• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Your avatar...

Lucs · 14649

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
on: July 01, 2008, 01:04:34 PM
My question is simple... why did you choose this particular avatar ?

Most of the members here haven't change their avatar for more than 6 months. I'm just wondering why did you choose this particular pic of Yoshiki or Taiji (for example) ?

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 01:33:36 PM
umm I took this avatar when I was emo and had a fight with a friend... it says "solitude" and it was the way i felt...

btw. I made the avatar myself  :D  but i feel like i could change it soon

„All images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.“

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 01:43:09 PM
Because I just loved the original picture!

But I change my avatar 230843291821 times a year. Or so.

Offline leria83

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/r1canmam1
Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 02:06:31 PM
I was just looking for a good Ruki avatar and all the ones I tried to make weren't turning out as planned. I'll probably change it every once in a while though.

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 03:06:27 PM
I needed a nice hide picture for my avatar, so I picked one where he wore one of his best live outfits and photoshopped it a little ^^

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 03:13:12 PM
It's animated.
It's a blooper, I love bloopers.
It's cute.
It has Jackie Chan.
It has Yuen Biao.
It has Jackie Chan & Yuen Biao together.
Back then Yuen biao was hot as hell.
Did I mention that it was cute and a blooper?
Oh, and animated.

Yeah.

At the very beginning I used to have one of Taiji doing the "X" with a torch (form the Celebration PV), I might get back to that sometime.  :twisted:

RIP

Offline Skooter

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 03:37:46 PM
I just thought a Taiji avatar would be appropriate and of the ones I have, this one is my favourite. I made it a while ago to go with an old Livejournal layout of mine.

Offline Tordek42

• Absolute Destruction
  • Fan
    • View Profile
    • My Music
Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 03:52:58 PM
Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd and just a musical genius, RIP

This is my moderator colour

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 01, 2008, 04:43:37 PM
mine is pretty simple to explain, at least I think sooo.
At the memorial summit YOSHIKI was playing Pink Spider on piano, when staff member comes on stage and hands him hide's guitar.
At that moment I thought this was really a good and nice tribute.
i had expected YOSHIKI to pay some sad tribute to hide, but instead he played Pink Spider on guitar and almost sang the refrain.
A great moment if you ask me. Even better than the reunion lives, because those still had some air of sadness around them.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 04:45:02 PM
Because Spread Beaver re-united for the hide memorial, and that's awesome because they are awesome  :P

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 05:09:49 PM
Quote from: "Beauty/Broken"
and that's awesome because they are awesome  :P

seconded!! And chirolyn was as cool as always, even though i'd take hot, stylish Kiyoshi as avatar

„All images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.“

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #11 on: July 01, 2008, 05:59:34 PM
Jealousy is my favorite X album and era, and though I really like all the members I'm especially fond of Taiji.  And of all the X members he's the best representation of my own musical taste, since he was the guy who brought the sleaze rock and cowboy elements.  I wanted one with his tattoos showing since I like (and have) tattoos.

So, that's why I have Jealousy-era tattooed rock cowboy Taiji.  Plus I greatly prefer X to X Japan and I think a Taiji avatar makes that statement to some extent.

It's tan/sepia because it looks more cowboy that way, or something.

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #12 on: July 01, 2008, 06:22:12 PM
Actually, I wonder why I chose the one I have now, and almost everywhere I am. >_<

I think I just liked the contrast and that it is a short-hair picture on which Yoshiki actually looks at the cam. :)
Well, I don't realy know but it grew on me...
(I should get a new one, though)

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline VioletCamicat

• Die-hard fan
  • Beware of the toxic kitten!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/violet_camicat
Reply #13 on: July 01, 2008, 06:25:16 PM
Mostly the same as Hollywood said, though my favorite is much more the Blue Blood time. I like it fluffy and fuzzy, haha! :D
Yeah... I naturally chose Taiji, because... just because... obviously I like him most of the Xers, which doesn't mean that I don't like the others of course.

Why it's looking so awfully cute? :D You know this is a screenshot of Taiji's guest appearance in the Cats musical!
No, it isn't. I just photoshopped him kitty ears and turned the color to violet, because it was fitting to my nickname. I got the idea with the kitty ears instantly... I don't know, I looked at the picture and felt reminded of a kitten. Uhum... :oops:

Damn, didn't I resize my sig pic..? :mad: Sorry... it should be a little bit smaller actually. Yeah, but you still should buy Alice Cooper's new album - coming out soon! :D

mod mode

And out of the chaos I heard a voice telling me:
"Smile and be happy - it could have become worse!"
So I smiled and was happy... and it became worse

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #14 on: July 01, 2008, 09:06:40 PM
Well I'm gonna reply to my topic too :D

I changed like 4-5 times my avatar since I'm here I think.

I changed 2 days ago 'cause my wife begged me to remove the "viking" from my MSN avatar. The so called viking is the singer of the band Arkona (Russian band).

So I chose Misa Misa as she wanted someone japanese and I think that's about one of the only female Japanese that I know (not personnaly though lol) :D

There's no reason why I chose this pic instead of another. Just thought it was the best when I made some search.

