X Freaks Forum

News:

• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

What would you expect from a new album/ep/single?

madrigal · 7823

Offline madrigal

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
on: January 11, 2008, 03:52:51 PM
What would you expect it to contain? :)

My guess is that it'll contain I.V., Whithout You, The unnamed rumoured song, and maybe Tears Unreleased ver.?

Any re-recordings?
Artwork, name?
what do you think? :)

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 04:38:56 PM
All new songs, plus some hide songs re-recordings (both from X and solo), 3 new singles and new DVDs.

hi there

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 09:19:04 PM
I'd want a I.V. single containing both Saw4 and long-version that YOSHIKI has been mentionening.

If they really were going to be doing another album I want it to include I.V., Without You Vocal-version and whatever suprise they got in store for us.
Hopefully with a DVD with PVS :D and maybe a short X / X Japan history.

Offline Uncontrol

• Filesharers
  • Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 09:27:55 AM
I wouldn't mind an X classic or two re-done in English. :D

Offline LPS

• Rookie
  • X Freak from Brazil
    • View Profile
    • X Dreamers
Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 09:39:09 PM
new dvds, please!

Offline XjapanFOREVER

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 11:55:23 PM
I agree, english versions of Week End, Endless Rain, X, Silent Jealousy, Say Anything, Forever Love, and Dahlia!

Offline Maverick

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 09:21:19 PM
Somehow I don't really care whether it is in English or Japanese, or both... it doesn't matter to me, and I also cannot imagine how an English version of those named songs would be like... actually, I like the 'Blue Blood'-album version of Week End much more than the later X Japan version, and so I'm a little afraid the songs would loose their magic when there would be a new English version.

Everywhere there flows...... BLUE BLOOD!!

Offline Maverick

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 26, 2008, 09:08:59 AM
Oh, same here hehe - at least for those who were not able to go to the concert.

As for hide: There is seperately material of him that will be released soon - so why doing that for X's releases then... no, sorry... that band isn't only hide's band and should never be.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 06:29:59 PM by Maverick »

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 26, 2008, 01:38:52 PM
I really hope to get those DVD's this year...I could live with it if it were next year.
Since X Japan and YOSHIKI have seen the proof of how popular they still are, I really hope they release em soon after the actual live.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 06:30:09 PM by Maverick »

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: January 26, 2008, 10:08:44 PM
yep.. let's just hope he doesn't want to finish the other boxes first

Offline madrigal

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: November 27, 2008, 06:15:49 PM
Today it suddenly struck me what would be really nice if it were to be released! A new edit version of SCARS that includes the spoken intro by hide! I bet they have some old studio recording of him doing it that they can use! It would really be nice and they could have it as a tribute to hide at the same time, since it would be the first time hide would sing a studio version of an X song that really with X and not his own version of the song :) Waddaya think?

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: November 27, 2008, 06:32:47 PM
Don't want some new stuff with hide involved right now (maybe in a few years), they should put out some new stuff (if possible with the involvement of the new member).

Offline madrigal

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: November 27, 2008, 06:48:45 PM
Though it would still be only one of the songs, if there are new songs I'm sure they wouldn't just put hide rendomly in them, SCARS has the tradition of being sung by hide in concert, and it would really be great to have this semi-new version of SCARS on e.g. the JAPANESE BEST ALBUM whenever that's coming out.

Offline Overdose

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Reply #13 on: November 27, 2008, 07:07:09 PM
Oh, same here hehe - at least for those who were not able to go to the concert.

As for hide: There is seperately material of him that will be released soon - so why doing that for X's releases then... no, sorry... that band isn't only hide's band and should never be.

I'm the opposite about Week End I much prefer the New Arrange Version mainly due to hide's new solo and the piano part, though from translations ive seen i'm not sure how well it would work in english.  It's like with Kurenai the english version to me sounds a little odd, it sort of hints that it was originally written to be sung in japanese from the start.

It would be nice to hear some new stuff on there rather than just remakes, perhaps some using some other old hide tracks in there to create something cool.

