized on some boards.... I'll keep my eyes open !