?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 08:18:38 AM by Unfinished »

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 07:21:39 AM
Oh well, this is really hard to tell.
There are so many rumours going around, I suppose we can never ever be sure, except if some really reliable source (like hide's family member) shared  some info, which is very unlikely to happen.
Personally,  to me hide never seemed to be the type to date women, not at all. Even sans his VK style. But then again, it might be simply the fact that being gay, I tend to see such tendencies even where there really aren't any.   :D

Pony rocks!

Offline XXX

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 09:21:47 PM
Quote from: "Anna"
Personally,  to me hide never seemed to be the type to date women, not at all. Even sans his VK style. But then again, it might be simply the fact that being gay, I tend to see such tendencies even where there really aren't any.   :D

hide was NOT gay. Neither is Yoshiki. The guys just followed the visual
trend and had crazy long hair and all that! :D
And, in hide's song Eyes love you, for example, he sings about women.
hide was a man who did what he liked, and didn't care about what others think.
Everyone has a lot to learn from hide.

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 09:33:40 PM
hide was NOT gay. Neither is Yoshiki. The guys just followed the visual trend and had crazy long hair and all that!  

Well, that's why I said 'sans his VK style'. Long hair and "all that" or not, he feels gay to me. It's something inside, not outside.

And, in hide's song Eyes love you, for example, he sings about women.

Like, and what? I can sing about men, too!  :D

Now, really - I don't mean to say you are wrong and that hide was definitely gay or something.   :P  (In fact, I don't care about his sexuality at all, what matters to me is music and personality.) I simply say what I feel - and I explain the reason why I might feel it. But nothing more.  :)

Pony rocks!

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 07:08:45 AM
I think hide was just confident with his sexuality.

Most likely.   :P

Pony rocks!

Offline Maverick

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 09:51:29 AM
I think keeping your personal life by yourself is the best you can do, anyway. First of all, it IS private and has not to be carried out in public, and second, when there's an artist gay, bi, or whatever, he/she always has to live with that outing. That is, being asked about it in interviews all the time, and people looking first at their sexuality but at their talent. Honestly, that's just ridiculous, but the truth.
Like David Bowie once said - saying publicly that he is bi was the biggest mistake in his life.

Everywhere there flows...... BLUE BLOOD!!

Offline motorhead

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 04, 2007, 06:36:03 AM
i know from honey-blade.com (now disfunct) emi takahashi was his girlfriend/fling, too. she was a stylist that worked with him in one of his photo books during his solo career in the early 90's.

hmmm....hide did show some tendencies of bi-curiousity on stage. with spread beaver. he did smooch ren on the lips, too. he also snogged with heath in extasy summit.

Quote from: "Unfinished"

but every hide fan knows he did love women and wasn't ashamed to show it. *coughs*

i think hide had a lot of girlfriends, when you're a rock star your private life is busy and out the window. i don't mind his sexuality either. but then again his personal life isn't my business. :P

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #7 on: August 04, 2007, 11:10:50 AM
Quote from: "motorhead"
i think hide had a lot of girlfriends
Groupies maybe? :D

This is my administrator color.

Offline motorhead

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 04, 2007, 08:32:19 PM
Quote from: "Hypno"

hahaha, yep. you've seen ugly pink machine file 2 right?  :oops:

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #9 on: August 04, 2007, 10:25:51 PM

hahaha, yep. you've seen ugly pink machine file 2 right?  :oops:
Ummm... Nope? In fackt I have never heard of... ugly pink machine file 2.... :oops:

Offline motorhead

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: August 05, 2007, 07:34:07 AM

Ummm... Nope? In fackt I have never heard of... ugly pink machine file 2.... :oops:

heehee. yuh. there is a scene where the band is in a small room with girls. and die has a girl on his lap. he nuzzles her closer and she's giggling. when she screams the camera stops filming.

i think hide had girlfriends, but not a girlfriend. a lot of people lived with hide, band mates and girlfriends alike. so it's hard to tell if the woman who found him barely alive the morning he died was his steady girlfriend or a room mate/companion.

Offline motorhead

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: August 05, 2007, 10:18:09 PM
Some places state it was his girlfriend,some other articles say it was a room mate.

I think hide was way too energetic and different to settle down in his early 30's.

yeah, i think so too. *nods*

edit: one thing i noticed, unlike other rock stars or celebs, hide never dated celebrities or models. he mostly went for common girls, like civilians.

Offline motorhead

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: September 01, 2007, 12:49:03 AM

heehee. yuh. there is a scene where the band is in a small room with girls. and die has a girl on his lap. he nuzzles her closer and she's giggling. when she screams the camera stops filming.

i think hide had girlfriends, but not a girlfriend. a lot of people lived with hide, band mates and girlfriends alike. so it's hard to tell if the woman who found him barely alive the morning he died was his steady girlfriend or a room mate/companion.

My mistake, it was I.N.A. Not DIE.

