• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Harry Potter

ferret · 43214

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
on: July 19, 2007, 06:28:39 PM
Just two days left (or more two and a half?) till book seven. CAN'T.WAIT.  

I'll lock myself in my room, I'll read it in a piece, then I'll sleep for about a day, and then I'll come back online.

Same procedure as every year :lol:

Aaah, I'm so excited!

...Oh, yeah, you can discuss the books and the movies here.

RIP

Offline Hurley

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 06:45:14 PM
People here seem to consider Harry Potter stuff childish and stupid, so I'll have to keep as a secret that I love the books :D The movies are ok I guess, and my brother said the latest one sucked, so I'm still considering wether to see it or not. The movies have some great music tho.

Mod color o' mine

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 07:12:15 PM
I love HP, though at first I used to think it was just children stuff (something many people say without actually knowing what are they talking about, having never read the books themselves). Dana and I are going to buy it tomorrow night, but unlike the other years, we are planning to make it two copies this time. It was kind of ennerving, having just one copy and changing turns after each chapter.  :P
We also saw the movie yesterday and I liked it a lot (though many things were omitted, which is understandable though, given the length of the book).

Pony rocks!

Offline Valentine

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 07:21:09 PM
Ah, Harry... *seriously~in~love~fangirl~look*... It's been kind of my first of the really long time fandoms, I'd remember having organizing the first ofi fanclub in my country for it, so I guess someone could bit imagine how mad I actually went about it.... I mean, obsessive. No, that's not the word... Fangirly. That sounds so... woowoo. *laughs*

Well, I'm mostly interested in the deaths of the remaining piece. Mean like, the story is all about something the same, no? This kind of thing in there is a bit thrilling, one never knows who she's damn playing with. Been speculating with handful friends about the death of Harry, to mostly everyone I've met it seems like impossible, so who knows.
I just like, hope she doesn't write the 8th book, that would go a little too much for me to swallow... In some sense, I would prefer the canon to remain 7 ones and the rest being but a fanfiction with fun in its own right.

'll save you from yourself. Fly...

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 07:28:10 PM
As long as Snape lives and is proven good, I don't really care who lives or dies... at least not that much. I'm just curious.
Not that I was one of Snape's scary fans (I mean those who write horrible fanfiction, mainly featuring themselves having wild sex with that poor man )... I'm just his non-scary fan who just finds him complex and deliciously cynical.  :P
Also, since he's kind of archetypically doomed from the start, I really wish he survived and continued living in peace. Because if there's a hope for him, then there's hope for everyone.

Pony rocks!

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 12:30:14 AM
I never did get into Harry Potter. I'm not a big book-person though. I'll watch the films when they finish them all. The films look good.. and Emma Watson is sexy  :P

btw, they all die in the last book. HA! *disappears*

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 04:59:03 AM
Quote from: "Anna"
As long as Snape lives and is proven good, I don't really care who lives or dies... at least not that much. I'm just curious.
Not that I was one of Snape's scary fans (I mean those who write horrible fanfiction, mainly featuring themselves having wild sex with that poor man )... I'm just his non-scary fan who just finds him complex and deliciously cynical.  :P
Also, since he's kind of archetypically doomed from the start, I really wish he survived and continued living in peace. Because if there's a hope for him, then there's hope for everyone.

My thoughts exactly, I'm only reading it because Snape is so damn fascinating  :lol:
I'm also very interested how his relationship with Harry will be in the future. Harry has always annoyed me for never seeing any good in Snape, when Dumbledore did. And I'm sorry to say so...oh, no, I'm not, I trust Dumbledore more than "The-Boy-Who-Scored".

Lee, I'm not a bookworm, either (mostly because of some boring stuff we had to read atschool) but Harry Potter is really good entertainment, if you read the books it's better than every movie  :D

Tsk, I knew someone would say Emma Watson's sexy. I think she's very pretty, but she's too annoying and one too bad actress to be attractive for me  :P I like to call her the female Orlando Bloom, because she is.

RIP

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #7 on: July 20, 2007, 07:23:30 AM
Lee, I'm not a bookworm, either (mostly because of some boring stuff we had to read atschool) but Harry Potter is really good entertainment, if you read the books it's better than every movie

True. The movies (or at leas the 3rd movie and up) are pretty good, but the books itself are great, though not so complex at the beginning (say the first two). Only one really has to read it in English to really savour it. I don't know how in other countries, but here in Czech republic the translation sucks. The books lost good three quarters of magic in my opinion. I read the original first and then, out of curiousity, I tried to read some of them in Czech, but I simply couldn't. :x

Pony rocks!

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 20, 2007, 07:30:28 AM
I kind of like all the movies, except the fourth...IMO the worst of the whole "series". I really loved the fourth book, I liked the romantic aspect, really, but in the movie, it was way too much (and Emma Watson's "acting" was annoying beyond words).

Yep, the original version is the best, I've read the first four in German (first) and after re-reading them in English I realized how much gets lost when translated.

And something random

Sirius Black

Love this song  :lol:

RIP

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #9 on: July 20, 2007, 08:09:47 AM

And something random

Sirius Black

Love this song

:D

Ferret, have you seen the last movie then? If yes, how did you like it?

Pony rocks!

