• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Without You - X Japan Version

Lucs · 14195

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
on: March 31, 2008, 06:44:30 PM
Ok, we finally heard Without You by X Japan !

What do you all think about it ? Did you like it ?

In my opinion, it's a very beautiful song. When I listened to the classical version, I imagined the "chorus" just like that.
I'm really looking forward to hear a studio version !

Edit : maybe I should've posted that in the section "Albums / Single" but as it's not on any album nor single, I posted it here. Feel free to move it if neede.

Offline violence

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 06:57:17 PM
I thought it was really nice, i found that it wasn't as catchy as the other x ballads, i think that makes it seem more honest. i really hope that the studio verson is done well, and that it won't be over-produced, it's siplicity is what i found really touching about this song

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 06:59:54 PM
Like the song ... well, that's all I have to say  :wink:  for the moment.

Offline nage

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 07:35:10 PM
Did you read English lyrics? O_O
;_;

Beautiful!

May X be with you!

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 07:52:27 PM
I really liked it!

This is my administrator color.

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 08:35:56 PM
I just hope they add Pata's guitar and Heath bass, like the rock version recorded in 2003.

hi there

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 08:37:16 PM
Quote from: "darkcat21"
I just hope they add Pata's guitar and Heath bass, like the rock version recorded in 2003.

What ? I've never heard of such a version ! Could you give some details ?

Offline nage

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 08:55:52 PM
Quote from: "Babak"
I really like it, but it's not their best ballad in terms of composition.

Yes, it's more about feelings and emotions than composition. But it makes it special. :) I like it a lot.

May X be with you!

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 10:10:44 PM
It's really a great song. With or without lyrics. They are very beautiful and suit it very well. I guess Yoshiki has managed to write another beautiful and touching ballad.
I sooo want a single now.

Offline Zwanster

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: March 31, 2008, 10:14:36 PM
Yup I can only echo what has already been said, wonderful stuff, hopefully it will get a iTunes release at some point in the near future. Some emotional stuff  :cry:

ben

Reply #10 on: March 31, 2008, 10:59:40 PM
I only got to hear this once due to download issues. It was very special, I can't wait to hear it again. I guess a live version of it can't be posted because of legal reasons now can it.. :(

Offline RoseOfPain

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Reply #11 on: March 31, 2008, 11:38:54 PM
I loved it, it really touched me and I even cried when I first heard them play it

I'VE GOT EXTASY, BUT I FEEL THE TEAR IS FALLING DOWN

Offline XXX

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: April 01, 2008, 02:09:23 AM
Quote from: "Lucs"

What ? I've never heard of such a version ! Could you give some details ?

Watch this from 4.56 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jvyFMhlIys

In my opinion the song will sound even better like this, with the classic
X ballad rock theme  :)

Offline xkurokei

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/xkurokei/
Reply #13 on: April 01, 2008, 05:56:26 AM
It wasn't the best ballad, compared to the others,
but I still loved it.
I cried when I first heard it. T_T

Here comes hide!

Psychedelic Violence X Crime of Visual Shock

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: April 01, 2008, 06:26:50 PM
Not their best ballad...but really emotional...when you know who the lyrics are written for it's so beautiful and painful too :cry:
In the whole a very cool song, a new X Japan song...a song we were waiting to for a long time

..Close your eyes and I'll kill you in the rain...

...Art of Life An Eternal Bleeding Heart...

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: April 01, 2008, 10:02:29 PM
It's beautiful. And, just like someone said, it's the song that brought Yoshiki and Toshi back together. Just by itself, it holds an immense meaning.

Where can I find the english lyrics, by the way?

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline Kihl

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: April 02, 2008, 02:26:37 AM
Quote from: "matsumoto"
It's beautiful. And, just like someone said, it's the song that brought Yoshiki and Toshi back together. Just by itself, it holds an immense meaning.

Where can I find the english lyrics, by the way?

Not the best translation, but here is a youtube video of 'Without You' with a translation:

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=iDXnd-hb6Cg&fmt=18

Love will Find a Way

This the Line you Used to Love

Do you Still believe that?

Offline jigokugal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: April 02, 2008, 02:54:34 AM
The lyrics is very sad. Really sad since it reminds me of those things back then. In terms of melody, I love the instrumental ver more. Cuz it's just.. too short.. for their song.. especially this.. the important one. I hope the final ver will be longer.
But still tho, it is good and very emotional.

Which one is this? Never heard of without you rock ver.==>any other source i can listen to this one besides above youtube link?

Quote from: "matsumoto"

Other words, thanks to hide for this.

jigokugal

Offline alex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: April 02, 2008, 08:11:25 AM
Why is everyone crying. It was performed very tastefully and I was smiling/laughing when I saw the clips of hide jumping being silly around on the monitors in the venue. But then I heard people all around me who started crying and it was just embarassing.

