• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Luna Sea

crazy bitch · 53572

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #120 on: August 24, 2010, 08:16:59 PM
and world wide live stream via ustream...now thats what we need/want/like!!!

shane140

Reply #121 on: August 24, 2010, 09:38:37 PM
argh, I don't think I can wait seven more days XD

Offline LunaSlave

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #122 on: August 25, 2010, 04:03:13 AM
What a bunch of teases! instead of actually making the announcement on the 25th, they hype things up for weeks, with the big announcement that they're going to make an announcement at the end of the month! GAH! I love Luna Sea but they're driving me crazy in anticipation! lol

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #123 on: August 25, 2010, 02:10:57 PM
hehe...buts its nothing compared to the hying and teasing of X Japan :P

Offline MiXu

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #124 on: August 25, 2010, 06:30:52 PM
Heyyy Luna Sea should be in the "other projects"-topic because Sugizo's now a official member!
Sorry I'm new here and right away complaining.. XD that's me

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #125 on: August 25, 2010, 10:22:21 PM
Moved! :)

This is my administrator color.

Offline MiXu

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #126 on: August 26, 2010, 04:40:41 PM
Great! I actually think that Luna Sea are very, very underrated. But maybe they'll catch some attention with this reboot stuff and everybody will notice how great they are :). And I seriously hope that theyll have better luck with their reunion than X did.. :P I think you know what I mean.

Offline MiXu

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #127 on: August 31, 2010, 08:40:35 PM
Luna Sea world tour announced! :P U can watch details here http://www.indivisual.asia/en/4954#EN
I'm so excited! And why I feel like that I'm the only one here interested in Luna Sea?

shane140

Reply #128 on: August 31, 2010, 08:50:15 PM

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #129 on: January 26, 2012, 08:15:52 PM
Don't know if it has been posted before but Luna Sea will release a new single on march 21st. The songtitle hasn't been revealed yet, but the song is over 20 minutes long, so I'm really looking forward to it. It will be released as a normal CD, SACD, HQCD and as a set with all the types included + a DVD http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=YIZQ-10224

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #130 on: February 21, 2012, 03:16:58 PM
Source

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTDJjAnWuPs[/youtube]

I sooo can't wait to hear the song.  :)

Offline Niwatorinator

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #131 on: February 21, 2012, 04:51:39 PM
Looking forward to this one, it has the potential to be awesome!

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #132 on: February 21, 2012, 05:42:07 PM
Yeah, I really hope so. And I'm confident that they won't let us down. ;)

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #133 on: March 23, 2012, 07:20:40 PM
CD arrived today and it sounds really good. :)

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #134 on: March 23, 2012, 07:33:27 PM
Listened to this song about 4 times now and it has definitely grown on me since the first listen or two. I think comparing it to Art of Life is no the best idea...the only similarity in my opinion is that they both are longer than the average song. The One is really soothing and very much Luna Sea...but I dislike how broken and separated the song feels. It's like 3 or 4 small songs put together. The beginning and ending are my favourite parts.

Offline Wick

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #135 on: March 24, 2012, 01:04:31 PM
sorry to say but I suddenly became more positive about songs like born to be free :P

Lets hope Sugizo can put all his creativity in Luna Sea so he'll listen to Yoshiki when he's playing for X Japan haha
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 01:08:51 PM by Wick »

The true Way of sword fencing is the craft of defeating the enemy in a fight, and nothing other than this. If you attain and adhere to the wisdom of my strategy, you need never doubt that you will win.

Miyamoto Musashi

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #136 on: March 24, 2012, 06:16:43 PM
Listened to this song about 4 times now and it has definitely grown on me since the first listen or two. I think comparing it to Art of Life is no the best idea...the only similarity in my opinion is that they both are longer than the average song. The One is really soothing and very much Luna Sea...but I dislike how broken and separated the song feels. It's like 3 or 4 small songs put together. The beginning and ending are my favourite parts.
Yup, agree with everything you said!

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #137 on: March 26, 2012, 08:57:18 PM
sorry to say but I suddenly became more positive about songs like born to be free :P

Lets hope Sugizo can put all his creativity in Luna Sea so he'll listen to Yoshiki when he's playing for X Japan haha

Haha, well, although I don't know who wrote the most of that song, I guess we can agree on that Sugizos songwriting and guitarplaying may not be your cup of the tea ;) But maybe you'd like this one of his solo songs: Enola Gay. If Yoshiki would have wanted to go more into the metal direction he probably should have gotten someone like Teru, Hizaki, masa or Panther ;)

And speaking of The one, just listened to the songs a couple of times today when I went to work and I really start to get more and more into the song.

