Rumours section?

Sander · 3702

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
on: January 24, 2008, 08:26:19 PM
Should we have one? So rumors would be separate from the confirmed news?

This is my administrator color.

Offline Nande_Ebisu

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 09:01:47 PM
I don't think so. There might be a bit too wild rumours which has gets our hopes up and then comes the disappointment. Now the news section is close to the truth all the time so the disappointments can be avoided more easily.

And at the moment there is so much happening at the same time so there really is no need for rumors. Maybe we should check the need of rumour section again in few months when the situation settles down a bit.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 09:04:55 PM
I mean the rumor section would be for some stuff that is in News section right now (European tour, US tour, dates for album/single releases etc). They are not confirmed by anyone, but the newspapers are talking about them. If they are in the News section, people would take them more seriously than in the Rumors section.

I don't mean rumors like 'Yoshiki and Toshi were lovers'...

This is my administrator color.

Offline Hurley

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 04:58:00 PM
Quote from: "Hypno"
I mean the rumor section would be for some stuff that is in News section right now (European tour, US tour, dates for album/single releases etc). They are not confirmed by anyone, but the newspapers are talking about them. If they are in the News section, people would take them more seriously than in the Rumors section.

I don't mean rumors like 'Yoshiki and Toshi were lovers'...

I think it would be enough if you would be required to clearly state wether it's a rumour or confirmed, though you can do that just by checking the source.

Mod color o' mine

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 10:26:10 PM
Well... until 18 october all news about reunion came from newspapers, and they were not rumours... I mean, newspapers are USUALLY correct.

I would create some "post it" topics like
[RUMOURS]
[NEWSPAPERS NEWS]

and the rest of the topics in news could be interviews, official, etc.

hi there

PanthereNoire

Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 12:20:36 AM
Everything is a rumour until and unless it's officially confirmed and while in this particular case the newspapers and gossip sheets were - luckily - right there have been plenty of cases in X past where they were wrong, too.

I don't know if a rumours forum is necessary - personally, I would prefer it - but very definitely everything posted that hasn't been officially released by X JAPAN Project should be marked as that. Additionally, everything should be clearly sourced, not "I heard somewhere..." if it's in the news section. If translations are provided, those should be clearly sourced as well.

Maybe what we should have are posting guidelines, at least for the new forum.

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008, 10:10:04 PM
some basic posting guidelines are a good idea, if you ask me. Especially concerning the rumors. There were and still are too many rumors around.