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: July 20, 2007, 08:14:34 AM
Yep, I saw it last week. I really liked it, the camera work was amazing, really solid acting, Harry wasn't as annoying as in the book, the thriller-esque atmosphere was great and the special effects...trust me, the final fight will blow your mind away  :shock:  It really looks like magic, finally!

But that's just my opinion. I know people who liked the fourth, and hated the new one...

Oh, and there are lost of funny moments (Snape  :lol: )

RIP

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #11 on: July 20, 2007, 08:30:52 AM
I loved it too.

It's certainly true Radcliff's acting got better. And Snape's bits were precious! (Occlumency lessons :P )

Pony rocks!

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: July 20, 2007, 08:37:59 AM
And I thought you haven't seen it, yet  :P

Harry Potter: [to Snape] He's got Padfoot! He's got Padfoot at the place where it's hidden!
Dolores Umbridge: Padfoot? What is Padfoot? And where, what's hidden? What is he talking about Snape?
Severus Snape: No idea.

Dolores Umbridge: You applied first for the Defense Against the Dark Arts post, is that correct?
Severus Snape: Yes.
Dolores Umbridge: But you were unsuccessful?
Severus Snape: Obviously.

Especially the second scene was priceless  :lol:

Found the clip

"Obviously"

RIP

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #13 on: July 20, 2007, 08:44:47 AM
These scenes were just priceless.
Scene 2, that haunted look in his eyes... :D

Though my favourite remains "I might vomit."

Pony rocks!

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: July 20, 2007, 09:02:35 AM
Quote from: "Anna"

Though my favourite remains "I might vomit."

Shoot, forgot about that one, loved it, too. :D  Tho, it was weird that there was Snape in the mirror all of a sudden, since you only see what you wish most. *maybe just a mistake*

RIP

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #15 on: July 20, 2007, 09:04:11 AM
Well... he entered Harry's memory in an appropriately showy way, that's all.  :D

Pony rocks!

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: July 20, 2007, 09:11:08 AM
Hm, maybe.

Aaah, wanna read the last book now! Funny enough, I got the sixth book one day before it's official release, it was just lying around in some book store  :shock: I'm afraid I won't be as lucky this time.

RIP

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #17 on: July 20, 2007, 09:12:50 AM
Ah, tonight (well, tomorrow 1 AM) we're going to the shop to get our copies... can't wait, too.  :x

Ferret, You got Your last copy like this?! Gya!  :shock:

Pony rocks!

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: July 20, 2007, 09:20:32 AM
Yea, I couldn't believe it. We were at something like a smaller mall, and there was this new bookstore, and I thought I should check it out. And right there, at the entrance, was lying a huge batch of HBP books. After that I couldn't wipe away the dumb grin off my face until I was in my room.

RIP

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #19 on: July 20, 2007, 09:31:12 AM
After that I couldn't wipe away the dumb grin off my face until I was in my room.

Well, it must have been really something.  :D
BTW, how did you like that book? In my opinion, even though it contains some marvelous scenes (whole chapter 2, for example), it was by far the weakest book. Sometimes it felt like a not-so-good fanfiction....  :?

Pony rocks!

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: July 20, 2007, 09:35:51 AM
HBP is my fave book, by far. Loved the whole Prince storyline, how he helped Harry to receive such good marks at potions. (plus the little hints at Lilly's and Snapes collaboration)
This was the real turning point when Snape killed DD. Love this book  :D

RIP

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #21 on: July 20, 2007, 09:41:44 AM
Loved the whole Prince storyline, how he helped Harry to receive such good marks at potions. (plus the little hints at Lilly's and Snapes collaboration)
This was the real turning point when Snape killed DD. Love this book

Sure, I loved that storyline as well. But the romantic plot was annoying and rather unrealistic, in my opinion. I don't really care which girl ends up with Harry, but this choice seemed rather awkward to me.

Pony rocks!

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: July 20, 2007, 09:44:57 AM
Yeah, that was certainly a minus, all the who with who (Ron + Lavender=wtf?) and Hermione was all girly all of a sudden. But it's THE Snape book, that's why it's my fave <3

RIP

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #23 on: July 20, 2007, 09:47:28 AM
But it's THE Snape book, that's why it's my fave <3

Yesss....  :P

Pony rocks!

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: July 20, 2007, 09:51:38 AM
Do you know this page already? There are some funny vids

potterpuppetpals.com

Bothering Snape  :lol:

RIP

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #25 on: July 20, 2007, 09:58:21 AM
Yeah, I've seen it some time ago. Poor Snape. For some reason, people love to bother him.  :)

Pony rocks!

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: July 20, 2007, 10:02:11 AM
"bother"  :lol:

Oh, have you heard that somebody new will be cast to play Tom Riddle in the 6th movie? What a shame, I thought Christian Coulson was perfect.

RIP

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #27 on: July 20, 2007, 10:06:58 AM
Shame it is. He was perfect.  :?

Do you know the reason?

Pony rocks!

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: July 20, 2007, 10:09:13 AM
"Too old"  :roll:

RIP

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #29 on: July 20, 2007, 10:10:38 AM
Right, I forgot... :roll:

Well, and what? Alan Rickman is almost thirty years older than Snape... and look how marvelous he is!

Pony rocks!