My favourite example was this Korean girl I had a seat next to during the 2nd concert. She looked like she hated the concert, she didn't move her body at all and just stood and looked at them while they performed. I tried to talk with her at one point and she pretty much ignored me. Later, when they played Without You, she started crying. I almost started laughing at her, do people come to this concert to mourn or to enjoy?

But well, maybe I just don't understand.

Offline jigokugal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: April 02, 2008, 10:37:54 AM
Without You is sad. Although X Japan members didn't cry, I know because they didn't want this reunion concert to be sad. If they cried --> most fans would cry too. The reaction Yoshiki did when Toshi gave him mic (Destruction Night), was soo cute, but I feel that he was actually hiding and pressing his feeling. It's like he WAS sad but he DIDN'T WANT to cry. He gave us faint smiles instead.

Perhaps that Korean girl really absorbed the fact of her being there and watched X Japan that was just like... a dream.
Blah.. ppl have different way in expressing themselves.
You wouldn't know if she was actually very excited and the next moment she cried.

jigokugal

Offline xkurokei

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/xkurokei/
Reply #20 on: April 02, 2008, 04:30:12 PM
Quote from: "jigokugal"
The reaction Yoshiki did when Toshi gave him mic (Destruction Night), was soo cute, but I feel that he was actually hiding and pressing his feeling. It's like he WAS sad but he DIDN'T WANT to cry. He gave us faint smiles instead.

I think he'll cry if he starts talking.

The videos were sad (the hide jumpings and stuff) because you know that he won't be there to do those jumpings again. And hearing Toshi's voice... And that piano...
All of this bring tears to my eyes. =(

Here comes hide!

Psychedelic Violence X Crime of Visual Shock

Offline nage

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #21 on: April 02, 2008, 04:48:48 PM
I was smiling through tears.

May X be with you!

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: April 02, 2008, 09:54:33 PM
Quote from: "nage"
I was smiling through tears.

I suppose that's the feeling of this song. Yoshiki said it, himself, somewhere. If I'm correct, he once said it was a sad song, it held a lot of memories and missing... yet it expressed a great will to live, to make your life go on through it all.

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline jigokugal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: April 03, 2008, 04:26:30 AM
Quote from: "xkurokei"

he'll cry if he starts talking.

that's exactly my point. He would be quiet for the next 2 mins and started crying. and he didn't want that to happen.

jigokugal

Offline jigokugal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: April 26, 2008, 08:40:08 AM
I post this here, instead of making a new thread.

Out of curiousity, is there any interviews or written proof stating that Without You is made by Yoshiki for hide?
Because, I find some differences between Without You lyrics from Eternal Melody II and Without You (live) at concerts.
Thus, makes me think that Without You was originally written for Toshi.

jigokugal

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: April 26, 2008, 09:48:08 AM
Quote from: "jigokugal"
I post this here, instead of making a new thread.

Out of curiousity, is there any interviews or written proof stating that Without You is made by Yoshiki for hide?
Because, I find some differences between Without You lyrics from Eternal Melody II and Without You (live) at concerts.
Thus, makes me think that Without You was originally written for Toshi.

grr
Without You from EMII was written as a song of mourning for hide. Yoshiki himself has said this. . . there's NO evidence Without You was written for Toshi.

Offline Kihl

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: April 26, 2008, 01:11:38 PM
This isn't aimed at anyone, but this question has generated flamewars before, so I just would like to say, keep it cool people, no need to get aggressive.

As for whom it was written for...

I believe the song is about Toshi, but it is written in memory of hide.

Love will Find a Way

Offline jigokugal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: April 26, 2008, 02:23:13 PM
@Miscast,
No, there's of course no evidence of it's written for Toshi. Therefore I asked, is there any proof stating that Yoshiki himself said this was for hide?

@Kihl, I'm kinda aware that this topic is very sensitive and very much possibly to generate flames, therefore I didn't post a new thread. I didn't know that this topic had been discussed before. Mind to direct me to the page? PM me the link?

I'm just curious about whether there's somewhere Yoshiki mentioned about this being for hide.
Previously, I have no way of having a thought that this isn't for hide. But after I compared those two lyrics, as well as with the translations, I took my own conclusion, which, it's my own opinion, it was originally written for Toshi.

For the one in the concerts, Yoshiki cut off some parts of the lyrics that indicates / more indicating the-toshi-like-directed ones. Plus the background of the screen in the concert was full hide. So I believe, the one sung by Toshi or the X Japan version of Without You is dedicated for hide.

And yeah, calm down for those who are about to get angry. This isn't meant to disgrace anyone.

jigokugal

Offline Kihl

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: April 26, 2008, 02:40:31 PM
I scoured through the topics trying to find it, but couldn't, but I did remember some forumers were not very friendly in their discussions, thus my preemptiveness. :/

Love will Find a Way

Offline jigokugal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: April 26, 2008, 02:48:11 PM
Nvm, i just found the link here. It's at Yoshiki and Toshi discussion.
http://www.x-freaks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=95&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=25

jigokugal