• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

movies that suck BIG TIME

ferret · 4949

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
on: August 20, 2007, 05:19:11 PM
omg, it was the worst thing I've ever seen, I was trying to cover my face in shame, but it didn't help, nothing helped. So I had to sit through it. How could I be SO wrong about a movie? What have I done? WHAT HAVE I DONE!

...I'm ashamed of it, but I must tell the story, so that other people learn from my mistake. The truth is, I went to see Catwoman on big screen  :cry:  
My "bad movies" sense must have been disfunctional the day I decided to see that piece of crap. I'm still having nightmares of the bad acting, writing and directing of this thing *shivers*

...So, what about everybody else?  :P  C'mon guys, you know you wanna do it. Let the bashing begin!

RIP

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 05:25:17 PM
The fact is I don't really bother going to cinema much... I only go to see the movies I know I would like, because it's much too expensive to risk it.

However, I went to see Spiderman III out of sheer curiousity, because you people were speaking about it here, and I think it was one of the stupidest movies ever.

As for others... well, I would have to think about it for some time, but I usually cannot stand anything containing Ben Stiller or Adam Sandler.

Pony rocks!

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 05:28:26 PM
Agreed on Spidey 3, the movie was screaming "cliche"  :(  As did X-Men: The Last Stand, for which I hate Bryan Singer and Brett Ratner equally  :evil:

RIP

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 05:30:13 PM
Awful story/acting/everything aside, Halle Berry looks good in a catsuit  8)

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 05:34:11 PM
Quote from: "BizKiTRoAcH"
Awful story/acting/everything aside, Halle Berry looks good in a catsuit  8)

That was saving it for me...at least until she started saying "meoww", that's when she lost me completely  :(

Luckily you don't have to see the movie to see her in a catsuit  :D

RIP

Offline alex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 06:45:40 PM
Quote from: "Anna"
but I usually cannot stand anything containing Ben Stiller

Someone knows what she's talking about... Ben Stiller is the most boring/annoying person I've ever seen in a movie.

Offline VioletCamicat

• Die-hard fan
  • Beware of the toxic kitten!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/violet_camicat
Reply #6 on: August 20, 2007, 06:58:03 PM
Don't watch Hostel 2! I was that disappointed! :evil:
I saw the first part and thought it's pretty okay, because I think, things like that could really happen. And I enjoy movies without superstars.
But the second part. Man! Everybody was behaving completely stupid there! It was boring and tasteless. =_=

mod mode

And out of the chaos I heard a voice telling me:
"Smile and be happy - it could have become worse!"
So I smiled and was happy... and it became worse

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 06:55:39 AM
Ben Stiller tends to appear in shitty movies later, sadly (I didn't catch his cameo in transformers, dayum!).I liked him in these

# 1987: Empire of the sun
# 1996: Friends: Tommy (guest appearence)
# 1996: Cable Guy
# 1998: There's Something About Mary
# 2000: Keeping the Faith
# 2000: Meet the Parents
# 2001: Zoolander
# 2001: The Royal Tenenbaums
# 2003: The King of Queens (guest appearence)
# 2004: Starsky & Hutch

I didn't bother to watch anything after S&H, though. (um, except for Meet the Fockers, Madagascar  and Transformers :P )

I haven't seen either Hostel movie, but I've heard they're somewhat disgusting.
But I thought Saw was one of the lamest "horror" films ever. As was Jeepers Creepers 2, my brother and me were laughing all the time :lol:

RIP

Offline Lights

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007, 07:47:40 AM
And I'd think I suck for bad music *only*.... Apparently not (greatly enjoyed Catwoman.) (not so much on big screen, though.)

Forever love, forever dream.

Aim for the future, or the past will eat you up alive and think you are very yummy.

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: August 21, 2007, 08:14:28 AM
Quote from: "Lights"
(greatly enjoyed Catwoman.)

Honestly, I've never heard anyone say that before  :lol:  I guess it was even worse because I was watching it with other people, maybe it wouldn't have been THAT horrendeous if it was just me in my room.

RIP

Offline madrigal

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: August 21, 2007, 09:32:19 AM
The worst movie I've ever seen is really Wedding Crashers  :)
It wasn't even funny, it TRULY dissapointed me even though I didn't have any expectations :)

Offline Lights

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: August 21, 2007, 09:51:30 AM
Ferret, my pleasure. I'm known for doing things nobody dared, liking strange.... movies [If only movies] is my hobby. So go on, anything *else* that surprises you so much? *laughs*

Forever love, forever dream.

Aim for the future, or the past will eat you up alive and think you are very yummy.

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: August 21, 2007, 12:51:23 PM
I thought the Wedding Crashers was great  :P

My least favourite film SERIES of all time is "Ju-On/The Grudge" series. The Japanese ones were fookin AWFUL. NOT SCARY. BORING STORYLINE. BAD PLOT HOLES. BAD ACTING etc etc. The american ones were just as awful.. and yes, I watched the original made-for-tv Japanese versions and the remade big budget ones... I hoped that it would improve, but it didnt. Everytime someone buys or rents one of the grudge films when i'm in work, i just give them a pitiful look and I feel bad taking money off them for such a god awful film.

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: August 21, 2007, 12:58:05 PM
Quote from: "Lights"
So go on, anything *else* that surprises you so much? *laughs*

After you saying you enjoyed Catwoman, there's not really much left that could surprise me  :P

I was frorced to watch Wedding Crashers by my friends, it was ok, nowhere near as bad as Party Animals or Not Another Teenage Movie or whatever that crap is called.

Speaking of Japanese horrormovies...I thought Ring was boring, the original and the remake...where the heck was the horror?

RIP

Offline alex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: August 21, 2007, 06:56:06 PM
The Ring scared me up pretty good too. I was only 13-14 though (if that counts as a reason), and even younger when I watched the Japanese version. I think it was the atmosphere that was killing me, somehow.

:P

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: August 23, 2007, 12:32:59 PM
The Rise Of The Silver Surfer is getting pretty bad reviews, haha. Well deserved, I guess, the first Fantastic Four movie was crap.

RIP

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: August 23, 2007, 11:09:52 PM
^ it was okay. just okay. I wouldnt watch it again.. but it wasnt THAT bad

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: August 24, 2007, 06:40:53 AM
I gave up in the middle of the movie because it was so boring (plus, I can't really relate to that story and the actors were somewhat bad/mediocre, even Julian McMahon couldn't save it, but I guess that's because his role was written so dull). I mean there are other people who liked it and think The Hulk was crap (which I thought was pretty good).

Ooooh, and lets not forget the Matrix sequels of doom  :P

RIP

Offline friday

• Moderators
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: October 27, 2007, 11:31:59 AM
Eragon. Watching grass grow is more exciting, original and action packed then that utter piece of shit.

MODERATOR'd!

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: October 27, 2007, 12:46:22 PM
^Ha, I've heard so many tales of the crap that is this movie, I'm still curious, though...it's hard to believe there's a movie that's worse than Catwoman.

RIP

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #20 on: November 04, 2007, 12:56:54 PM
Aye Eragon is really bad. If you haven't read the book you might not even get the point (I have, the book is about infinity times better than the movie)...

This is my administrator color.