• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

(least) favourite solos

ferret · 3816

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
on: August 21, 2007, 12:13:30 PM
I thought for some reason that we already have such a thread...must have imagined it  :?

So, what are your favourite guiutar/bass/drum/piano solos and which don't you like at all?

I'll start with guitar first:
some faves:
- Sadistic Desire (I don't know, apart form SD being my fave X song, this solo just "feels right", fits perfectly IMO)
- Orgasm (talking about fitting...that solo IS orgasmic, the second part played by the "twin guitars" is a great idea, too)
- Week End (this one could have been my fave solo but IMO placed too early in the song)
- Silent Jealousy (THE twin guitar solo)

least fave:
- I'll Kill You (perhaps the only solo I don't really like, sounds totally out of place, like it's cut from another song or something)

RIP

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 12:48:04 PM
Favourites:

Tears
Orgasm
The Last Song
X
Joker

Least Favourites:
Celebration
Say Anything
Desperate Angel
Miscast

For the record, I dont really dislike any of the solo's, they are just the ones I dont enjoy as much as the rest :P

Offline VioletCamicat

• Die-hard fan
  • Beware of the toxic kitten!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/violet_camicat
Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 05:39:47 PM
Is there meant live or studio version now? :oops:

My favorite is the bass in Xclamation!
And live would then be this one. :3~
*pokes Biz* xD Hey, I just now realized, that it must be you, who added this on youtube. *giggles*

And least.. hmm :oops: .. dunno really. There is some piano solo I don't like, but I've forgotten, which song it was live. It's when Yoshiki makes his "special art" by hitting the keys seemingly randomly.
Well, studio version of that then would be Es dur no piano Sen (hope I've written it the right way now *hides*), when I'm not wrong now.

mod mode

And out of the chaos I heard a voice telling me:
"Smile and be happy - it could have become worse!"
So I smiled and was happy... and it became worse

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 11:01:29 PM
VioletCamicat: I assume you dont like Yoshiki's "bashing" on the piano during songs?? Everyone seems to love it, I thought I was the only one who hated it!

And yes, it was me who uploaded that video.. thats my youtube account :D

Offline VioletCamicat

• Die-hard fan
  • Beware of the toxic kitten!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/violet_camicat
Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 04:37:31 PM
Quote from: "BizKiTRoAcH"
VioletCamicat: I assume you dont like Yoshiki's "bashing" on the piano during songs?? Everyone seems to love it, I thought I was the only one who hated it!

Well, my post in the "I don't like"-thread was just too long already. :oops: :P So I left out some things. :roll: I don't really hate it tho... it's just.... @.@ I simply don't understand that, that's all. I bet, he has a reason for that or it has a special meaning. :? But I don't really know, hehe. I guess it's the same like I don't understand some other kinds of arts. Some call picasso a genius - I don't get his pictures. @_@

mod mode

And out of the chaos I heard a voice telling me:
"Smile and be happy - it could have become worse!"
So I smiled and was happy... and it became worse

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 11:18:24 PM
Quote from: "VioletCamicat"

Well, my post in the "I don't like"-thread was just too long already. :oops: :P So I left out some things. :roll: I don't really hate it tho... it's just.... @.@ I simply don't understand that, that's all. I bet, he has a reason for that or it has a special meaning. :? But I don't really know, hehe. I guess it's the same like I don't understand some other kinds of arts. Some call picasso a genius - I don't get his pictures. @_@

Ah yes, i remember your post now. I'm glad i'm not the only one.

I've said in the past, I'm sure he does have a reason/meaning for it... but all I can see and hear is him bashing on the piano, and it sounds fookin AWFUL.. and I HATE it when he just does it during a great song/piano solo.

Anyway i'm sure people will start moaning that i'm talking about this in the wrong thread so i'll shut up :D

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 24, 2007, 06:30:16 AM

Anyway i'm sure people will start moaning that i'm talking about this in the wrong thread so i'll shut up :D

Actually this is the perfect thread, I've been wondering why you hadn't mentioned the piano solo in your first post  :P

I agree on the Taiji solo, it just seems that Taiji can do no wrong on his bass. Also love the solo bit in Rose Of Pain.

(btw, you can discuss the solos on the records and live, but mostly there isn't that much difference (or none at all) IMO)

RIP

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #7 on: August 24, 2007, 07:06:03 AM
I agree on the Taiji solo, it just seems that Taiji can do no wrong on his bass.

I will sign under that one...

For me, hide no heya is usually a bit annoying (as in Aoi Yoru and Dahlia Final), though for example Shiroi Yoru was quite fine.

Pony rocks!

Offline motorhead

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 26, 2007, 06:14:07 AM
Quote from: "Anna"

I will sign under that one...

For me, hide no heya is usually a bit annoying (as in Aoi Yoru and Dahlia Final), though for example Shiroi Yoru was quite fine.

i loved taiji's solos!! heath's were too underground and lame.

as for hide's room, were the flap jack naked women really necessary?

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #9 on: August 26, 2007, 09:19:10 AM
Quote from: "motorhead"
i loved taiji's solos!! heath's were too underground and lame.

as for hide's room, were the flap jack naked women really necessary?
Don't forget to add 'in my opinion', or some people may find you offensive. I, for example, really enjoyed Heath solos, in their own way as much as Taiji's. And if hide wanted naked women in his solo then it's his goddamn solo and he can put naked men there if he wants :P

This is my administrator color.

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: August 26, 2007, 10:54:24 AM
motorhead: whats wrong with naked women? :D

I prefer Taiji's solo's over Heath's but I do quite enjoy Heath's.

Offline motorhead

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: August 28, 2007, 04:01:08 AM
motorhead: whats wrong with naked women? :D

honestly? i like melons, not flap jacks. i think there was one girl that had the best body, but most of them were not fit. they had no hips, no firm asses, small-saggy titties,  and their waists where wider than their bust and hip lines. but they did have cute faces.

i'm very disappointed. hide could of found more hotter women with the money he's got.

[/shallow][/shallow][/shallow]

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #12 on: August 28, 2007, 07:06:58 AM
i'm very disappointed. hide could of found more hotter women with the money he's got.

Right, I second this.  :P

Pony rocks!

Offline motorhead

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: August 28, 2007, 02:24:52 PM
Quote from: "Unfinished"
maybe he wasn't down to waste too much money.mayyyybe he was trying to appreciate the beauty :lol:

well there is a saying in japan: "ugly girls are assumed to be easy."

not saying i'm better looking, but honestly i think hide found his "dancers" in a strip club at the last minute and said "ok, you'll do."

Offline motorhead

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: August 29, 2007, 04:30:58 AM
Quote from: "Unfinished"
there is many sayings in Japan but that doesn't mean people follow them :P

I mean maybe he found them good looking but others might not who knows,or maybe he didn't...

oh, of course.

maybe hide found them attractive. there's nothing wrong with that. i remember hide kissed and ogled them. so he must of liked them.

my opinions and views don't speak for everyone.

Quote from: "Hypno"

Don't forget to add 'in my opinion', or some people may find you offensive. I, for example, really enjoyed Heath solos, in their own way as much as Taiji's. And if hide wanted naked women in his solo then it's his goddamn solo and he can put naked men there if he wants :P

no i didn't forget anything. my opinions aren't facts. anyone who's not touchy knows that. and i love naked women.