• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Toshi Live - Asakasa blitz

denx · 52835

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #150 on: March 07, 2010, 01:41:26 PM
Oh damnnn...I only had time to watch Unnamed Song now....T_T If I watch everything else that was posted while I ws sleeping I'll so be late in my meeting with my friends....>_<;;
But Unnamed Song was awesome...!! I wasn't sure what to expect when I heard Toshi sung it but I loved itttt....<3
(Now someone make him sing Amethyst too....)

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline tank

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #151 on: March 07, 2010, 01:46:18 PM
and Rosa, and I'll be your love, and Sex & Religion, and Blue butterfly, and Blind Dance, and evening rose, and true lies, and road to love....many many more!

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #152 on: March 07, 2010, 02:06:40 PM
If Yoshiki's going to continue his pointless VUK fashion show in the middle of an X concert he should have Toshi sing the songs instead of that girl (don't know her name), then again I want Toshi to conserve his voice for X's songs in a concert.

Offline tank

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #153 on: March 07, 2010, 02:11:16 PM
Perhaps it is time for Toshi to return Yoshiki a favor for supporting him all these while by helping Yoshiki with his first VUK concert.

shane140

Reply #154 on: March 07, 2010, 02:27:06 PM
(Now someone make him sing Amethyst too....)
That would be amazing!

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #155 on: March 07, 2010, 02:33:41 PM
Thank you for posting the You Tube links.  I downloaded the concert from DMM but, as I grizzled about before in previous posts, the quality is SHOCKING (sorry, I don't mean to shout!).  So, I am glad to have the You Tube postings.

Thanks again ;D

We are X!!!!!

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #156 on: March 07, 2010, 03:38:20 PM
toshi english in unnamed song quite good. unnamed song sounds awesome. toshi should sing amethyst as well

Ex denxdenx

Offline lucy_bkk

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #157 on: March 07, 2010, 05:27:18 PM
I like Toshi's mini album released on 09 Feb 2010.  total 4 songs are all very nice.  Toshi's voice is so clear and powerful.  He and Yoshiki made good team as usuaal.

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #158 on: March 07, 2010, 09:39:08 PM
very cool the show who knows a day the X launch an acoustic ouch by the front...
I liked some acoustics musics as Samurai japan rsrs......

Offline Ashura Shadow

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #159 on: March 07, 2010, 10:12:09 PM
Thanks everyone for the YT links!!
ToshI is definitely awesome. There's so much emotion around him when he sings... I wish I had been there. >_<

I'm at my wits' end.

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #160 on: March 07, 2010, 10:27:23 PM
That is really an unforgettable beautiful concert!!!

I listened again to Unnamed song sung by Daughter after I had listened to ToshI singing that song. Violet UK songs are definitely made to be sung by ToshI I find. The songs are very beautiful, but when ToshI sings, there are more than very beautiful! The song gets a totally different dimension!

Yoshiki producing that concert from ToshI, and they all together, all guest X Japan musicians, thanks for such a beautiful concert!

Now that in the future they will concentrate totally on X Japan, makes me believe that we will see amazing things. (With or without drums, depends on health, but as we could see today, without drums can be beautiful too)

Hoping that Glowinlife (Youtube) will upload the rest of the show too, -mc's and X Japan songs- and very great thanks to him of her.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #161 on: March 08, 2010, 12:21:16 AM
I listened again to Unnamed song sung by Daughter after I had listened to ToshI singing that song. Violet UK songs are definitely made to be sung by ToshI I find. The songs are very beautiful, but when ToshI sings, there are more than very beautiful! The song gets a totally different dimension!

It seems that a lot of people think Unnnamed Song is a VUK song. I always thought it was not, as it has always been performed live, crediting Yoshiki as the composer and never mentioning Violet UK. Also, it appeared on his Eternal Melody II album, not a VUK release....just my thoughts.

As for the concert, I am extremely surprised! When I found out that the entire set was very...acoustic...I was at first disappointed, but the end result was fantastic. This concert definitely had a more warm and close atmosphere compared with other concerts. As for my favorite performance? I think Eagle Sniper takes that. I had never heard the original before and, on comparing the two, Toshi's rendition of the song is by far my favorite. I am also very happy with how Airport turned out live...just disappointed there was no drum kit for it!

I think this should be released on DVD!

Offline ElefeX

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #162 on: March 08, 2010, 09:55:05 AM
It seems that a lot of people think Unnnamed Song is a VUK song. I always thought it was not, as it has always been performed live, crediting Yoshiki as the composer and never mentioning Violet UK. Also, it appeared on his Eternal Melody II album, not a VUK release....just my thoughts.

I was wondering this as well and was going to ask if it was a VUK song as I also thought it was from Yoshiki’s solo work. I checked the booklet for Eternal Melody II and I can't find any reference to VUK .

Eagle Sniper is definately my favourite performance with Made in Heaven a close second just because I love that song!!!  ;D

Offline NanniGong

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #163 on: March 08, 2010, 02:06:50 PM
I  remember that Yoshiki said in an interview that they had recorded another version of Amethyst with Toshi's vocal (before the band broke up). It seems that the original lyric is different from now and maybe it's in Japanese. But I doubt if I will have the chance to hear that in my life :P

Offline ahmah

• View Profile
Reply #164 on: March 08, 2010, 02:35:45 PM
HELP! Have been trying to watch the videos but am being told that they are private. Do I have to subscribe to a channel or something?

Offline Ashemanu

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #165 on: March 08, 2010, 03:57:23 PM
HELP! Have been trying to watch the videos but am being told that they are private. Do I have to subscribe to a channel or something?

Same here ... sigh, I am glad I have watched them already :/

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #166 on: March 08, 2010, 04:24:12 PM
i m glad that i already downloaded that youtube video

Ex denxdenx

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #167 on: March 08, 2010, 04:39:10 PM
You Tube!  Come back.  How annoying but I had a little feeling that might happen  :(

I also think Eagle Sniper was the best song of the concert.  I had never heard the original but I just LOVE this version.  I've been trying to think of how I would describe it but I just can't.  Sometimes I just cannot find words...I only have feelings.  I must say, I never realised Heath was so talented at writing. 

We are X!!!!!

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #168 on: March 08, 2010, 04:48:36 PM
I wanted to also ask if anyone knows where I might be able to find the lyrics to Eagle Sniper.  I tried to find them but couldn't.

We are X!!!!!

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #169 on: March 08, 2010, 05:52:24 PM
Same here ... sigh, I am glad I have watched them already :/

Same here too  :'(

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #170 on: March 08, 2010, 07:44:19 PM

I was wondering this as well and was going to ask if it was a VUK song as I also thought it was from Yoshiki’s solo work. I checked the booklet for Eternal Melody II and I can't find any reference to VUK .

Actually I don't know which exactly are his solo songs and which are his Violet UK songs. It's all of the same composer, and I can really imagine ToshI sing them all. I thought all that was sung by Daughter and other women were Viloet UK songs.

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #171 on: March 08, 2010, 10:09:19 PM
For those who have not seen the clips from youtube, there is a woman on Support for Toshi facebook, who can upload them there, she did already put one song there.
You just have to ask her and she will upload.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=271970860792
Leley Wheeler

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #172 on: March 08, 2010, 11:26:55 PM
Actually I don't know which exactly are his solo songs and which are his Violet UK songs. It's all of the same composer, and I can really imagine ToshI sing them all. I thought all that was sung by Daughter and other women were Viloet UK songs.

I agree with you, I mean come on people, can you really imagine Toshi singing Blue Butterfly or Sex and Religion? Because, I can't!

Offline tank

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #173 on: March 08, 2010, 11:36:31 PM
I also think Eagle Sniper was the best song of the concert.  I had never heard the original but I just LOVE this version.  I've been trying to think of how I would describe it but I just can't.  Sometimes I just cannot find words...I only have feelings.  I must say, I never realised Heath was so talented at writing. 

I love eagle sniper too! The original is not anything like that, and the new arrangement gives a totally different feel. If I just listen to the original, I would never have imagined it could sound like this. Toshi should consider collaborating with heath on something.  The other song which I am glad to hear is  made in Heaven... I have no idea why Toshi did not consider singing more of his solo from that era, but I'm glad that in the end, the only song he chose is made in Heaven.

Offline tank

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #174 on: March 08, 2010, 11:41:38 PM
I agree with you, I mean come on people, can you really imagine Toshi singing Blue Butterfly or Sex and Religion? Because, I can't!

haha... I bet if Toshi has to do it, he will come up with something Toshi for Blue Butterfly & sex and religion.But before he attempts that.. pls do Amethyst first.

Offline edyork

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #175 on: March 09, 2010, 03:51:20 PM
thanks everyone for the links to the pictures, videos, reviews and so on xD

overall, i really like the concert because of the set list, a refreshing one? i like how Toshi sings and plays the piano at the same time, very enjoyable xD

seems like everything is starting all over again, giving me hope that i can look forward to more activities by X JAPAN! ^^

oh and luckily i converted some of the videos into mp3 before it was set to private. but i do not have Unnamed Song :/
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 03:56:10 PM by edyork »

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #176 on: March 09, 2010, 05:45:09 PM
can you really imagine Toshi singing Blue Butterfly or Sex and Religion? Because, I can't!

haha... I bet if Toshi has to do it, he will come up with something Toshi for Blue Butterfly & sex and religion.But before he attempts that.. pls do Amethyst first.

;D ;D ;D

but i do not have Unnamed Song :/

I think it is the only song that still can be found online. I'll search for it and will give the link.

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #177 on: March 09, 2010, 05:49:03 PM
Unnamed song.
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/lrHz9--l0Rc/

You could download it, because it will not be long time there I think.
I see that the other songs are there too.

http://so.tudou.com/isearch/toshi/

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #178 on: March 09, 2010, 05:54:05 PM
There you have them all together: samuelkwok

http://www.tudou.com/home/item_u31232079s0p1.html

Offline Ashemanu

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #179 on: March 09, 2010, 06:58:27 PM
Thank you for the new link, Ann! :)