• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

The meaning of the songs.

X NUT · 3470

Offline X NUT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
on: February 18, 2009, 02:10:05 PM
Does anyone know what each X-Japan song is about. It would be great if someone could write up a list of all the songs explaining what each song is about. For example I've read that tears was written for Yoshiki's father. But I have no idea what the other songs are about.

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 07:08:57 PM
Just asking, but do you mean the big meaning behind the songs aka why the song was written, or only a summary of the lyrics.
The latter one can easily be accomplished, because translation of the songs are floating aroung the net.

Offline HarZy

• Fan
  • Sex, drugs and visual shock
    • View Profile
    • My Last.fm profile
Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 07:42:09 PM
Nothing else comes to my mind right now, but wasn't Without You about hide?

Offline X NUT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 08:35:52 PM
Menacia, I mean the big meaning behind the songs not the lyrics. Although the lyrics is part of knowing the meaning of the song, but most times I know the lyrics but don't know what the song is about.  So far I know that Tears is about Yoshiki's father and Without You is about hide.  What about Endless Rain?

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 08:54:41 PM
most of yoshiki's songs are always about his father tho, for example, rose of pain is about countess elizabeth báthory

hi there

Offline Ryo-Ohki

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 07, 2009, 04:29:57 PM
I think Longing is also about his dad... but it also fits hide.

This/these images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.

Offline X NUT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: March 07, 2009, 04:34:30 PM
Anyone know what Endless Rain is about?

Offline demonbefriender

• Fan
  • I think I am a banana tree
    • View Profile
    • My Livejournal
Reply #7 on: March 07, 2009, 08:47:55 PM
Interesting topic!

My brother and I have been wondering what Art of Life is about for the longest time. We've come up with a few "theories", but didn't Yoshiki once say it dealt with his own experiences? That throws us off a bit. (haha)

I always got the idea that Voiceless Screaming was about how Toshi had to overcome loneliness and depression by saying what's on his mind rather than letting others step all over him. (something like that) Throughout the song, he starts out alone, then starts to give into the "voiceless screaming" inside and speak out. And even when he's thrown back, he tries to move forward again.
That's what I got from it, at least! I'm not able to explain it very well, though. But, from what I know about Toshi, it makes sense to me.

Unfinished seemed pretty obvious to me from the start: about how he (Yoshiki or just a character in the song) loves a woman but knows that it would be best for her to leave; all he does is hurt her.
Again, that's what I got from it.

I think Stab me in the Back might be about some kind of sex and drug addiction, but I'm not sure. There are some things that throw me off.

Of course, all of those songs are in English; the songs written entirely in English are a bit easier to decifer, so that's probably why I don't have much of a clue about the ones in Japanese.  :D

GARBAGE DAY!

Offline 003chan

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: March 07, 2009, 09:03:13 PM
I always got the idea that Voiceless Screaming was about how Toshi had to overcome loneliness and depression by saying what's on his mind rather than letting others step all over him. (something like that) Throughout the song, he starts out alone, then starts to give into the "voiceless screaming" inside and speak out. And even when he's thrown back, he tries to move forward again.
That's what I got from it, at least! I'm not able to explain it very well, though. But, from what I know about Toshi, it makes sense to me.

Also I think that the text for Voiceless Screaming was written in the period, when Toshi lost his voice due to the surgery. Voiceless...
(interesting how Toshi only colaborated with Taiji...)

Offline HarZy

• Fan
  • Sex, drugs and visual shock
    • View Profile
    • My Last.fm profile
Reply #9 on: March 07, 2009, 09:24:37 PM
I think Stab me in the Back might be about some kind of sex and drug addiction, but I'm not sure. There are some things that throw me off.
IMO it's quite clear that Stab Me in the Back is about sex. :D
I'm having sex/wishing for six/I'm having sex/touch me, make me feel

Offline demonbefriender

• Fan
  • I think I am a banana tree
    • View Profile
    • My Livejournal
Reply #10 on: March 07, 2009, 09:51:44 PM
Also I think that the text for Voiceless Screaming was written in the period, when Toshi lost his voice due to the surgery. Voiceless...
(interesting how Toshi only colaborated with Taiji...)

Really? I didn't know that at all. I think I had heard something like that mentioned, but I never thought much about it.
I find that interesting too. I wonder why that is..

IMO it's quite clear that Stab Me in the Back is about sex. :D
I'm having sex/wishing for six/I'm having sex/touch me, make me feel

Well, obviously. xD I'm just unsure about the addiction part, I'd be scared if someone didn't know it was about sex in one way or another.

GARBAGE DAY!