X Freaks Forum

News:

• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

1994 Tokyo dome concerts get official dvd release in July!!!

XXX · 38689

Offline Kihl

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: May 20, 2007, 02:04:34 PM
So in all there is three 'versions' of Longing,

Setsubo No Yoru: Night of Longing, the 'Longing' that is also in EM II

Togireta Melody: Unchained Melody

Fumikireta Melody: Interrupted Melody. I think I have heard some live versions of Longing with different lyrics to the one found in Togireta, it's the 72 min specials I think.

Which is great since I really like this song.

I just hope it is really uncut, hoping to see the full Acoustic performance of "Rose Of Pain' and Toshi's solos.  :)

Love will Find a Way

This the Line you Used to Love

Do you Still believe that?

Offline XXX

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: May 20, 2007, 02:05:04 PM
Quote from: "darkcat21"
But, for example... the 1994 lives were recorded by X Japan and the people that helped the band, on the indie era was different, I don't think they own the copyright of some of the lives.

Copyright?! In their indie era they were on Yoshiki's own label, extasy records.
He could release EVERYTHING from the indie era if he wants to!
Quote from: "Kihl"
I think I have heard some live versions of Longing with different lyrics to the one found in Togireta, it's the 72 min specials I think.

That is the version they performed in Tokyo Dome 1994, so we will se it on
the new dvds. "Live without you, I'll be without you..."
Haven't you been on my youtube page? :P I have posted a video from
Tokyo Dome 1994 where they sing that song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gp6GzrJ7Q8

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: May 20, 2007, 02:21:02 PM
I mean the lives, most of the lives were recorded by people from the audience.

hi there

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: May 20, 2007, 02:58:35 PM
That's what I mean! They can't release stuff from indies era because all the things recorded were bootlegs.

hi there

Offline Hurley

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: May 20, 2007, 03:08:32 PM
That's what I mean! They can't release stuff from indies era because all the things recorded were bootlegs.

All the recordings you have seen. Yoshiki might have lots of recordings we don't know about ;P

Mod color o' mine

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: May 20, 2007, 06:36:32 PM
Anyway, it seems that The Last Live is going to be released again (complete version).

hi there

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: May 20, 2007, 06:54:20 PM
Anyway, it seems that The Last Live is going to be released again (complete version).

I really hope so. The ending is sooooooooo emo, but sooooooo great <3

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: May 20, 2007, 07:13:03 PM
It's not a matter of hoping that it's true:
http://item.rakuten.co.jp/s-premium/gnbl7001

It says that there.

hi there

Offline Maverick

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: May 20, 2007, 07:32:03 PM
Err, darkcat, that's not the Last Live, that are the "Blue Night, White Night" concerts from 1994. Actually, the topic of that thread... 8)
And I'm for 1000% sure that the Last Life will NEVER be re-released complete, if at all...

Everywhere there flows...... BLUE BLOOD!!

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: May 20, 2007, 07:41:21 PM
In that page if you go down you'll see that they say that the Blue Night and White Night releases are the first of more, and that the Last Live complete will be released soon.

hi there

Offline xScQ

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • We are U.N.I.T.E.D!
Reply #40 on: May 20, 2007, 07:45:32 PM
In that page if you go down you'll see that they say that the Blue Night and White Night releases are the first of more, and that the Last Live complete will be released soon.

今後、「THE LAST LIVE 完全版」も弊社からの発売が決まっている!

Offline Maverick

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: May 20, 2007, 07:50:56 PM
Quote from: "xScQ"

今後、「THE LAST LIVE 完全版」も弊社からの発売が決まっている!

Ah, I see - then sorry for this... anyways cannot imagine that the Last Song will be in it, tho there is written the complete concert...

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: May 20, 2007, 07:55:48 PM
If they release the Last Live again and its NOT complete, Yoshiki can go fook himself. I'm not paying for another incomplete version of it

Offline Maverick

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: May 20, 2007, 08:00:42 PM
Quote from: "BizKiTRoAcH"
If they release the Last Live again and its NOT complete, Yoshiki can go fook himself. I'm not paying for another incomplete version of it

We will see - it's just my feeling... And to be honest - I'd go crazy when he really releases it with that f**** Last Song!! I mean that song is good - in musical matters, but that is something what the X the hell does NOT need - not, yet.
I'm already peeved that it is existing...

Offline Crows In Black

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: May 20, 2007, 10:34:57 PM
What was the purpose of releasing The Last Live DVD and cutting a few songs out in the first place?

I just wish he would release the 1994 shows already, thats the only era we have no official dvd's or even bootlegs of.

Offline Maverick

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: May 20, 2007, 10:37:48 PM
Quote from: "Crows In Black"
What was the purpose of releasing The Last Live DVD and cutting a few songs out in the first place?

I just wish he would release the 1994 shows already, thats the only era we have no official dvd's or even bootlegs of.

There anyways would be some songs which aren't shown on the DVD, yet.
I mean only that single song!
and... huh? He releases the 1994 shows... or what do you actually mean?

