• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

German article says...

ferret · 5973

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
on: August 22, 2007, 10:37:24 AM
..this

Auch zu erwähnen sei, dass er und hide mit einer Synchronität über den bloßen Rhythmus hinaus zusammenspielen. Das heißt, sollte sich einer der Gitarristen verspielen, so trifft auch der andere den entsprechenden (falschen) Ton.

Which means something like: Pata and hide have been playing in a synchronicity beyond just the rythm which means that if one played the wrong note, the other one would play the same (wrong) note.

Now my question is: Where the hell did they take that from? Is this written in the Japanese article, as well?

RIP

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 10:47:40 AM
I have read that from several places, maybe even the english one (tho I'm sure that one has been changed a lot)..

This is my administrator color.

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 10:52:56 AM
I don't remember it in the English one, but surely somewehre else that the German article. Maybe it should be deleted, since it isn't true anyway  :P

RIP

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 11:11:32 AM
I remember reading it in English several times as well, but not in Japanese...

Pony rocks!

Offline Hurley

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 12:09:46 PM
I think that's just a myth, urban legend or something. And of course, if they play those harmonized solos and one plays a wrong note, of course it'll sound wrong because the harmony will be wrong too. :P

Mod color o' mine

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 12:20:12 PM
Quote from: "Hurley"
I think that's just a myth, urban legend or something. And of course, if they play those harmonized solos and one plays a wrong note, of course it'll sound wrong because the harmony will be wrong too. :P

Yeah, I guess those people who made it up did make it up in first place after seeing some lives where Pata or hide messed up the first part of the solo and then the other one would naturally mess up his own part, too. And of course, it makes X look even more godlike, mystical, whatever.

RIP

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 11:27:16 AM
Quote from: "Hurley"

Agreed. it definetely must be a myth. Pata and hide did extremely well together, but if one makes the mistake it's almost next to impossible, that the other one would make the same mistake too.

Such a synchronicity is simply impossible, imho.

Offline madrigal

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 03:36:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xs3I9aGY9g

it definetly seems like it's not true :)

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 11:14:02 PM
I think its just a misunderstanding.. if they are both playing a certain part of a song/solo and one messes up, it probably just sounds like they both do, even though one is still playing properly. You focus more on the mistake when you hear it

Offline Largo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: August 24, 2007, 08:46:31 AM
I read this bu****it in a german anime mag (Animania) in an article about X posted after hides death. Maybe they took it from that article.
It is impossible to react the same time to a missed note you hear it, when you consider the speed of some of their songs.
But I like the idea of them beeing so good ^^