• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Aoi Yoru (Blue Night) Rant

BizKiTRoAcH · 5119

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
on: August 06, 2007, 12:19:13 PM
I'm sure some people were expecting this anyway so here goes :D

I watched Blue Night last night and I'm here to bitch about the one and only Yoshiki (again). I was thorougly enjoying the concert and then came the piano solo.. and the only word I can think of to describe how it started is "beautiful".

but its funny how something so beautiful can be ruined by something so small.

It started off so wonderfully, it had me glued to the screen.. then Yoshiki started playing very quickly on the lower end of the piano and it wasnt as bad as his "bashing" but it just didnt fit in after the first part of the piano solo I thought. That only lasted about 30 seconds and while it wasnt great, it didnt ruin the song. Then he started playing Amethyst with a woman playing along with him on Violin. Again, this was beautiful. It sounded so wonderful. She started away from him and slowly moved towards him and at the end of the song, she was sitting down next to him.. then Yoshiki had to ruin it by bashing on the piano. Is it really that hard for him to end his piano playing without bashing?

Up until that point, I thought the piano solo was one of the best i've heard from him.. but his stupid bashing completely ruined it at the end. Why cant he end it like he ends Endless Rain when he plays that live?

Rant #2:

The drum solo. Again, it started off quite beautifully. A big round silver ball thing came up from the ground with some lovely classical music playing in the background and lights shining on it.. after a couple of minutes he started playing the drums and the ball opened to show him playing. Now the drum solo as a whole I thought was good. The thing that I DIDNT like was the classical music in the background. Pick one or the other PLEASE. Combining a fast-paced drum solo with slow classical music is such an extreme and horrible contrast and it sounds AWFUL. I'm not bothered when he acts like a big drama queen and falls over his drum kit and the classical music is playing.. its just when he's playing drums while the classical music is playing. Its horrible. I hate it!

Rant over. Bitch at me if you want, I dont care. I might copy and paste this and send it to him on myspace  :twisted:

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 12:33:36 PM
Quote from: "BizKiTRoAcH"
then Yoshiki had to ruin it by bashing on the piano.

I've thought about it and now I think it goes hand in hand with "being a drama queen"(that is what I don't like). To be honest I believe it's just part of the show, I mean, Toshi didn't call him actress for nothing  :P

RIP

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 01:08:26 PM
I mean, Toshi didn't call him actress for nothing

Yoshiki? Our actress?

Yeah, I remember I used to laugh myself silly over this one.  :D

Anyway, as for the piano bashing... see, sometimes it doesn't fit for me, too, but this time - I don't know, but it seemed all right. It felt like a nasty and a violent end to something pretty (music and the woman getting closer),  which is how things often end for Yoshiki.  :?

As for the drum solo... I like the various music playing there. And I'm always strangely moved to hear Chopin (now is it him?) and Smetana. It seems fitting for me.  :P

Pony rocks!

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 02:34:21 PM
Its hard to avoid the bashing if he puts it in the middle of a song or if you dont know when its going to happen!

And I also do not see these as X Japan flaws. I see these as Yoshiki flaws.

Offline Maverick

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 03:01:41 PM
Well, that's the esthetic of destruction - I mean, I would actually wonder when Yoshiki wouldn't bash.
Honestly, it belongs somehow to his solos, and that bashing carries a message of anger and despair in it, so it's quite clear to me why he does so.

Everywhere there flows...... BLUE BLOOD!!

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 03:07:53 PM
I can see why he does it.. but its still annoying and it sucks  :P

Offline Maverick

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 04:18:15 PM
Quote from: "BizKiTRoAcH"
I can see why he does it.. but its still annoying and it sucks  :P

Don't think so :P

Everywhere there flows...... BLUE BLOOD!!

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 05:30:28 PM
Yoshiki is our drama queen. Concerning the bashing. It actually put a nice end to his performance of amythyst.

The drum solo was visually great, but itself not that spectacular.

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 11:21:32 PM
Quote from: "Menacia"
Yoshiki is our drama queen. Concerning the bashing. It actually put a nice end to his performance of amythyst.

I actually think it ruined the ending. It would have been nicer if he just played it out like he does with Endless Rain.

Offline dianne_dejarjayes

• Big fan
  • ~Bring X JAPAN to INDONESIA~
    • View Profile
    • Dianne Dejarjayes
Reply #9 on: August 07, 2007, 08:19:01 AM
You like my sister, she never like Yoshiki bashing on the piano  :P

I sometimes just sometimes didnt like it... but I not watch Aoi yoru/shiori yoru yet, so I cant give any comment about his piano solo there  :oops: