• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

How does Yoshiki write love songs..

Cruor · 20933

Offline Cruor

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
on: July 17, 2007, 05:49:08 PM
A person can express their true feelings in a poet or in a lyrics if he/she experienced that feeling before.

You all know most of the X Japan songs are about "love" and most of them are written by Yoshiki...

Did Yoshiki had anyone that made him fell in love before? I mean the lyrics is just pretty serious about "love" and I've never seen or heard Yoshiki mentioning about the "special someone" in his life.

Or is it that he is just friggin talented.

Great example is the song Say Anything.

Say Anything; its a meaning that one person wants to hear their special someone or whoever he/she is in love with to say anything because the person is thirsty for "love". It makes the person happy to hear their love ones talk again.

"Time may change my life but my heart remains the same to you
 Time may change your heart, my love for you never changes"

I dont think I need to explain that either and thats gotta be one of the best lyric out there.

Thoughts? How does he do it?

url=http://www.last.fm/user/SuYen/?chartstyle=listen] [/url]

Offline Maverick

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 06:31:21 PM
I think that's possibly something he better would want to keep in privacy. I mean, thinking of that everyone of his fans would KNOW about that person, it could become hell on earth for both, possibly... I mean because of jealousy or so... you know, some fans can get crazy about such things. -.-,

Everywhere there flows...... BLUE BLOOD!!

Offline Amethyst_Dahlia

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart!
Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 09:35:20 PM
All I know is that he had a girlfriend for six years (I think her name was Marie) and if I remember correctly she used to be in his top friends list on MySpace. ^^
And "Say Anything" happened to be stuck in my head earlier today. XD

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 10:22:26 PM
If I'm not mistaken she's the one who was the chick in Dahlia video... And also in the (head?) of VUK Street Team?

This is my administrator color.

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 11:11:30 PM
Quote from: "Amethyst_Dahlia"
All I know is that he had a girlfriend for six years (I think her name was Marie) and if I remember correctly she used to be in his top friends list on MySpace. ^^
And "Say Anything" happened to be stuck in my head earlier today. XD

As far as i'm aware, their relationship is purely business/friendship. She has appeared in X videos (Dahlia and Week End I think) and worked with Yoshiki before. She is married (or engaged) to that Ryan Houston guy in the VUK top friends.

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 06:21:23 AM
Quote from: "Cruor"
A person can express their true feelings in a poet or in a lyrics if he/she experienced that feeling before.

That's one possibility. Another is that something just inspires him. Inspiration can come from anything, I believe everyone who has some kind of artistic talent knows that. It can be a movie, a book, a smell, a picture or even another song.
If I wrote a poem about being mother it doesn't necessarly mean I am one, but something inspired me and I got this idea.

I'm not saying what you're saying it's wrong, Yoshiki surely has a lot of experience, but the imagination should never be underestimated.

Btw. I don't like most of X's ballads because they're too cheesy for me  :P

RIP

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 09:16:52 AM
I think he did have a person he loved and from who he got the experience from to write those songs. He just didn't tell, who this person was :P

Well, for imagination... I don't think you can express a feeling THAT accurate  when you never came to now it yourself. But yoshiki's music and lyrics feel... right!
I think there was someone....

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 10:13:08 AM
Quote from: "AsukaMiyu"

Well, for imagination... I don't think you can express a feeling THAT accurate  when you never came to now it yourself.

Quote from: "ferret"

Inspiration can come from anything, I believe everyone who has some kind of artistic talent knows that.

RIP

Offline Leo Van Newhouse

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.frappr.com/hanoirocksfrapper
Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 05:51:48 PM
Most likely...with a pen.

NOT FAKIN' IT!!!

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 19, 2007, 05:58:53 PM
Or a pencil.

RIP

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #10 on: July 20, 2007, 10:00:36 AM
he said "I will" so it was only a thought :P
Of course there is a lot of imagination and inspiration in it, but you have to know a feeling in order to be able to discribe it.

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: July 20, 2007, 10:05:01 AM
Except someone discribes it to you, and you memorize the description and write it down. so you wouldn't have to experience it yourself.

RIP

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #12 on: July 20, 2007, 10:54:16 AM
Except someone discribes it to you, and you memorize the description and write it down. so you wouldn't have to experience it yourself.

Something like an endoscopy then...

Pony rocks!

Offline Kyubi

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yoshiki.fr
Reply #13 on: July 20, 2007, 04:27:07 PM
You're all wrong...

