• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Films/TV Shows that have made you cry

BizKiTRoAcH · 6114

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
on: June 01, 2007, 02:04:47 AM
Ok, so I think everyone should post a list of what films or tv shows have made them cry. I'll go first:

My Sassy Girl - The train scene near the end made me sad :(
Windstruck - How could I not cry when one of my favourite X songs, "Tears", starts playing??
...ing - I still cry when I watch this and i've seen it about 10 times. When the main guy (forgot his name) walks past the shops advertising trips to hawaii and he breaks down.. that just ripped my stomach out right there.
Brotherhood (Taegukgi) - Quite a few scenes in this but the main one was when old Jin-seok was leaning over his brothers bones and was asking "why didnt you come back to me? i've been waiting 50 years". That had me going quite bad
1 Litre of Tears - I'm not a fan of J-Drama at all but I did make it through this and enjoyed it. There were so many sad moments but the one that got me the most was when Aya left the school after hearing all the classmates saying she was a burden.. and then they all ran out and sang to her.. that was such a sad moment  :cry:
Pokemon: The First Movie - Like I mentioned in the other topic, it was the soundtrack that hit me more than the actual scene.. but of course that music wouldnt have been as sad if something happy had happened.
Bullet in the Head - Its been so long since i've seen this and I cant remember the exact scene I cried but I think it was when one of the main guys was talking to his old friend (who was coked up on drugs and mentally retarded) and he started crying because he was upset.. that set me off aswell :P

that'll do for now. There are more.. but i'll let others post!

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 07:17:32 AM
Ok, now I have to recall every damn film/show I've ever seen  :?

Let's see...
Movies:
Philadelphia...overall with a very sad tone, end is saddest.
Pay It Forward...the end is one of the saddest I've ever seen, the music adds a lot to the emotion.
Brokeback Mountain...I so thought I wouldn't cry but I was wrong in the end. I could keep my tears back until: Jack, I swear...  :cry:
Last Samurai...several deaths were sad, but the moment where all the samurai ran towards the military, duh.
Equilibrium...where Preston's crying on the street.
The Emperor's Assassin...brilliant and very moving.
The Passion Of The Christ...This was the only film I could hardly bear, I was crying throughout the WHOLE fricken movie. My mom did, too (even my brother did, and he hardly ever cries in movies)
Moulin Rouge...again the end.
Amadeus...Even though it starts very funny, it becmes darker and sadder towards the end.
Léon - The Professional... :cry:
Edward Scissorhands...the scene near the end where she's dancing in the snow.
Terminator 2...I don't know, I've always found the scene where he's sinking into the liquid metal very touching (the music adds a LOT to the atmosphere in that scene)
Interview with the Vampire...don't know which scene, but I remember myself crying.
When A Man Loves A Woman...for personal reasons I can retale very much to this movie, it was sad overall.

tv shows:
Lost...several moments were sad, first of all Boone's death (the episode he died and the one after that), before they took off with the raft in the finale, when Sun gives Jin that dicctionary she made for him and they say goodbye. Then the last death, Charlie's
Buffy...I can't recall every episode except for one, The Body. Joyce's death was done so realistic, especially the reactions of all the gang members.
X-Files...
ER...some of the erlier episodes were pure drama.

As I kid I cried over

Pokemon -The Movie...same scene as Lee, for the same reason  :P
The Lion King...now gusss what scene, hehe.
Actually almost every cartoon/movie where someone dies, I think  :lol:

RIP

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 12:46:02 PM
Quote from: "ferret"
Buffy...I can't recall every episode except for one, The Body. Joyce's death was done so realistic, especially the reactions of all the gang members.

I knew I forgot something. That part and when buffy "died" at the end of season 5 or 6 by jumping off that tower into the big ball of death (or whatever it was) instead of having dawn jump in. I've got the buffy boxset so i'll have to rewatch at some point.

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 12:57:34 PM
Oh, I forgot Buffy's death, as well, that was really moving.

It was the finale of season 5.

RIP

Offline Silver_Rain

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lisa-sass.de
Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 01:36:38 PM
I love buffy...watched it a lot of times and yes, buffys and joice's death were sooo emotional, love that series for the deepness of the characters and the great storyline, guess there were a lot more moments that made me cry...or at least almost

ww.myspace.com/lisasass

Offline alex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 03, 2007, 03:43:15 AM
Hum... I find it hard to bring myself to cry for made-up stories, but movies such as Schindler's List just turn me upside down. I also agree about Tae Guk Gi, tears weren't very far away in the end, I remember I had problems falling asleep the night I saw it. It's always war movies that touch me for some reason, or just cruelty based on real events.

Man, there sure are a lot of Korean movies in your list. I used to watch em like mad earlier and there's really some damn nice quality from there but somehow they never make it to the cinema here. I remember I had problems taking My Sassy Girl seriously because the guy was so unrealistically super lame, but it was a good movie indeed.

Slightly off-topic but my favourite Korean stuff must be Park Chan-wook's trilogy about revenge. It just makes me wanna smile! I've never really experienced violence/torture feeling so right before!

