• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

ne obliviscaris

NinjaGeek · 1559

Offline NinjaGeek

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
on: June 01, 2007, 05:09:17 AM
http://www.myspace.com/neobliviscaris

This is a new Australian metal band that is gaining popularity really quickly.  They kind of remind me of X Japan in that they have really long complex compositions, that are metal but take influences from other genres and also utilize other instruments such as acoustic guitar and violin in slower more emotional portions.  Also their drummer was a finalist in the worlds fastest drummer competition in Australia.  Biggest difference though is that they're really hardcore black metal rather than X Japan's older speed metal.

Not trying to say these guys are as good as X, but if you like modern black metal and X Japan's style you might like these guys too.

: Would you jump off a bridge just because everyone else was doing it?
A: Yes, because the pile of bodies would break my fall.

Offline alex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 04:55:53 PM
I wouldn't say they're similar, but I like it. The violin actually blend in pretty well.

Offline NinjaGeek

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 02:57:35 PM
Was a bit of a stretch to say their similar, especially the huge difference in the type of metal they play.  Just figured the people here probably like metal with more depth to it than just fast instruments.  And this is another really good band that although they can play really fast, have a lot more to their music than that.  In actual sound nothing alike, but I guess you could kind of say they take the same approach to music as X Japan.  I dunno, maybe I'm just being dumb like always.

: Would you jump off a bridge just because everyone else was doing it?
A: Yes, because the pile of bodies would break my fall.