He  is just drinking a lot... Then sitting in front of his paper (naked usually) and then writing...

No just kidding...

Well, I think that most of his songs deal with only one love, the one he has for his father.

Then I know that he doesn't know any kind of instruments to write a song, just a paper and a pen. The melody is in his mind :)

Offline XXX

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: July 21, 2007, 12:00:45 AM
Quote from: "Unfinished"
Close your eyes and I'll kill you in the rain.(say anything)

I dont think Yoshiki has done that.

its alot of inspiration I say...

The line after that, in Say Anything, says something about an "artificial rose
that is buried". I think that "rose" is the love for somebody who doesn't
want him, or isn't there. Most of his songs can be about the feeling of not
having his father, or about not being loved by someone special.
Yoshiki wants to "kill" the pain inside him.
Poetry is deep, and Yoshiki is a genius. :D
Anyway, that's what I think...

Offline Maverick

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: July 21, 2007, 09:21:17 AM
Quote from: "Kyubi"
You're all wrong...

He  is just drinking a lot... Then sitting in front of his paper (naked usually) and then writing...

No just kidding...

Well, I think that most of his songs deal with only one love, the one he has for his father.

Then I know that he doesn't know any kind of instruments to write a song, just a paper and a pen. The melody is in his mind :)

LOL Wanna see the first *grin*
And yes, I think that's the reason that, when he plays then the melody on piano, he's for the first moment disappointed that it doesn't sound the way he wanted it.

Offline Kyubi

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yoshiki.fr
Reply #16 on: July 21, 2007, 11:27:23 AM
*Wanna install a camera in the piano*

Muahahaha...

Offline Maverick

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: July 22, 2007, 08:56:23 AM
Quote from: "Kyubi"
*Wanna install a camera in the piano*

Muahahaha...

Install another one at the pool - the chances are much bigger then. ;P

Offline hideisgod

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/vanillasugarcube
Reply #18 on: January 20, 2008, 06:33:50 PM
am i the only one out there who is truly convinced that yoshiki was in love with hide? i mean come on have you read the lyrics to without you? and the fact that he was a recluse for 2 years after hide died...that is surely a sign of someone grieving their lover.

I LOVE YOSHIKI :D

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #19 on: January 20, 2008, 09:22:56 PM
If you seriously think that, I seriously think you are a fangirl living in a fantasy world :D

This is my administrator color.

Offline hideisgod

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/vanillasugarcube
Reply #20 on: January 20, 2008, 10:38:56 PM
Quote from: "Hypno"
If you seriously think that, I seriously think you are a fangirl living in a fantasy world :D

haha whatever...
but that was actually something one of my friends came up with, and she really gets into analyzing the songs and all that stuff.
soo..she is totally convinced that they were together. me, well, i'm just whatever.

I LOVE YOSHIKI :D

Offline dianne_dejarjayes

• Big fan
  • ~Bring X JAPAN to INDONESIA~
    • View Profile
    • Dianne Dejarjayes
Reply #21 on: January 21, 2008, 12:23:38 PM
Quote from: "XXX"

The line after that, in Say Anything, says something about an "artificial rose
that is buried". I think that "rose" is the love for somebody who doesn't
want him, or isn't there. Most of his songs can be about the feeling of not
having his father, or about not being loved by someone special.
Yoshiki wants to "kill" the pain inside him.
Poetry is deep, and Yoshiki is a genius. :D
Anyway, that's what I think...

I more agree with that, I think mostly his old lyric (in X / X Japan i mean not in V UK or the other)  for his father. IMO :)

Offline X-J

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: January 31, 2008, 09:28:22 PM
I think Yoshiki certainly is heterosexual...  8)  He just experiences love and emotions very strongly (and that's admirable). In addition, he seems no stranger to suffering and pain which are, I should think from personal experience, important elements in creativity. Exhaustion over emotions is what's struck me, i.e. giving your all for an ideal goal. Alas, the goal is unattainable and therefore you suffer because you've been forever locked between the realisation and the sweetness of your goal.

Yoshiki thus has elements from European avant-gardist thought where sublimity of experience is central. It is, still, ironic that (so I've read) X Japan was considered "a working-class band"... Though class shouldn't determine who you are.

What I always wondered about Yoshiki is his house: all white. Is white in Japanese culture (as a home furnishing color) equal to black in Western culture in representing sadness and death?

