• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Art of Life (1993.12.30)

XjapanFOREVER · 3902

Offline XjapanFOREVER

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
on: March 12, 2008, 12:45:52 AM
Quick question.. Before the final "chorus" (I believe...) 35 minutes and 36 seconds into Art of Life on the 30th, did one of the guitarists add in a couple notes, or am I just hearing things. I'm pretty sure I can hear at least an extra note from one the guitarists!!!

Also, what do you all think of TOSHI's little:
"I believe in the madness called "Now"
Time goes flowing, breaking my heart
Wanna to live  
Can't let my heart kill myself
Still I haven't found what I'm looking for
Art of life
An Eternal Bleeding heart
You never wanna breathe your last
Wanna live
Still I'm feeling for
A Rose is breathing love
in my *SHIT*

Art of life
An Eternal Bleeding heart
You never wanna breathe your last
Wanna live
Still I'm feeling for
A Rose is breathing love
in my life"

That cracked me up, now I know why they (YOSHIKI) didn't use this for the Art of Life Live DVD...
I'm not making fun of it, I just thought it was funny...

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 11:34:35 AM
I watched it this morning to see what you're talking about.

But I can't hear the "shit", at what time exactly is it ?

About the guitar, in fact they don't really "add notes"... well they do, but hide starts to play too soon, so then he's not in sync with Pata, it sounds weird :D But cool ! lol !

Offline Tordek42

• Absolute Destruction
  • Fan
    • View Profile
    • My Music
Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 05:24:38 PM
I don't think Toshi actually says "shit" but you can tell that he certainly thought, and I love the bit where hide play's his part too soon, and it sounds like Yoshiki also plays too soon, but I don't think he'd do that somehow.

This is my moderator colour

Offline XjapanFOREVER

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 09:13:18 PM
I know he doesn't actually say it, I was just puuting it in there cause it's obvious he was thinking it. the first time they ever performed it live, and he screws up ROYALLY.....

I don't buy that YOSHIKI played too soon... doesn't seem like him, and I can' hear it, I've listened to this version of Art of Life everyday for the past week, besides those two things, and Toshi mumbling in the beginning, "It *mumble* me to look at the world"

And before the aforementioned solo where HIDE "adds notes" when TOSHI's voice dies on him, "What lies are truths, what truths are l....."

this is a very interesting live....!!!!!
GO X!

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 10:18:32 PM
Quote from: "XjapanFOREVER"
I know he doesn't actually say it, I was just puuting it in there cause it's obvious he was thinking it. the first time they ever performed it live, and he screws up ROYALLY.....

Ok sorry I misunderstood ;)
But in my opinion, he doesn't screw it AT ALL !!! I mean, some regular singer would just give up singing a song like that live. Toshi gives everything he has !
In fact, that's a thing that I really like in X Japan. They give everything they have live. You see that all they want is playing the best show for their fan.

I don't buy that YOSHIKI played too soon... doesn't seem like him, and I can' hear it, I've listened to this version of Art of Life everyday for the past week, besides those two things, and Toshi mumbling in the beginning, "It *mumble* me to look at the world"

Can't hear Yoshiki playing too soon too. But for sure hide starts too soon.

And before the aforementioned solo where HIDE "adds notes" when TOSHI's voice dies on him, "What lies are truths, what truths are l....."

Noticed that too. It just "hurts" when you see that Toshi really SING but nothing comes from his mouth... but he doesn't stop.

this is a very interesting live....!!!!!
GO X!

For sure it is !! What a band... seriously, I'm so happy to have discover this band.

Offline XjapanFOREVER

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 10:23:18 PM
yup. now we know why only the audio for the 31st concert was released prior to this...

I think it would be cool if they did Art of Life at the new concerts, maybe not the whole thing, but at least the opening piano, and the last 4 and a half minutes, so pretty much the radio edit of the song..