X freaks official translator team

WeekEnder · 15198

Offline WeekEnder

• Sunday Listener
  • UwU
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
on: April 19, 2020, 03:23:18 PM
Hey wouldn't it be great it our forum gets its own dedicated translator team? Of course built up of volunteers :D
We can get translations for X related youtube videos out there. And it will help uncovering many mystery and cool information too

*nuzzles*

Offline TaijiSawada

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 05:08:14 AM
yup, it would be cool (mainly because most news about X, Yoshiki & friends are in Japanese and they don't get officially translated from Western news sources)

Offline ottkaji

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 06, 2021, 11:08:17 AM
I would be willing to attempt translating any text anyone wants to read but not audio or video as of yet. I still have a bit of trouble hearing the language as accurately untill I know more words.

I'm trying to expand my own volcabulary myself and really wanted to read some of the books that are not translated. I already read Toshis book and found and linked Kyoudai Tsuioku No Hide and now want to read the book about Hide by I.N.A. as well as Never Ending Dream Hide Story, the Yoshiki biography and Taijis book as well as the one about his murder. If anyone knows where I can buy Kindle or E-Book copies let me know.

Offline TaijiSawada

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 06, 2021, 02:17:09 PM
I would be willing to attempt translating any text anyone wants to read but not audio or video as of yet. I still have a bit of trouble hearing the language as accurately untill I know more words.

I'm trying to expand my own volcabulary myself and really wanted to read some of the books that are not translated. I already read Toshis book and found and linked Kyoudai Tsuioku No Hide and now want to read the book about Hide by I.N.A. as well as Never Ending Dream Hide Story, the Yoshiki biography and Taijis book as well as the one about his murder. If anyone knows where I can buy Kindle or E-Book copies let me know.

hey there  :) that would be beyond amazing, especially because there are large chunks of biographies and official texts that were left untranslated for a wider audience. As for Taiji, I found this but it's a paperback version https://www.amazon.co.jp/伝説のバンド「X」の生と死―宇宙を翔ける友へ-TAIJI/dp/4198611742

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #4 on: May 07, 2021, 07:40:12 AM

I would donate a lot of money if you'll do a translation =)

positively unsure。

Offline ottkaji

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 25, 2021, 09:42:07 AM
Sorry for taking a while to respond. Life emergencies, recovering from the second vaccine, work, socal and getting hooked on a visual novel that I've always been afraid to read but still wanted to know the story after hearing it's worth it everywhere. Turns out I can turn the worst of it off and fast forward through the rest of the icky stuff, perhaps looking over what's in the text log in case it's plot relevant, and the story is worth it. Back on topic.

I'm not to sure I would be comfortable just accepting money. I usually feel like I need to earn it first. I could maybe put it on an Amazon wish list and share it publicly but the reason I was looking for books in an electronic format is I'm starting off from 2 years of Community College Japanese so I don't have the vast majority of kanji memorized. Therefore if I could just copy the unknown kanji and paste it in Jisho.org it would be a lot easier than having to write it by hand in Google Translate because Jishos drawing tool is never accurate and then copy and paste it back to Jisho because Googles definitions are often incomplete. I wonder if there's an app that can look up kanji using your phones camera. In any event I did notice that the Brothers book by Hiroshi Matsumoto that I thought was completely translated actually skips chapters or has them out of order. Maybe I could cover what's missing. Basically what I'm looking for are projects to do. For instance I've wanted to know what the lyrics are to Toshis song Airport are since that's his Home Of Heart diss track or maybe a written transcript of his press conference when he left the cult. Maybe link to anything you want translated. I'll make a new topic in the correct place. Also a side note. Anyone know which board would most appropriate for X-Japan crossovers?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 02:45:49 PM by ottkaji »