• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

JADE

MIHO · 115118

Offline StarWarsArtist

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #300 on: March 17, 2011, 03:04:32 PM
ForeverFades, XvikyX, I'm glad both of you see where I'm coming from, even if we don't agree 100%!

And I definitely am still proud to stand under the X flag that unites us here in the first place! =)

IWillBeAStarWarsArtist.blogspot.com
xjapanrox.deviantart.com/gallery

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #301 on: March 17, 2011, 08:31:33 PM
@StarWarsArtist: I do agree with you in all points. I think it´s not o.k. making promises without end and do only keep a little part of them, it´s what I saw like I was starting listen to X back in 2008, and yes it may be right for same artists go along with their talent and skills and don´t need an audience, but not for X and defenitely not Yoshiki,

and by the way, if I listen to the lyrics of Jade it would be a wonderfull song to devote to the people in Japan and get donations for the rebuild of the destroyed areas, only my opinion

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #302 on: March 18, 2011, 04:24:51 PM

Ex denxdenx

Offline StarWarsArtist

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #303 on: March 18, 2011, 06:42:01 PM
http://www.jame-world.com/us/items-27652-jade.html

I am not even sure how I feel about that! haha Clearly the release date is off, but at least it's cataloged...

IWillBeAStarWarsArtist.blogspot.com
xjapanrox.deviantart.com/gallery

Offline peso

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #304 on: March 19, 2011, 01:22:06 AM
I've been thinking we might witness another Chinese Democracy. Of course I hope that's not the case but I've just got those kind of vibes lately

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #305 on: March 19, 2011, 01:52:02 PM
Oh, we defenitely are. The album was going to be released last summer, then Yoshiki said that if it wasnt released in 2010 he would commit harakiri, then they said spring 2011, then summer, then "late summer"... Also, for more than a year, he's been saying the album is at 80% and then we find out that they are only re-recording Toshi's parts. Plus, it took 2 years to finish Jade, it was first played in May 2009..

The Jade radioplay, the recorded PVs that it seems we'll never finally see, etc etc
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 01:53:38 PM by darkcat21 »

hi there

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #306 on: March 19, 2011, 05:17:23 PM
so you all say I´m a bit to optimistic expecting the release at X-mas? But if it goes like "Chinese Democracy" I´m finally hopefull, because I like the album, so let´s keep on waiting.............................................

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #307 on: March 19, 2011, 07:28:10 PM
Oh, we defenitely are. The album was going to be released last summer, then Yoshiki said that if it wasnt released in 2010 he would commit harakiri, then they said spring 2011, then summer, then "late summer"... Also, for more than a year, he's been saying the album is at 80% and then we find out that they are only re-recording Toshi's parts. Plus, it took 2 years to finish Jade, it was first played in May 2009..

Which is exactly why this new album is so damn confusing. If they were only recording Toshi's parts then this album would have been released a long time ago. I HOPE they are re-recording everything because production-wise the album will sound very weird and of awkward quality (Just listen to Vanishing Vision then play a Dahlia track to hear what I mean). The optimist in me is hoping they are simply writing MORE than the album but we'll see, I guess.

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #308 on: March 19, 2011, 09:04:31 PM
im not even going to get into Chinese Democracy (see my username! but godbless ChiDem, Axl, and NuGnr)

BUT

at this point, ill be super disappointing if we only get 4 new songs (IV, Jade, Born to Be Free, and Scarlet Love Song). I'm expecting this to completely be a new studio album. They can throw in a few oldies like Kurenai, Rusty Nail, and Tears. But really, 2 years... there's no reason for there not to be more than 4 new songs on it. Think about it, how lame would it be if this turned out to be an 80% greatest hits compilation. Even if the vocals or instruments are re recorded, we already have the originals which 90% of us will call superior anyways (with good reason). So I'm hoping for this to have a decent amount of new material. If not, there is no way these delays are justified. The only other thing is if they've written a lot and hope to make another album or 2 after this.

It kinda fuckin sucks though, both my favorite bands are totally useless right now. Axl is on one of his moments of silence with band members not knowing what the hell is going on, and Yoshiki... I have no idea what's goin on in his head either.