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: September 09, 2007, 12:02:46 AM
Every single jrock artist is getting called gay at one point or another.Some people seriously think hyde is gay when hes happily married with his wife and child and always makes jokes that are hentai.

I hear people saying Yoshiki is bi at other forums.I mean if someone is gay or something in Americas star people usually know like Elton John or George Micheal but over there like PN once said something like they keep their personal lifes to themselves.

I agree. Absolutely.
Plus, as most of you know, the feminine looks and attitudes are considered very beautiful in Japan, in either males or females.
The fact that hide wore make-up and dyed his hair, as well as belonging to several rock'n'roll bands don't make him 'gay'. He may even have been, but not necessairly.

In my honest oppinion he was straight. I have no fundament for this but I've never heard or seen anything that made me believe he felt attracted to males.

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline motorhead

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: September 09, 2007, 03:25:05 AM
Quote from: "matsumoto"

I agree. Absolutely.
Plus, as most of you know, the feminine looks and attitudes are considered very beautiful in Japan, in either males or females.
The fact that hide wore make-up and dyed his hair, as well as belonging to several rock'n'roll bands don't make him 'gay'. He may even have been, but not necessairly.

In my honest oppinion he was straight. I have no fundament for this but I've never heard or seen anything that made me believe he felt attracted to males.

i think so. looks can be totally deceiving.

anyways...

no straight man gropes another doodz butt or smooches his buddy on the lips. there's proof to that. unless if he was doing fan service for the "shock/entertainment value".

i believe that he preferred women. but honestly, i think hide was a little curious.

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: September 09, 2007, 12:39:03 PM

No straight man gropes another doodz butt or smooches his buddy on the lips. there's proof to that. unless if he was doing fan service for the "shock/entertainment value".

:shock: oh? I didn't know of those butt gropes and smooches! where did you read/see that?

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline motorhead

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: September 09, 2007, 09:51:52 PM
Quote from: "matsumoto"

No straight man gropes another doodz butt or smooches his buddy on the lips. there's proof to that. unless if he was doing fan service for the "shock/entertainment value".

:shock: oh? I didn't know of those butt gropes and smooches! where did you read/see that?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=j6iw6lxBVVg

he did smooch ren on the lips, too.

;)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=K6E8RzGGq0o

Offline crazy bitch

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: September 12, 2007, 10:26:04 AM
even if he had many gfs
why is it our business?o.O;;

Offline Maverick

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: September 13, 2007, 06:55:21 PM
Quote from: "crazy bitch"
even if he had many gfs

Right - it's NONE of our business.

Everywhere there flows...... BLUE BLOOD!!

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: September 14, 2007, 09:34:26 AM
I just noticed...we have this topic twice. Merge?

RIP

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #20 on: September 14, 2007, 12:29:25 PM
If you want to... Honestly I don't care much about the topic as it's not my business anyway :P

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: September 14, 2007, 12:58:41 PM
If you want to...

Like I could  :P

RIP

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #22 on: September 14, 2007, 01:19:24 PM
Bah... Doesn't matter then :P

Offline motorhead

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: September 22, 2007, 07:38:46 PM
Quote from: "crazy bitch"
even if he had many gfs

oh, no disrespect. i mean i didn't mean it in a bad way or nothing. i'm a swinger myself.  :D i was just assuming.

anyways if it bothers you, i won't talk about it anymore.

XisMyLoVeFoReVa

Reply #24 on: April 01, 2008, 05:23:17 PM
I think hide had girlfriend, I saw picx in a gallery...she was very lucky girl ;_;

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: April 16, 2008, 10:42:35 PM
hide's girlfriend was Shiratori Hitomi.  :wink:

Seriously, I see hide as bisexual. Someone who liked both men and women. It's no big deal, it's who he was. . .

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: April 16, 2008, 10:57:32 PM
Quote from: "MiscastDice"
it's who he was. . .

Source or don't make statements like that without CLEARLY stating it's your own theory. It's disrespectful.

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: April 17, 2008, 01:57:35 AM
Quote from: "MillieQOF"
Quote from: "MiscastDice"
it's who he was. . .

Source or don't make statements like that without CLEARLY stating it's your own theory. It's disrespectful.

Not unless being bisexual is somehow a bad thing.  :evil:

Offline Madjhatter

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: April 17, 2008, 03:44:17 AM
I say who cares if he was gay, straight, bi, etc. because theres tons of gray area.  I think he was dubbed omnisexual or something like that.  nothing else was said so we shouldn't say anything else, simple as that

~Live boldly. Take risks. Make somebody say, "what the hell was that all about?"~

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: April 17, 2008, 03:46:51 AM
Quote from: "Madjhatter"
I say who cares if he was gay, straight, bi, etc. because theres tons of gray area.  I think he was dubbed omnisexual or something like that.  nothing else was said so we shouldn't say anything else, simple as that

I agree with "omnisexual," but I'm never going to let someone arguing that it's disrespectful to consider him as having had same-sex attraction shut me up. . .