I'm always amazed of how many Taiji fans are here. Before coming on the forum, I really thought he was already forgotten by almost everybody, well, I was wrong :D

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #15 on: July 01, 2008, 10:10:17 PM
Quote from: "Lucs"
I'm always amazed of how many Taiji fans are here. Before coming on the forum, I really thought he was already forgotten by almost everybody, well, I was wrong :D

I think he's kind of a "cult hero" thing-- from my experience people seem to either not know/not care/not like him OR they think he's fantastic and are really into him, with not much in between the two.  Though when I first found X Freaks I was shocked that there was a DTR subforum.  I honestly thought I was one of about 10 DTR fans on Earth, with the other 9 being in Japan. :P

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline Edside

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: July 01, 2008, 10:51:19 PM
Love Pink Floyd. (the avatar is from the Dark side of the moon cover). :twisted:

Offline SarahAlex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Reply #17 on: July 01, 2008, 10:55:24 PM
I though: "No one has your face/eye/whatsoever as an avatar yet, so go for it, girl!" :-D

SarahAlex - the devil's advocate

Offline Tordek42

• Absolute Destruction
  • Fan
    • View Profile
    • My Music
Reply #18 on: July 01, 2008, 11:01:51 PM
Quote from: "Edside"
Love Pink Floyd. (the avatar is from the Dark side of the moon cover). :twisted:

Good choice sir!!

Anyway, back on-topic, yea i already explained mine, but when I change it the first thing I'm gonna do is post here!!

This is my moderator colour

Offline Yzaleen

• Fan
  • ... In the Rain...
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: July 02, 2008, 11:00:50 AM
I choose this Heath avatar because at first I was about to take a yoshiki avatar but I realise that there isn't a lot of Heath avatar. So I choose him, and for this pics, it's just because I found him really cute at the Reunion concert he seems so happy and really good looking !!! And I photoshoped it a little !!!

Offline Matilda in Oz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: July 02, 2008, 12:03:02 PM
I drew a little stick figure X-in-concert picture recently and decided it would reflect my mood better than the serious hide face I had before. I love hide's face, though! But it was so so serious and I think it made my posts seem way more serious than they are. Not sure if that's true, though, but I'm keeping the stick figures. Two guesses on who's the bassist in the drawing  :wink: .  Suddenly that doesn't seem fair.  :?  Perhaps I should add another and have two bassists.

PanthereNoire

Reply #21 on: July 02, 2008, 01:52:01 PM
Quote from: "Menacia"
mine is pretty simple to explain, at least I think sooo.
At the memorial summit YOSHIKI was playing Pink Spider on piano, when staff member comes on stage and hands him hide's guitar.
At that moment I thought this was really a good and nice tribute.
i had expected YOSHIKI to pay some sad tribute to hide, but instead he played Pink Spider on guitar and almost sang the refrain.
A great moment if you ask me. Even better than the reunion lives, because those still had some air of sadness around them.

Actually, Yoshiki had said before the event, at the press conference at which they announced it, that he DIDN'T want it to be like a wake, but like a party. That hide liked to make people laugh and that he hoped everybody would be laughing and happy at the summit.

Back to topic, my avatar - obviously not an X member - is one I've had pretty much since avatars first appeared online. I choose a leopard because that's something like my totem, even though I'm not Native American and leopards aren't American animals either (if anyone wants to know the details, feel free to PM me). The reason the nick's "Panthere Noire" (black panther in French) even though it's not a black one is because of my liking of "film noir" and noir mysteries (Hammett, Chandler etc if anyone knows them) and black being my favourite colour to dress in. Actually, my second favourite colour after violet.

Offline Ryo-Ohki

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: July 05, 2008, 12:29:23 AM
Mine is one I got from LJ.  I like to have diffrent avitars...

My signature was made for me by a goo friend..

This/these images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.

Offline Artseeker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: July 05, 2008, 09:42:12 AM
I choose this avatar simply because Violet Uk is the project I'm looking forward to the most right now :wink:

Btw, Edside and Tordek42,you chose great avatars,Pink Floyd are gods.

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #24 on: July 07, 2008, 09:57:59 AM
Like cats.

Pony rocks!

Offline Envenom

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: July 07, 2008, 01:44:43 PM
Because Molly Hatchet fucking rock and are probably the manliest band in the world. Hell yeah.

http://www.myspace.com/sunrisehmsh

SUNRISE: the heavy metal benchpressing maniacs running wild!

Offline friday

• Moderators
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: July 08, 2008, 09:06:13 AM
Pata with no Les Paul, i couldn't say no. :D

MODERATOR'd!

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: July 08, 2008, 09:10:46 AM
Quote from: "friday"
Pata with no Les Paul, i couldn't say no. :D

And with pink-red-ish hair 8D

pinku_

Reply #28 on: March 06, 2009, 12:58:14 AM
My avatar is about vanity.

Offline Ryo-Ohki

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: March 06, 2009, 02:54:38 PM
Well... I had to change my avitar because well..

It's my kitten Prince Yoshiki when he was four days old... so hard to believe now that he ever fit in my hand like that.

This/these images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.