Damn...  :-\ at least I saw "GNR" and X last year!

ben

Reply #309 on: March 23, 2011, 07:05:23 AM
I don't have anything to add apart from I've enjoyed the studio clips of the song I've heard so far;

But axlroseX I know where you are coming from, X & GNR are the two bands I follow regularly and unfortunately yeah they are both difficult to keep up with due to continued delays, period of silence etc.

Actually now that I think about it, the situation with the 'new albums' from both these bands are similar. "Chinese Democracy" has come out yes (even though it was not packaged with the correct artwork, and may possibly even be missing songs that Axl wanted as part of a trilogy), but most of CD was made up of songs people would have been familiar with for close to 10 years, with only about 5 songs that were really 'new'.

Hopefully with X the album will be made up more than just 3 or 4 new songs rather than mostly re-recordings, otherwise as you said, it makes the delay unjustified.

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #310 on: March 23, 2011, 03:53:11 PM
yeah man. at least with chidem all of the songs were technically new songs. they were just played live and leaked before that. if half the new x album is songs like kurenai and endless rain then wtf. who the hell cares if they have english singing. a few i could understand considering its for us folk in the usa, but id still rather have at least 7-8 brand new songs. we already have 4, can 4 or 5 more be that hard?
this wont be another chinese democracy time wise. nothing will be, and nobody is as crazed as axl. but the similarities are there.

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #311 on: March 23, 2011, 03:57:00 PM
and ben have you seen the alt./ real chidem artwork? that booklet kicks ass!

ben

Reply #312 on: March 24, 2011, 07:52:34 AM
Maybe Yoshiki should join GNR? lol

I think that most people overseas interested in this new X JAPAN album are the large number of fans around the world who have already been following X for a long time, already heard the Japanese versions, or even in some cases, were inspired to learn more Japanese to understand the songs better. If they feel the need to re-record their own songs, why don't they keep it separate to new songs? Maybe one or two bonus tracks at the end of the new album, or even better, release a 2CD version of the new album, and put the re-recordings of 4 or 5 old songs on the second disc along with live tracks or remixes - so then the focus can be on 10 new songs.

Yeah I did see the real artwork, I liked it alot. I didn't think Axl should bother re-releasing CD, but now that I see what's missing, they should do it, even as a ITUNES only exclusive. Throw in a new song or two as well, that would be even better. But I'll save that conversation for mygnrforum lol

« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 07:55:44 AM by ben »

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #313 on: March 24, 2011, 08:33:50 AM
Maybe Yoshiki should join GNR? lol

two top dogs in a small square room - that won´t work long!
But yes, nice idea, very lol

ben

Reply #314 on: March 24, 2011, 09:17:46 AM
Sorry I know this is off the topic of "Jade", but you can hear from the sound of CD that, like many people said when they heard it, its multi layered almost like a film soundtrack with multiple guitar parts, strings, even multiple drum tracks at times. I think a collaboration between Yoshiki & Axl would have been something special. Just imagine them in the studio together, Yoshiki sitting in the leather chair in front of his piano, shyly playing with his hair, and Axl... I dunno.. probably running late lol.
(P.S before anyone attacks, this is just a joke because I respect both of them)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 09:19:20 AM by ben »

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #315 on: March 24, 2011, 09:00:56 PM
X Japan and Yoshiki are difficult to understand. Back in the days of Vanishing Vision, Blue Blood and Jealousy when X Japan were trying to break through and they had Sony on their arses to make sure things were released on-time they released a lot of music very quickly, even with delays created by Yoshiki's poor health at the time - but they had to literally drag Yoshiki by the scruff of the neck to push him towards dealines. In the run up to the release of Jealousy Yoshiki was unhappy with the album and refused Sony's deadline, so he locked himself in his apartment in LA and refused to leave, eventually the Sony executives broke his door down and dragged him kicking and screaming all the way back to Japan for the release and press launch. These days Yoshiki answers only to himself, because simply because he is a super-star and a made man - this is not good for fans who expect regular music releases.