As a Yoshiki-enthusiast, and (I think) his distant "soulmate", I would have expected complex ornament, epic, passionate details and rich colours, such as red, as well as plenty of wood (my apartment is like that  :) ). But, these are the precise elements that are missing from his furniture choices. The house almost piercingly sterile, almost like a marble mausoleum. And futurist.

By the way, Yoshiki also has dated Third Runner-Up in Miss Canada contest of 1995, Lana Buchberger:

http://www.moon-soft.com/program/bbs/readelite36856.htm

The Canadian (a former Miss Canada?)

Yoshiki's girlfriend, Lana, has been a real lifesaver for him.
 She has been there when he needed someone and has left him  
when he needed to be alone. She picked him up at the airport  
after he returned from hide's funeral. Yoshiki swore once
 that he would never marry, so I think that his relationship  
with Lana is going to be like a marriage just without the ring.

(the one on the right)

Only what is in motion can rest."
-Martin Heidegger

Offline friday

• Moderators
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: February 01, 2008, 04:35:14 AM
"Yoshiki has just been through a pretty rough year,
it seems that he is starting to pick up the pieces of his life.
For hide's funeral he cut his two foot long hair off
as a sign of his misery a hide's death and as as respect
 for his passing."

?????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And.

"Yoshiki organized a memorial concert for hide on September 26.
Luna Sea, B' z, Glay, globe, X, Kiss and Guns'N'Roses all played
 at the concert. It was his final farewell to his friend and he
 cried during it; everyone cried during it.
 All of the fans were sobbing.
This emotional release was just what he needed. "

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

MODERATOR'd!

Offline friday

• Moderators
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: February 02, 2008, 09:54:20 AM
Yeah, i know it was incorrect..Hence my massive amount of question marks...

Did Yoshiki really date Lana Buchberger? Most if not all of the artical is crap, so i didn't know if to believe it or not. And i can't believe they wrote that he cut his hair in tribute...Have they actually seen the Dahlia Tour or Last Live?

MODERATOR'd!

Offline Miyoko

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: October 01, 2008, 05:53:21 PM
I must say that I too believe that he loves hide. But it's not "fangirling". You can think it, but it's not. Did you read his memories about hide? Of course, it's all about opinion, but...
When some of your friends die, you will be sad, of course. But not that much. He might be poser and drama queen but it's not possible to play this. /I don't believe he's a poser... um.. maybe ... little *blush*/.. he was about 3 years in tears! He can't play drums!
I probably live in a "fantasy world" but I really believe he loved him...and he still does...

Offline vegarrrrd

• View Profile
Reply #26 on: October 01, 2008, 08:27:53 PM
I must say that I too believe that he loves hide. But it's not "fangirling". You can think it, but it's not. Did you read his memories about hide? Of course, it's all about opinion, but...
When some of your friends die, you will be sad, of course. But not that much. He might be poser and drama queen but it's not possible to play this. /I don't believe he's a poser... um.. maybe ... little *blush*/.. he was about 3 years in tears! He can't play drums!
I probably live in a "fantasy world" but I really believe he loved him...and he still does...

it is "fangirling". prove me wrong.

Offline Jorge

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: October 02, 2008, 01:38:29 AM
Quote from: Hypno

haha whatever...
but that was actually something one of my friends came up with, and she really gets into analyzing the songs and all that stuff.
soo..she is totally convinced that they were together. me, well, i'm just whatever.

Oh please. Go read some Yaoi to satisfy your needs or something.
And ofcourse he loved hide, if one of my closest friends died I would be depressed in the fucking the gutter as well for god knows how long, however, that doesnt mean I loved that person in a "love" kind of way.

As for Yoshiki experiencing love, for christ sake, he is a human just like us.. OFCOURSE he has experienced it, and OFCOURSE he drew inspiration out of it. You know how Japanese artists are about their privacy and wives.. And who can blame then? After seeing what happened to Gackt and his GF.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 01:42:25 AM by Jorge »

Offline Miyoko

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: October 02, 2008, 05:39:04 AM
Do you all think it's bad when boy loves boy? If no, why do you say so hard "Yo-chan is hetero!" ...? But it does not matter. We can think whatever about him, he will be always himself.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #29 on: October 02, 2008, 07:15:55 AM
Do you all think it's bad when boy loves boy? If no, why do you say so hard "Yo-chan is hetero!" ...? But it does not matter. We can think whatever about him, he will be always himself.
...Who said that? ô_O
To me it looks more like people just said that one shouldn't over-interpret things in the lyrics.

Yoshiki for sure knew more people than just hide and the X members...