• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

yoshiki swan lake piano solo

himurakenshin · 7815

Offline himurakenshin

• Rookie
    • View Profile
on: July 09, 2006, 12:48:38 AM
why does Yoshiki's piano solo of swan lake sort of fade out and in at a certain point, like a part of it was cut out?

Offline xScQ

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • We are U.N.I.T.E.D!
Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 10:00:02 PM
It does fade out on purpose. Also on the video. The only thing I can think of is it being cut just for time.. Who knows what reason there could be. This happens more often than you think.

There is also a fade out in the V2 - Virginity concert (Both audio and video, just like Hametsu ni Mukatte) when Yoshiki and Komuro play a piano 'battle.'

And if you have the Live Live Live CD at hand, you can also hear (or better, notice) that the acoustic version of Rose of Pain stops at the point where hide would play his guitar again with a fast riff in the original. (While in the concert; Tokyo Dome 'White Night' the verse IS played)

So all I can think of as a reason is the time. Maybe in reality it was a really long piano play, and they couldn't fit it all on the video/audio CD.
Best bet is to ask yoshiki hehe.

I hope that helped.

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 11:51:22 AM
Is there actually a version that includes the full piano solo?
I've never listeed nor watched the full one.

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 02:38:45 PM
yeah I noticed it myself that a part of swan lake was cut out... i was so disappointed since it's the best part of the swan lake overture!!

I think if it was cut out cause of time it's a bit stupid... the overture is not longer than 2.46!! cutting it down to a minute (or something like that) is not really SO important for the time

maybe he played wrong ^__^

„All images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.“

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 07:23:30 AM
Quote from: "Sirimono"
maybe he played wrong ^__^

OMG NOES POOR YOSHIKI'S GIANT EGO.

XD

My friens was so amazed by the awesomeness of this solo that she smashed her head against the wall multiple times.

Offline Overdose

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 01:57:19 AM
I never noticed that it cut out, I wonder if I have the full one on dvd.

Offline UVER

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 02:50:09 PM
And if you have the Live Live Live CD at hand, you can also hear (or better, notice) that the acoustic version of Rose of Pain stops at the point where hide would play his guitar again with a fast riff in the original. (While in the concert; Tokyo Dome 'White Night' the verse IS played)

Old post I know, but isn't Pata the one playing that fast riff ?

Offline Belle & Sebastian

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 28, 2008, 03:11:07 PM
My friens was so amazed by the awesomeness of this solo that she smashed her head against the wall multiple times.

how bloody stupid is that, oh my god... let's all smash our heads against the wall multiple times, because x japan are so great!

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 28, 2008, 06:00:29 PM

how bloody stupid is that, oh my god... let's all smash our heads against the wall multiple times, because x japan are so great!
fangirl genocide please :(

hi there

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 30, 2008, 04:15:53 PM
^ dude, chill. She's not a die-hard fangirl, and a really nice girl. Don't say bad things about people you don't know.

Back ontopic now.