IF this album is ever released, and not aborted, it will probably be a massive dissapointment to X Japan fans worldwide, with a couple of new songs we have already heard a thousand times and English lyrics slapped over the original recordings of old songs. Sorry to put it bluntly, but that's just how it's going to be.

Offline Neru

• Sunday Listener
  • Somewhere Between Here and There
    • View Profile
Reply #316 on: March 24, 2011, 09:19:36 PM
Unfortunately, I have to agree with Beauty here,X seems to be kind of lost in their own plans, they're trying to become international stars, while adapting to the times, this is a really hard thing to do in the world of music, Akira Takasaki for example lost his way during the grunge era and most of Loudness's charm started to fade away.

In my opinion when a musician starts to walk away from his/her "path" they should stop and stare for a while, and wonder if they are doing the right thing.
No doubt these are times of uncertanty to the band and just like Beauty also said, the golden age of X will not come back, X and specially Yoshiki should think if this is the path they want to the band to follow. Just like many of you I'm not confortable with the current situation but no matter the choices they make, I will believe on them till the very end.

The fact that I am a Copy of so many that I admire, makes me feel unique.

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #317 on: March 24, 2011, 09:48:31 PM
I liked his words
Neru is Beauty
I also believe the X-japan until the end

miss the time of hide

We are X

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #318 on: March 24, 2011, 10:08:13 PM
ben your on mygnrforum? whats your username? hahahaaha

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #319 on: March 24, 2011, 10:13:04 PM
and ironically i actually dig all the new tunes. i think that studio version of jade was fantastic and ranked up with the classics. I.V. has that killer chorus, and Born to be Free is a fun tune. I would love to see more melodic solos on a few. the shredding on Jade and BtbF is awesome, but i would really love to see Scarlet Love Song having a melodic, epic harmonized solo. As a throwback to classic X.

and yeah, Jade's production sort of reminds my of chidem. The main riff mimics Buckethead's "elephant noise" riff on Shackler's Revenge too.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #320 on: March 25, 2011, 08:58:36 AM
and ironically i actually dig all the new tunes. i think that studio version of jade was fantastic and ranked up with the classics. I.V. has that killer chorus, and Born to be Free is a fun tune. I would love to see more melodic solos on a few. the shredding on Jade and BtbF is awesome, but i would really love to see Scarlet Love Song having a melodic, epic harmonized solo. As a throwback to classic X.

and yeah, Jade's production sort of reminds my of chidem. The main riff mimics Buckethead's "elephant noise" riff on Shackler's Revenge too.

I like the new X, don't get me wrong - I personally think that X Japan returning and just putting out 8 minute double-kick-fuelled speed metal songs ala Silent Jealousy, Blue Blood and Dahlia would have been a mistake. In truth, Yoshiki was veering away from that style of writing anyway, even as far back as 1994, so I believe that people who were expecting those kind of old-style songs from the reunion were not really being realistic with their expectations.

As for Sugizo's guitar solos in Jade and Born to be Free, they're what I as a guitarist would call "chromatic", meaning that they're not really adhering to any scale or key. Sugizo is a little bit difficult to guage as a guitarist - during Luna Sea his solos tended to be pretty straight forward and melodic, which I think led a lot of people into doubting his true playing ability. With his continuing work in X, though, he's starting to show doubters that he's actually a far better player than his earlier work would suggest (even if he did screw up the Rusty Nail solo the first time he got to play it on stage XD)

It's cruel for me to laugh, but he seems to have no idea what he's doing and totally screws up:

He actually learnt it by the time they got to Toronto, though :P

« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 09:04:06 AM by Beauty/Broken »

Offline Neru

• Sunday Listener
  • Somewhere Between Here and There
    • View Profile
Reply #321 on: March 25, 2011, 11:36:02 PM
A couple of weeks ago I was wondering why didn't they play some old songs like the ones in VV and standing sex, I came to the conclusion that the themes and melody in those songs reflected the mentallity of the young X, where all they wanted was to be fast and loud, on the other hand Standing Sex and Orgasm seems to be a matter of maturity in my opinion , being 40+ years old musicians it may feel odd for them to play songs that talk about sexual intercourse (altough Orgasm was played in HK) and has international musicians they might not want to show that wild side anymore.

