• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Fernandes MG-120X Question

finndave · 5980

Offline finndave

• Rookie
    • View Profile
on: April 16, 2008, 10:06:53 PM
Hi there, just joined the forum. I'm a big X fan from Finland though I am technically also British but anyway...I have a question that I'm hoping someone can answer.

I was wondering if anyone would know where I could order a Fernandes MG-120X guitar overseas since I don't live in Japan. If anyone could help me I'd be grateful.

Thanks!

Offline Zwanster

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 10:12:16 PM
I got mine off eBay.

Offline Hurley

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 10:15:45 PM
Quote from: "finndave"
Hi there, just joined the forum. I'm a big X fan from Finland though I am technically also British but anyway...I have a question that I'm hoping someone can answer.

I was wondering if anyone would know where I could order a Fernandes MG-120X guitar overseas since I don't live in Japan. If anyone could help me I'd be grateful.

Thanks!

Try consuming your local music shop. They can usually order stuff from overseas.

Mod color o' mine

Offline finndave

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 01:48:21 PM
Well I live in a small town with only one music shop and I don't think they could order it..

I haven't seen one on Ebay for a quite a while either.  :(

Offline jigokugal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 02:29:06 PM
go out to bigger town and order form their shops/ ask them to order overseas. erm.. i don't know how far your town is from big city  :roll:

jigokugal

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 04:00:11 PM
Well it won't hurt to ask your local shop, even if it is small, it HAS to order from somewhere... It just might happen that they can order what you want as well...

This is my administrator color.

Offline VioletCamicat

• Die-hard fan
  • Beware of the toxic kitten!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/violet_camicat
Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 11:29:37 PM
Quote from: "Hypno"
Well it won't hurt to ask your local shop, even if it is small, it HAS to order from somewhere... It just might happen that they can order what you want as well...

... and even if they aren't able to order for you - maybe they could give you some hints. I think people who have a shop like this should have a tiny clue about that. ;)

mod mode

And out of the chaos I heard a voice telling me:
"Smile and be happy - it could have become worse!"
So I smiled and was happy... and it became worse

Offline finndave

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 09:24:46 PM
Well I have found out that there's a shop in the capital city that is the Fernandes retailer in Finland so I have sent them a e-mail asking them if they could order it from Japan and then send it over to my town. I still don't know how much it's going to cost but it'll probably be quite a lot...and I'm pretty much broke right now. So I guess I'll have to find a summer job or something and save up for the cash.

Offline Orbis

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 07:03:11 AM
So to help you Dave, it's SMI(Scandinavian Music Instruments) OY, which imports Fernandes' guitars and basses. However they happen to have only a few basic guitar models as well as bass models too. Only MG style guitar they have is MG-85C (the transparent acrylic model). They might be able to get other MG models as well, but it will be expensive, since they don't support any other MG-model than MG-85C.

http://www.smi-music.com/index.php

here's the website, so you can scroll through their offerings.

Week End, Week End, Week End, I'm at My Wit's End"