• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Lee Kyung Won Covers

BizKiTRoAcH · 2787

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
on: May 15, 2007, 11:42:21 PM
Now this is how you cover an X Japan song. This guy is amazing on guitar. He only done a few X covers but all the songs he's done have been great.

Endless Rain Acoustic
Kurenai Acoustic
Rusty Nail Acoustic
Forever Love (Electric guitar but played acousticly)
Kurenai Electric Guitar
Silent Jealousy Electric Guitar
Weekend Electric Guitar
Blue Blood Electric Guitar

Some might not like his electric guitar covers as he improvises a bit but I think his improvisations are excellent. Weekend is probably my favourite one.

Non-X:
Parodius ST5

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 05:43:28 AM
This guy is too amazing :D

He's like Pata #2 :D

This is my administrator color.

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 06:24:16 AM
Even though I've been enjoying his 'covers' for a long time now, I don't really like them. Technique wise, they're da bomb.
But I'm not a fan of adding something here, and adding something there, and in the end you can only guess what song it was supposed to be.
I mean hey, everybody makes a cover his/her way, but he really has no need to add those pieces which rather destroy the song for me becuase it's simply too much. Plus, it looks (or sounds) like showing off, and that guy really doesn't need that.

I think he should stop doing covers and concentrate on self written stuff.

RIP

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 10:32:32 AM
I like them because X Japan play their own songs the best. As much as I like covers, playing songs note-for-note is a bit pointless in my opinion. Maybe if you are playing it live at a concert but not if you are sitting at home recording a video for youtube. I'd much rather just listen to the X Japan version. I think its always good to add your own little twist to it and make it unique.

He didnt have vids for them but he also did a bit of Art of Life and Blue Blood (without improvisation):

LeeKyungWon_ArtOfLife.mp3
LeeKyungWon_BlueBlood.mp3

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 11:29:20 AM
Yeah, I like it when people add their own style while playing covers but playing parts of the song exaxctly like the original and then adding parts and pieces just to make it sound overloaded doesn't seem very original to me. I wouldn't mind a COMPLETELY overdone version of, let's say Week End, tho.
On the contrary, I think a live concert is the perfect place to improvise a bit, especially when it comes to solos (even though, IMO, it seems like it's not that easy since Yoshiki's songs seem to be too tightly (?) structured to let that much improvisation happen).
And playing note by note is at least some good practice  :wink:

Haven't heard the AoL and BB, yet...

RIP

Offline Azak

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 03:56:29 PM
hehe hes a very famous guitar player... and professional player too , compared to us that just play for fun at home.. its a big difference

url=http://userbars.org][/url]