Offline XXX

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: May 20, 2007, 11:07:40 PM
On the webpage darkcat posted I found a piece of text which looked interesting,
so I used the excite translator on it:
Live of this falls and YOSHIKI falls from the set stand of the stage to the reason why popularity is high (It is said the legend) while rehearsing the day before it performs. It is carried the ambulance, and upper right three rupture of the muscle. The rehearsal was continued on that night though it was a diagnosis of the doctor named the strictly confined to bed, and the fan was enchanted by the performance with a powerful performance at the two days later the next day.

This means we will see some sort of footage where Yoshiki got hurt?

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: May 21, 2007, 04:27:47 PM
I like The Last Song. Its nice  :D

Offline XXX

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: May 21, 2007, 05:48:31 PM
@PanthereNoire: Now I think you're a bit pessimistic.
What has happened has happened. You can't dig in the past forever.
Be glad instead, that Yoshiki and Toshi will probably work together again.

Offline Maverick

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: May 21, 2007, 07:02:50 PM
Quote from: "Babak"
It is very nice, so is The Last Live. There couldn't have been any better ending for an incredibly famous band like X-Japan.  They let the fans know that this was the last live they were having, they let the fans know that it was the last song they were writing. Much rather that than abruptly breaking up in the middle of a tour.

Besides, they're coming back together now anyways. Even though it's not 100% the same X-Japan that broke up 10 years ago, they're back. Or at least will be.

It wasn't the same X already when Taiji left, it wasn't the same when Jun an Hikaru left, it wasn't the same when Tokuou left.... X has many faces but always the same core!

I'd have liked a kind of "open end" much more, as well. I'm happy that Yoshiki was able to turn it that way, that only 'one chapter' of X was finished, but at least not the whole X...

Offline XXX

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: May 21, 2007, 08:18:22 PM
You were where? At the last live? I wish I had been there!
And don't worry, they will never play the last song again.
That song was meant for the last live, which won't be their last live much longer! haha
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 07:07:29 AM by Maverick »

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: May 22, 2007, 12:47:32 AM
Well, I didnt grow up listening to X. I wasnt there to experience anything. I just have the stuff i've bought and downloaded. To me, its just another song they performed. Whether it was against their will or not, I like the song and I think The Last Live was an amazing concert. I've seen it in full about 8 times and i've skipped through and listened to my favourite songs god knows how many times. If they were forced to do it... if they were forced to write The Last Song when they didnt want to.. if it was all against their will.. they still put 110% into the performance of that song and the whole concert and I love every minute of it :D

Offline XXX

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: May 22, 2007, 11:16:43 AM
@PanthereNoire: Ok, I understand. If they were forced to do the last live against
their own will, that is really bad. Maybe the concert shouldn't have been done,
but I say the same as earlier: Stop digging in the past! It can't be changed. :P
And they did a fantastic job on stage that night, as always.
But of course there is a lot more happiness in their earlier performances.

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: May 22, 2007, 01:06:51 PM
I think this is completely wrong. It hasnt robbed them of anything. THEY are the ones who decide if they want to reunite. No-one else. Other people might pressure them into it but at the end of the day, they decide what happens. If they want to reunite, they will do it. If they dont, they wont. This might not have been the case during the last live but if they want to reunite now, they will do it
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 07:08:29 AM by Maverick »

Offline Maverick

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: May 22, 2007, 05:34:12 PM
You will never know what would have happened, if there wasn't a Last Life at least, but, to be honest, I don't think Yoshiki would have talked to Toshi even without the Last Life. May be Toshi would have grabbed earlier the chance to talk to Yoshiki, yes. But in the other hand I'm also not sure of this since I read how Toshi reacted when anyone from the X management came to talk to him... which in that case is possibly also the conclusion that with the Last Life he was somehow "thrown out" of X....
The fact, that the Last Song and actually the Last Life as well is pissing me off is, because in the first line Yoshiki didn't want it! And no matter what others say - and I know there are many fans who love the Last Life - in my eyes it is just shit!

In that case I even don't care about cultural differences - to me it has an affect as if the end really was forced, and the fact, that Yoshiki still said and says "X is my life", it makes the situation even more hurting, because the Last Life expresses the 'end' end which never should have happened - no matter if it was a final end, or just a stop to go on later.

And it's just a feeling, but I really believe that the reunion will happen.

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: May 23, 2007, 12:55:50 AM
What is this "better solution"?

The way I see it (and I'm talking in the future now, not the past) is that there WILL be a reunion if the band members agree to it. I cant see how The Last Live changed anything. Toshi was leaving the band regardless of whether there would be a Last Live or not.. and as we have seen, The Last Live has not put a stop to a possible reunion.. All it did was delay the possibility.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 07:09:05 AM by Maverick »

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #56 on: May 23, 2007, 02:34:01 PM
Somehow, I saw that one coming.

Pony rocks!

Offline Crows In Black

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: May 23, 2007, 06:30:02 PM
:roll:

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: July 01, 2007, 10:27:23 AM
only 25 more days ^_^!!!

Offline xScQ

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • We are U.N.I.T.E.D!
Reply #59 on: July 01, 2007, 12:36:23 PM
Hopefully it will be shipped out 2 days early again so I will receive it on the release date!