Offline madrigal

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: November 27, 2008, 07:25:03 PM
Using old hide tracks would be cool, at least if it's a real guitar track instead of those noises in I.V., it was kind of false promotion saying that it contained unreleased guitar tracks from hide, sure it was from hide, but it was so little!

ben

Reply #15 on: November 27, 2008, 11:08:35 PM
I would be happy just for an EP with the long version of "I.V", studio version of "Without You" with vocals and maybe another new song or two would be great. Or a official release compiling live performances from the 3 tokyo dome shows, with "I.V" and "Without You" studio versions at the end.

A full length studio album would be nice to hear, but I wouldn't want them re-using old Hide guitar tracks. Just keep it the 4 band members, and maybe a guest here or there, and release the album in memory to Hide.

Offline Maverick

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: November 28, 2008, 11:10:49 AM
A full length studio album would be nice to hear, but I wouldn't want them re-using old Hide guitar tracks. Just keep it the 4 band members, and maybe a guest here or there, and release the album in memory to Hide.

Nooo not another 'in memory of hide' don't you get tired of that? Seriously, to release eveything 'in memory of hide' makes it slightly ridiculous IMO

Offline myuu

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myuu.de
Reply #17 on: November 28, 2008, 01:47:23 PM
yeah, enough of hide tributes.. X JAPAN shall go on

Offline UVER

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: November 28, 2008, 02:47:01 PM
and with Sugizo as the 6th member. =)

Offline Ragna

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: November 28, 2008, 04:02:18 PM
All I expect are new songs.

If it's all dreams... Now wake me up

ben

Reply #20 on: November 28, 2008, 10:05:48 PM

Nooo not another 'in memory of hide' don't you get tired of that? Seriously, to release eveything 'in memory of hide' makes it slightly ridiculous IMO

Sorry, I meant that a more appopriate tribute to him would be dedicating the album to him rather than reusing guitar tracks. I only suggested it because I know they don't want to forget Hide's place in the band.

Offline myuu

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myuu.de
Reply #21 on: November 28, 2008, 10:44:46 PM

Sorry, I meant that a more appopriate tribute to him would be dedicating the album to him rather than reusing guitar tracks. I only suggested it because I know they don't want to forget Hide's place in the band.

isn't it enough if they mention him in the booklet or something like that?

ben

Reply #22 on: November 29, 2008, 04:06:58 AM

isn't it enough if they mention him in the booklet or something like that?

That's what I was suggesting all along when i said release it in memory of Hide.

Just a few words in the booklet in tribute to Hide.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 04:09:32 AM by ben »

Offline Artseeker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: November 29, 2008, 08:21:56 AM
I'm expecting new recordings of old songs like Week-End, Silent Jealousy, Endless Rain and such with Toshi clean and improved voice plus I.V., Without You and a couple of new songs with Sugizo as the 6th member ;)

Offline DopeHead

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: November 29, 2008, 02:37:37 PM
I hope for new tracks. But not so many ballads like on Dahlia.

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: November 30, 2008, 04:02:23 PM
I hope for new tracks. But not so many ballads like on Dahlia.
Amen to that. >__>

Offline Maverick

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: November 30, 2008, 04:46:40 PM
Well mentioning hide in the booklet (what I expect to happen anyway ;) ) and an 'in memory of hide'-release is a difference to me. Seriously there are so many things that come out for hide only and hide will keep his place in the band (I cannot imagine anyone will forget him that easily, so...) but I also think the band itself should go on, so I hope fore many new songs, and also rock songs as you said  ;D

Offline Ba-DiL

• Fan
  • We are X !
    • View Profile
    • My Friendster account
Reply #27 on: December 05, 2008, 07:13:02 AM
I'm just expecting that Yoshiki realized his 'promised' ... a Japanese version of I.V. and an English version of Without You ... and for the 'new song', it must be a VERY HARD ROCK song ... :)

(I don't know why... but, I have kinda feelings that Yoshiki would name that 'new song' as "FINALE" :P)

and also ... please release an un-cut version of "The Last Live", The 1995.12.30-31 Tokyo Dome Live, and -for respecting Taiji- The First Dome Show 1991.08.23 :)

none of your business ...

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: December 05, 2008, 09:06:19 AM
What do I expect from a new X Japan release?

Drama, Delay and Destruction.

Rock and Roll, bitches :p

Offline Maverick

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: December 09, 2008, 10:51:49 PM
Ooooh cooooome all ye faiiiiithful... eoe Hey! What about an Xmas album? ;D (that'd really rock!)