• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

The Last Song

mC · 8026

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
on: March 11, 2008, 08:18:51 PM
This is one of my favorite ballads by X Japan, maybe because the whole idea is so beautifully simple. I would like to know if there is anyway to get the studio version of the song, as I only have the live copy from my Last Live CD. Also, does anyone know why the video of them preforming it is never available on any of the DVDs that have The Last Live? Am I right in believing that the only way to get a 'legit' copy of it is by finding a copy of the single?

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 10:05:20 PM
The studio version is also on the Ballad Collection CD, but that might not be much help, since that one's out of print too...

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 05:40:58 AM
Quote from: "Hollywood"
The studio version is also on the Ballad Collection CD, but that might not be much help, since that one's out of print too...

:( Yeah, I think my only hope is that it is on their new 'Best of' CD coming out soon...surely it must be on there!

Offline RoseOfPain

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 10:08:13 AM
Quote from: "Honey"
This song has more meaning probably to me then any other song.

Another thing I really like about the last live version..

is hide's solo.The last note of his solo he holds for like 10 seconds or more and it just feels like he doesn't want to let it go because it's the last solo he would ever play with Yoshiki and X on stage...it's hard to explain that feeling when I hear it, but that is a solo that can make people cry.
I know exactly what you mean :(

I'VE GOT EXTASY, BUT I FEEL THE TEAR IS FALLING DOWN

Offline XjapanFOREVER

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 10:33:05 PM
I think the solo in Tears is the most "powerful" solo that was ever done by X (JAPAN) ballad-wise..

But if you would like (and it's no against rules) I could link you to The Last Song single (doesn't include video).

Would a mod give me a thumbs up or down, please...

BTW, HIDE holds the note for precisely 13 seconds!!! (4:03 - 4:16)

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 07:31:24 AM
Quote from: "XjapanFOREVER"
I think the solo in Tears is the most "powerful" solo that was ever done by X (JAPAN) ballad-wise..

But if you would like (and it's no against rules) I could link you to The Last Song single (doesn't include video).

Would a mod give me a thumbs up or down, please...

Ha, thanks for the offer but it's OK. I have heard the studio version before but since buying the Complete II set and preordering the re..re mastered versions of Blue Blood and Jealousy, I am kind of trying to get a legit collection  8)

Offline XjapanFOREVER

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 07:58:22 PM
I have the original remastered editions of the albums and you really can hear a difference, it sounds SOOOO much crisper.... it's nice!

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 08:51:24 PM

Fernandes Sustainer, baby!  :twisted:  Those things are a lot of fun.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: March 13, 2008, 08:52:16 PM
I have the original remastered editions of the albums and you really can hear a difference, it sounds SOOOO much crisper.... it's nice!

Will they be re re mastering Blue Blood and Jealousy or is it just another pressing to celebrate the reunion concerts? Either way, I can't wait for them to arrive!

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: March 14, 2008, 06:45:40 PM
Quote from: "Babak"
NO kidding man. I wish other manufacturers would have a built in sustainer system as well. It's not even comparable to what a pedal would do!  :shock:

Yeah, way better than a pedal for sure!  I think Fernandes also installs Sustainers into other manufacturers' guitars though, don't they?  I mean, if you bring a guitar to an official Fernandes shop or something and ask them to put one in.  I'm pretty sure they used to do that anyway.

@mC, from what I've heard it's apparently a re-release of the same remastered ones that came out before, except without the second CD of instrumental versions.  I missed out on those 2-CD remastered versions, so I'll probably be getting these new ones...

Offline friday

• Moderators
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: May 30, 2008, 03:02:20 PM
Forgive my ignorance, but in alot of places it is said that both Toshi and Yoshiki didn't want to write and record The Last Song. (I was reading the JRR Artical about the reunion concerts and it reminded me of other soures that said that. Was it here? If it is here and i haven't found it i apoligise for not looking close enough. I need sleep. :P) So my question is: Why the fuck did they?! Was it pressure from the record label? A fitting 'end' to X Japan? It confuses me... I mean... If they didn't want to record it they should of just...Refused to record it?