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #138 on: March 26, 2012, 10:21:59 PM
Yoshiki has already stated that his preference or direction for X Japan now is "edgy". So edgy, hard rock. I think we can kiss any hopes of pre-dahlia style metal songs goodbye. I've accepted that fact and don't really mind what they are doing now; I really like Jade a lot.

Offline xjokerx

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #139 on: March 27, 2012, 04:30:26 AM
Yoshiki has already stated that his preference or direction for X Japan now is "edgy". So edgy, hard rock. I think we can kiss any hopes of pre-dahlia style metal songs goodbye. I've accepted that fact and don't really mind what they are doing now; I really like Jade a lot.

Jade is alright, Born to be free is meh to me, it's like an anime theme sound...

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #140 on: March 27, 2012, 05:52:22 AM
We haven't heard the full studio version yet so it's too early to pass judgement. Remember Jade in its early days? It was horrid...now it's awesome.

Offline xjokerx

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #141 on: March 27, 2012, 09:37:12 AM
We haven't heard the full studio version yet so it's too early to pass judgement. Remember Jade in its early days? It was horrid...now it's awesome.

hmm maybe...*shrugs*
I don't have high hopes again with X Japan
Like Jade, I wouldn't call it awesome...but that just me though...
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 09:39:47 AM by xjokerx »

Offline Wick

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #142 on: March 27, 2012, 10:46:22 PM
@ Matthias, I listened to The One again and that solo song of Sugizo. You're right, it's not my cup of tea but if it is played in the background it's ok.
I don't know why you guys like it. I think it's really different from X Japan's music. I can't listen X Japan when I need to study for instance but with Luna Sea it's better not to focus on the music. If I do I get like wtf is this transition?! I still like some songs of Luna Sea like "Another" (perhaps because its sounds like stairway to heaven :P)

I like IV the most of X Japan's new songs because it was quite special just after their reunion and the fact they used a riff from hide. Jade is pretty catchy but I'm not so fond of the solo and the bridge reminds me of a cartoon I used to watch as a child...anyone else knows Alfred Jodokus Kwak? lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UKQVlOxgO4&feature=related This one about 1:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e10d5x8RxsI Jade at about 1:20

The true Way of sword fencing is the craft of defeating the enemy in a fight, and nothing other than this. If you attain and adhere to the wisdom of my strategy, you need never doubt that you will win.

Miyamoto Musashi

Offline andy.

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #143 on: November 16, 2012, 02:57:04 PM

"the language barrier doesn't exist in great music."

Offline nage

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #144 on: March 08, 2014, 05:42:42 AM
I got into Luna Sea again recently. They're amazing. <3

May X be with you!

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #145 on: March 08, 2014, 10:41:04 PM
Haha, Luna Sea is like a band i constantly listen to and enjoy without any drama. well, or i am just not payjng attention. xD Sometimes I am surprised I know so little about them eventhough they are one of my favourite bands... @_@ They deserve more attention...

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline Drsrh

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #146 on: March 08, 2014, 11:29:18 PM
Have you guys heard their new album? It's pretty fantastic, and makes me sad that X Japan can't do half the things they've done since they've reunited (Several DVD/Blu-ray releases of new concerts, new songs and album, etc.) They're also one of the few bands that I think sound better live post reunion than before.

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #147 on: October 21, 2017, 05:17:49 PM
At the end of the year Luna Sea will release their new album 'LUV'. While I didn't love every song from their last record it was still a decent record and some songs I really like, i.e.

Rogue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYo472fnrOs

so I'm still looking forward to their new album.

Teemeah

Reply #148 on: October 21, 2017, 05:22:10 PM
Somehow I cannot get used to their singer's singing style. It just hurts my ears. :D Not sure why. But there are a few songs I like. I will definitely check it out. Sugizo's new solo album is coming soon, too.

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #149 on: October 21, 2017, 05:30:16 PM
Ryuichi's singing stlye I got used to pretty quick, whom it really took me a while is Kamijo (and masa lol).

With Ryuichi the only thing I'd complain (and that's way too hard of a word) is that his voice (or the way he uses it) changed a lot from his early days. For example compare the same song from
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5O-zcbVPq8
to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65mxsvRbhkw
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 05:31:53 PM by Matthias »