Offline orac

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 03, 2007, 07:22:46 PM
Taiyou no Uta -  the whole movie
Taiyou no Uta -  the whole series
ichi ritoru no namida - the whole series
Crying Out Love, In The Center Of The World - the whole movie
Koukou kyoushi 1993 - the whole series
Yan Papa - the whole series
Maria - the whole series
Saikano Live Action - the whole movie

pretty much most j-doramas and j-movies I have seen.

img]http://www.freewebs.com/archonls/Images/OracBanner.jpg[/img]

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 03, 2007, 07:49:28 PM
Well, here goes the list:

MoonChild: this movie always gets me

Air: anime series and movie....the ending...*sobs*

Kanon: anime (both versions) have their very very emo scenes...really moving and touching

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 03, 2007, 09:33:31 PM
Quote from: "orac"
Maria - the whole series

why did you call 1 litre of tears by its Japanese name but the next one by its translated name? :P

Offline xScQ

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • We are U.N.I.T.E.D!
Reply #9 on: June 03, 2007, 10:05:36 PM
I can only remember ...ing. Streaming down like a waterfall. Even I was like what the hell. And then i went to take a piss and I was at it again!

Don't think i've ever let a tear since then. Maybe I was a bit EMO haha.

Offline Chloe

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: June 03, 2007, 10:23:50 PM
I don't cry easily. Can watch a lot of stuff and not blink at it. Was moved by two Final Fantasy movies, a little, and thought few things in NGE anime are interesting.

I felt sad for watching Ghost Dog movie, and a bit with watching Amadeus. That was sad how it ended. Just don't think I cried. No memory of crying. Does being moved count?

This be the Final Guidance.

Awake to yourself. We pray for you.

Offline orac

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: June 04, 2007, 02:18:25 PM
Quote from: "BizKiTRoAcH"
Quote from: "orac"
Maria - the whole series

why did you call 1 litre of tears by its Japanese name but the next one by its translated name? :P

lol, don't know, i originally knew 1 litre opf tears as ichi ritoru no namida, and the next one I only knew by that name, >.>

img]http://www.freewebs.com/archonls/Images/OracBanner.jpg[/img]

Offline Orkrist

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: June 05, 2007, 10:32:25 AM
Well, many movies can move me to tears if I am tired or sensitive enough while watching them. But at the moment I remember only couple of films that make me cry every time I watch them.

Green Mile - I saw this couple of years ago after reading the book, and God, how I cried! So much emotions and such in that film, and since that first time I've cried every time. Poor John Coffey, and poor Paul Edgecombe and his friends.

Moon Child - Absolutely one of the most moving films I've seen for a while. The friendship between Sho and Kei is really beautiful.

Edward Scissorhands - Now I feel really sensitive when I admit that I cry for Edward like a waterfall. His story is so damned sad that I can't help it.

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: June 05, 2007, 01:11:12 PM
Quote from: "Orkrist"
Green Mail - I saw this couple of years ago after reading the book, and God, how I cried! So much emotions and such in that film, and since that first time I've cried every time. Poor John Coffey, and poor Paul Edgecombe and his friends.

Its the Green MILE, not mail :P and yes, I can add that to my list. I was a kid when I watched it but it made me cry. I'll have to rewatch it sometime :D

Offline Orkrist

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: June 05, 2007, 03:17:30 PM
... I really see that I shouldn't write posts when I'm tired and confused. My mistake.

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: June 25, 2007, 11:12:48 AM
After having rewatched season 1 of Buffy, I'd like to add another scene

RIP

Offline Cruor

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: June 25, 2007, 10:04:11 PM
Grave Of the Fireflies

Made me depressed. The only anime that made me depressed

url=http://www.last.fm/user/SuYen/?chartstyle=listen] [/url]

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: June 26, 2007, 01:06:33 AM
Quote from: "ferret"
After having rewatched season 1 of Buffy, I'd like to add another scene

That is sad, but not sad enough to make me cry.

oh, and the horny male in me was thinking "SWEET JESUS SHE IS SO F'N SEXY  :shock: "   so that might explain the lack of sadness on my part :lol:

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: June 26, 2007, 08:20:12 AM
I totally understand, it's hard to hold back your hornyness and appreciate the acting...sometimes  :P  (or very often on BTVS)

Quote from: "Cruor"
Grave Of the Fireflies

Made me depressed. The only anime that made me depressed

Shoot, how could I forget that one? This anime broke my heart  :(

RIP

Offline dianne_dejarjayes

• Big fan
  • ~Bring X JAPAN to INDONESIA~
    • View Profile
    • Dianne Dejarjayes
Reply #19 on: June 26, 2007, 10:36:58 AM
for me....
Rose of Versailles-- made my bed become tears river  :oops:
One Litre of Tears-- made me cry and made me stronger too
Moon Child
Endless Love
Beautiful Life
Tegami

for now I just remember that  :oops: I think I have a lot of more, but I forget the tittle  :oops: