A swan only sings one time... [Yoshiki sings ANGEL]

Kasumi · 742

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr

I read the title and thought "no way, he didn't", but he did!

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 02, 2023, 09:59:29 PM
He trained generative AI on his speaking voice and used it to synthesise a pitch perfecting singing voice.

... Or this miracle is purely down to Yoshiki being shy for 40 years and is a big coincidence that AI voice synthesis technology has reached this level of advancement.

See this for reference. If generative AI can make a dead man sing, it can make Yoshiki sing too.

Offline Tahemet

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 02, 2023, 10:07:28 PM
He trained generative AI on his speaking voice and used it to synthesise a pitch perfecting singing voice.

... Or this miracle is purely down to Yoshiki being shy for 40 years and is a big coincidence that AI voice synthesis technology has reached this level of advancement.

See this for reference. If generative AI can make a dead man sing, it can make Yoshiki sing too.

I wish they had taken a Queen song for comparision.
It doesn't sound bad.
Actually like a good imitation, but at no point it reaches the depth , warmth, soul or smoothness of Mercury's voice. Interesting nonetheless

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #3 on: July 03, 2023, 10:47:02 AM
I don't care if he used AI or just trained a lot for this recording (I don't think it's live). I mean at the end of this day he has been a musician for a long long time. Should be able to hit some notes, right?

But I would love to know how he came to the conclusion that after refusing to sing for such a long time now is the time to sing? Was it because he wanted to promote ANGEL, but knew Toshi wouldn't come to sing it for him and he was just like "screw it I'm gonna f&@€€+ sing it myself then!" Or was there another motivation? If he just wanted to dedicate a song to his mother he could just play the piano... Like he always does.

Offline Tahemet

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 03, 2023, 01:25:53 PM
the video I saw is definitely not in sync with the lyrics

but yes, it is an interesting question why Yoshiki decided to sing now

whatever the motivation was...I still think he would rather opt to replace Toshi with Hyde is possible than sing himself "full time"

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 03, 2023, 06:23:20 PM
He probably did it because nobody wants to work with him anymore. Eveything he does is a shitshow and after milking hide's legacy for years, now he promotes the mourning for his mother.

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 03, 2023, 06:40:53 PM
Actually I prefer him not singing at all. Not because he's a bad singer, but it's just kind of weird.
I think Toshi must have laughed to dead by now.  LOL

Offline Tahemet

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 04, 2023, 07:06:59 AM
He probably did it because nobody wants to work with him anymore. Eveything he does is a shitshow and after milking hide's legacy for years, now he promotes the mourning for his mother.

if he just needed a singer, Beverly, Ashley or Katie surely would have been an option

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #8 on: July 04, 2023, 08:34:11 AM

if he just needed a singer, Beverly, Ashley or Katie surely would have been an option
True he could have asked one of them to sing. I would always prefer Toshi, but if Toshi is no option...