PanthereNoire

XXXX
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 02:36:51 PM by Maverick »

Offline leading_note

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/leading_note
Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 01:48:00 AM
OMG.... I want to see the live. But wait. Is it possible for the oversea fan to get a ticket?

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 01:53:55 AM
Awesome. I hope they actually do a world tour and not just a Japan-only tour :(

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 07:19:11 AM
Should it be a concert in Tokyo Dome... I will do everything to get there, even if I should give my firstborn.

Pony rocks!

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 07:37:31 AM
*speechless* What can I say?! This is damn great news. I soo wanna go to Japan and watch them live, but I fear I won't be able to get tickes. Who knows, I'll start saving some money....

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 08:29:07 AM
Wooooh that rox.

Tho I'd like to get there, I guess it's next to impossible for me. So I'll wait until a DVD comes out :D

This is my administrator color.

Offline KiteOrca

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 09:50:32 AM
So who will replace hide-sama...we will know...

Offline alex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 01:14:07 PM
Fuck yes. I'll do everything in my power to be there!

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 01:32:09 PM
Nearly ten years since X JAPAN's New Year's "farewell" concert and nine years after the death of the band's influential lead guitarist Hideto "Hide" Matsumoto, X JAPAN has officially reformed and is planning a new tour and single, tentatively due before the end of 2007.

According to an article in the Japanese newspaper Sponichi, X JAPAN founder Yoshiki summoned former vocalist Toshi to Los Angeles in November 2006 to work on a song that was written as a tribute to late guitarist Hide, entitled "Without You" (originally released instrumentally on Yoshiki's first album). After an emotional recording session, the two felt that "the puzzle pieces just fit," and decided to officially reunite the band.

Yoshiki is said to be in talks with guitarist Pata and bassist Heath regarding the reunion, with hopes to feature the band lineup circa the group's final performance. While nothing has been set in stone, the tentative touring lineup is expected to include Yoshiki, Toshi, Pata, Heath, and roughly 10 guest guitarists who will perform Hide's parts during various songs in the set.

Current information indicates that X JAPAN's tour will begin near Yoshiki's home of Los Angeles, with the Toshi-sung single release of "Without You" due sometime this year.

Regarding the reunion, Yoshiki stated, "After Hide's death most fans were split between two extreme opinions, either 'you reunite and I'll kill you' or 'if you don't reunite I'll die.' I had trouble making the decision and for a while I wasn't able to move forward. This reunion is actually a first for me as well."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=73874
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20070604-00000018-spn-ent

hi there

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: June 04, 2007, 01:53:33 PM
Thanks for the news.

Quote from: "darkcat21"
and roughly 10 guest guitarists who will perform Hide's parts during various songs in the set.

Really a smart decision.

RIP

Offline alex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: June 04, 2007, 02:15:11 PM
"Current information indicates that X JAPAN's tour will begin near Yoshiki's home of Los Angeles"

Someone's gonna be mad. Anyway, thanks for the news, darkcat!

Offline alex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: June 04, 2007, 02:37:14 PM
How are we supposed to know if it's a competent translator? Blabbermouth - despite its name - is usually quite reliable.

Offline Mitsuko

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/sparklysquee
Reply #12 on: June 04, 2007, 02:44:21 PM
I would have to say I agree with Panthere on this one -  an incorrect translation in the hands of a fangirl can be disastrous.  :P

Lady, lady are you ready to go?
Why do you have to be laying down?

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: June 04, 2007, 02:45:00 PM
Current information indicates that X JAPAN's tour will begin near Yoshiki's home of Los Angeles

Lets hope so.. I might be able to afford to get there AND i'll be able to buy tickets.. woooo

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: June 04, 2007, 05:35:43 PM
I don't wanna discuss about this, but that's a reliable source. And also, here (http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20070604-00000018-spn-ent) it says that Without You was composed because of hide. And the article says the same things that you're saying. And also, it was Toshi the one who said that Yoshiki, the manager and the other offered him the reunion, but forget this. They're back.

hi there

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #15 on: June 04, 2007, 05:52:03 PM
Thanks for the info dc.