MODERATOR'd!

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #11 on: May 30, 2008, 03:16:17 PM
Quote from: "friday"
So my question is: Why the fuck did they?! Was it pressure from the record label? A fitting 'end' to X Japan? It confuses me... I mean... If they didn't want to record it they should of just...Refused to record it?
As I have understood from different sources, they indeed had pressure from the record company/management/whoever. The Last Live. If you'd know your absolute favorite band would do a last live, wouldn't you pay a LOT to get there, buy more of their stuff etc etc?

This is my administrator color.

Offline Maya

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: May 30, 2008, 04:31:11 PM
I have no clue ... but some years ago I must have thought it was because of the record label, too - probably because i read it somewhere before ... (since i wrote so in my X-disbanding-FF. XD lol).

Sounds senseful for me, too, but who knows. °_°

Wild passion~

"C'mon Yoshiki, you can do this ... if you do it fast, maybe noone notices it's happening ..."
"Eeeek, he kissed me xD"

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: June 10, 2008, 12:52:41 PM
Quote from: "Hollywood"
Quote from: "Babak"
NO kidding man. I wish other manufacturers would have a built in sustainer system as well. It's not even comparable to what a pedal would do!  :shock:

Yeah, way better than a pedal for sure!  I think Fernandes also installs Sustainers into other manufacturers' guitars though, don't they?  I mean, if you bring a guitar to an official Fernandes shop or something and ask them to put one in.  I'm pretty sure they used to do that anyway.

@mC, from what I've heard it's apparently a re-release of the same remastered ones that came out before, except without the second CD of instrumental versions.  I missed out on those 2-CD remastered versions, so I'll probably be getting these new ones...

When I play that part of the solo, I use an E-bow.

Ultimate sustain, baby  :D

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: August 07, 2008, 12:20:49 PM
A lot of people don't like this song but it is one of my favorites. I was just looking at translations for X Japan's songs and for some reason, I don't want to ever know what the chorus of this song means. Even though I haven't really built up any meaning of it in words, I like not knowing what it means.

Offline edyork

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: March 03, 2010, 09:42:59 AM
Hi, can someone help me out here? There are so many version of The Last Song video from The Last Live i'm confused which is from where. Ok so far there are 3:

1) 4:59
2) 9:02
3) ~14 minutes (with part 2)

i've got 1) from The Last Song Single, is it the correct one or did i get cheated? =/
and any idea where can i purchase the 2) one?
and 3) is from a tv broadcast right?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 08:07:12 AM by edyork »

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: March 03, 2010, 02:21:02 PM
X Japan never released the last song from last live officially. all last live clip is from last live bootleg.

Ex denxdenx

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: March 03, 2010, 02:25:18 PM
X Japan never released the last song from last live officially. all last live clip is from last live bootleg.

As far as I know there was a clip of the last song from the last live in the song's cd single......but I haven't watched it for a very long time. I think it's more like a PV so only the image is from the live....
Something like that..

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: March 03, 2010, 03:39:50 PM
TLS single has only a shortened version.
The complete version comes from bootlegs. As far as I know there are 3 bootleg versions with complete TLS.
A bootleg of unknown origin, probably TV broadcast. SSTV (Space Shower TV) version, the one with the S logo on the screen and TBS Channel broadcast version from 1998, which according to shorter runtime does not include the full concert (dunno which songs are missing) but sadly it's probably the best quality version of all.

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: April 26, 2010, 05:06:11 PM
Where can you find the TBS Channel version?

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: April 27, 2010, 05:26:20 PM
I fear you can only get this one through trading. :)

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: April 27, 2010, 08:35:14 PM
Darn. I was hoping it'd be slightly easier haha.