Maybe this songs are a reflex of X's maturity, they are not that young anymore and they don't think like they did back in the days, this is a new phase in X Japan.

The fact that I am a Copy of so many that I admire, makes me feel unique.

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #322 on: March 25, 2011, 11:51:17 PM
I wanted to see they playing  sadist desire, blue blood, rose of pain again

Offline GoskinsVT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #323 on: March 26, 2011, 12:09:11 AM
A couple of weeks ago I was wondering why didn't they play some old songs like the ones in VV and standing sex, I came to the conclusion that the themes and melody in those songs reflected the mentallity of the young X, where all they wanted was to be fast and loud, on the other hand Standing Sex and Orgasm seems to be a matter of maturity in my opinion , being 40+ years old musicians it may feel odd for them to play songs that talk about sexual intercourse (altough Orgasm was played in HK) and has international musicians they might not want to show that wild side anymore.

Maybe this songs are a reflex of X's maturity, they are not that young anymore and they don't think like they did back in the days, this is a new phase in X Japan.

this x1000. Although I would like to see them play their old stuff from time to time if for no other reason than to remember their roots.

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #324 on: March 26, 2011, 12:42:22 AM
For me it´s they can play whatever they want, the main point is, they play at all, so one can see that I get very modest by the time, and for this year I don´t see they playing in Europe :-\

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #325 on: March 26, 2011, 01:40:16 AM

I like the new X, don't get me wrong - I personally think that X Japan returning and just putting out 8 minute double-kick-fuelled speed metal songs ala Silent Jealousy, Blue Blood and Dahlia would have been a mistake. In truth, Yoshiki was veering away from that style of writing anyway, even as far back as 1994, so I believe that people who were expecting those kind of old-style songs from the reunion were not really being realistic with their expectations.

As for Sugizo's guitar solos in Jade and Born to be Free, they're what I as a guitarist would call "chromatic", meaning that they're not really adhering to any scale or key. Sugizo is a little bit difficult to guage as a guitarist - during Luna Sea his solos tended to be pretty straight forward and melodic, which I think led a lot of people into doubting his true playing ability. With his continuing work in X, though, he's starting to show doubters that he's actually a far better player than his earlier work would suggest (even if he did screw up the Rusty Nail solo the first time he got to play it on stage XD)

It's cruel for me to laugh, but he seems to have no idea what he's doing and totally screws up:

He actually learnt it by the time they got to Toronto, though :P

i was at the chicago gig! i was shocked when they started to do it live. even though he screwed up it sounded great being there in person!

anyways, i know sugizo is really good. im a guitar player too so i know what hes doing. i like both the shred and melodic solos (although ill honestly say i cant get into luna sea... his solos just dont grab me =/)

but im really looking forward to seeing what he and pata do on scarlet love song

ben

Reply #326 on: March 26, 2011, 01:44:34 AM
Beauty/Broken and Neru also, your posts were well written.

There is obviously a difference though in what I'd like and what is the most likely outcome. As frustrating as it gets having to wait, that's also the reason why I have more respect for musicians like Yoshiki and Axl who go by their own terms rather than just forcing music out or doing what people expect them to do.

I do like the new X songs I've heard so far. I still listen to "I.V" the most, "Jade" has grown on me, and "Born to Be Free", I admit doesn't do much for me but still nice to listen to. "Scarlett love song" I haven't heard enough of to judge.

axlroseX yeah i am on mygnrforum haha. my username there is ben9785. a few random numbers and year of birth at the end, its lame i know.. well ive been trying to change it but the moderators don't respond to my PMs haha. are you on there as well? what username you use?

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #327 on: March 26, 2011, 03:57:19 AM
im zosorose on mygnr. fun place haha

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #328 on: April 20, 2011, 02:13:07 AM
any news about this single? already delay for a month ....

Ex denxdenx

Offline autumnglitter

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #329 on: April 20, 2011, 06:07:55 PM
We'll probably hear Scarlet Love Song first ^_^