And PN, he just referenced it from a newspost on a mostly-reliable (hopefully) website and he has not claimed that the text there is pure truth. So please calm down abit and next time you see a mistake somewhere, try to help to correct it ;)

We have a saying in Estonian, "Kus viga näed laita seal tule ja aita." which can be loosley translated as "Where you see a mistake to blame, come and help." :)

Offline Amethyst_Dahlia

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart!
Reply #16 on: June 04, 2007, 06:48:17 PM
I've been thinking lately that if Anime News Network were to post this news, then that would mean that it's official. Sure enough, they've posted about it here.

It does have some of the faults that Panthere_Noire pointed out, though. =( But still, it seems more and more likely that the reunion's really going to happen~! ^____^

Edit: It's also been posted at JaME! Here: http://www.jmusicamerica.com/us/news.php?archive=06/2007#20782

EDIT: link fixed by PN ;)

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: June 05, 2007, 01:49:40 AM
Lets not forget, and I do not speak for everyone here, a lot of people are impatient and dont want to wait for a "proper" translation. Some people will just take the half-done one instead of waiting for you to provide a real one. If I see an "average" translation, i'll read it but I dont take much note of it until the information is confirmed/corrected. If I had to choose though, i'd just wait for a "proper" translation.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #18 on: June 08, 2007, 09:15:07 AM
I'm so happy to read about them reuniting for sure! :D

Um...please stop thet without you/hide discussion...I think we already discussed that already several times :/
(Or just make a thread to post all quotes where yoshiki said something about that topid...with a source, of course)

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline XJToshicult

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/master_of_anime
Reply #19 on: June 13, 2007, 10:56:11 PM
I can't wait. I hope I can get a ticket.

Offline migashi69

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: June 14, 2007, 12:02:27 AM
:D i get to go!!! yay but guest guitarist :( ofcourse

ndless...

Offline mikayoyo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/mikayoyo
Reply #21 on: June 22, 2007, 10:18:23 AM
Quote from: "PanthereNoire"
Quote from: "BizKiTRoAcH"
Awesome. I hope they actually do a world tour and not just a Japan-only tour :(

Well, since there is that "X Japan World Project" I suppose everything's possible. :)

NONONO. i argu the so-called WORLD TOUR is about the U.S. and Japan!!! :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: June 22, 2007, 11:39:59 AM
Well we'll have to wait and see. I do hope they come to Europe but if not, i'm saving up to go to America to see them :D

Offline alex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: June 23, 2007, 05:24:19 AM
I'd be going too~

But yeah, they're most likely not touring Europe. I guess they wouldn't want to play small venues here.

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: June 23, 2007, 09:42:16 AM
I hope so, it would save me a LOT of money  :P

Offline alex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: June 23, 2007, 10:22:08 AM
Quote from: "PanthereNoire"
I don't know why everybody's so pessimistic about Europe. Yoshiki likes Europe and I'm sure he'd love to hit the major capitals there.

But the fanbase must be really small compared to the US. Especially here in the North! Tokyo has more people than my whole country, and to think that Sweden is bigger than Japan.... I've never heard he likes Northern Europe neither though :P

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #26 on: June 23, 2007, 11:09:02 AM
I don't really think they won't come here at all....
Well, I don't know about other european countries....but in germany there ARE a LOT of J-Rock listeners... And Yoshiki hasn't been active here yet so he doesn't know the situation in europe as well as in the US....
Well, I think we have to give a good expression at Japan Expo  :D

I'll just wait and see...(and hope!)

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #27 on: June 23, 2007, 12:17:28 PM
They should come to London this summer.... I'd go for sure then :D

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: June 23, 2007, 12:53:51 PM
Quote from: "AsukaMiyu"
I don't really think they won't come here at all....
Well, I don't know about other european countries....but in germany there ARE a LOT of J-Rock listeners... And Yoshiki hasn't been active here yet so he doesn't know the situation in europe as well as in the US....
Well, I think we have to give a good expression at Japan Expo  :D

I'll just wait and see...(and hope!)

Not only has Germany many jrock listeners but also many jrock bands come to play there. Actually I think Germany is among the luckiest European countries when it comes to j artists. There have been numerous concerts by many bands in Germany and I think that it's very likely that Yoshiki might consider give the Krauts a chance.

RIP

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: June 23, 2007, 07:46:07 PM
Quote from: "Hypno"
They should come to London this summer.... I'd go for sure then :D

Yeah definately. If they play in London, me and hypno are gonna meet up and rock out \m/ (O_O) \m/

Mark should fly over and meet us aswell