• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Toshi Live - Asakasa blitz

denx · 52841

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: February 24, 2010, 03:55:33 PM
To have been so close yet so far...   

Tanabata: That must be very frustrated, I know, but soon you can look it on DMM.
Dry your tears with Love  :D and tell us about what you saw on DMM after you saw it...

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: February 24, 2010, 04:01:57 PM
To have been so close yet so far...  

Tanabata: That must be very frustrated, I know, but soon you can look it on DMM.
Dry your tears with Love  :D and tell us about what you saw on DMM after you saw it...

I'll "dry my tears with love" and then after watching it on DMM (it's not available until tomorrow night, 6pm, and I won't get home until after 11pm so no chance of seeing it too soon) I'll "say anything" I want about it.  I'm so glad you could "feel my pain" because there was "nothing I could do" about not seeing it live.

Okay, I'll stop with all the melodramatic Yoshiki lyrics!

And, yes, Ann...the concert is well and truly over.  People started coming out somewhere between 8.30 and 8.45 so it only went for 2 hours or so (if it actually DID start at 6.30...hmmm...you know X....often late).

We are X!!!!!

Offline ElefeX

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: February 24, 2010, 04:27:52 PM
You're welcome ;) Credits still go to xjpfan on twitter, though :)

Of course! Many thanks to that person too for keeping everyone who couldn't be there informed - otherwise we would all be sitting around wondering what was going on!!!

@Tanabata - Sorry, you didn't get to see it! Did you know/speak to anyone who had been to the concert? Also, do you know if there has there been a lot of media coverage about the event? Let us know what you think of the concert when you see it on DMM!!

Offline Ashemanu

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: February 24, 2010, 04:54:40 PM
That would interest me as well (beside the live footage of course), how the opinion of the people was who actually were there :)

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: February 24, 2010, 05:32:03 PM
Yes, asking people who actually saw it.  Okay, here's the problem....

I really wanted to ask people but I felt awkward doing so.  I'm not a shy person but I hate when I speak to people here and they look at me funny (I guess it's the foreign factor).  To protect myself from feeling "rejected" I tend not to approach people.  I want to think of all X fans as cool so if I feel the slightest rejection it will leave me with a bitter taste.

Now, that might all sound rather silly and sensitive but that's my personality.  So, that said, I didn't ask anyone.  I heard some girls on the train talking about it but if I had joined in they might have thought I was an idiot or something.  I wouldn't mind if I had been with another person but as none of my friends are into X it's always a solo effort. ;D

Also, I don't look like an X fan (whatever an X fan looks like!).  I mean, I look more like I might listen to The Carpenters than X!

We are X!!!!!

Offline Ashemanu

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: February 24, 2010, 05:46:04 PM
Tanabata, that is no problem, I would feel the same as you do :) But maybe someone is writing something on Twitter (I am no member there) or such.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: February 24, 2010, 06:06:05 PM
You have to sign up to see the fullscreen pictures but I just found a site updated today with pics from the concert.

http://www1.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=gls====418651&nbc1=1

Oh god, why is Toshi wearing that white fluffy reveal half my chest flamboyant coat from the pv shooting, if this becomes the norm, as in, wearing that at U.S concerts, they're f**ked.

Its like he's wearing a ballroom/wedding dress ffs XD.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 06:15:26 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline Maverick

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: February 24, 2010, 06:21:32 PM
Oh my LOL that needs time getting used to *rolls*

Everywhere there flows...... BLUE BLOOD!!

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: February 24, 2010, 06:29:52 PM
Okay just found tons of new info on a myspace blog, someone who actually watched it on DMM, first I'll say it turns out that Toshi only wore that white coat for Forever Love and Endles Rain, however I do not want to see that coat at all even for a second at a U.S concert. Also, I havn't heard much of Heath & Pata's recent or old songs, but this report says only Acoustic versions of their solo songs were played, so if Eagle Sniper and Pata's song were actually rock songs then well, sorry guys.

Anyway here's the new info from the blog, be aware that usually when people report things they get a lot of it wrong:

http://blogs.myspace.com/mxyo

"highlights:
- the live pretty much was on time, maybe 10mins late
- Toshi for most of the show was in his X Japan character, at the end he was more formal in thanking everyone for their support
- Unnamed Song with Sugizo on violin was a surprise, Toshi made a few lyrical mistakes but his voice was great
- Heath's new song Eagle Sniper sounded really good with Toshi vocals
- YOSHIKI'S new nickname is 'messenger dove', because he is organising all the other members parts while they are in Russia, Brazil and Japan
and LA.. so he has to contact all of them.
- YOSHIKI Mced in parts and said that TOSHI wasn't the original vocalist of X, and that they all auditioned even YOSHIKI (he said his voice was too high pitched) and they decided TOSHI was the best out of them
- Forever Love with Sugizo on violin was a nice arrangement
- During Endless Rain Sugizo changed from acoustic guitar to violin for
the solo (hide's solo was on violin!)
- Surprise: hide wasn't featured at all musically, although during the MCing between the members they brought up memories of the past and hide was mentioned
- Overall it was a very powerful and touching performance by Toshi. Vocally he was at his best. especially in his new album song and Forever love
- YOSHIKI was asked by TOSHI 'What's next with X Japan?'..he hinted that they should do a warm up concert in LA! (all the fans screamed for them to play in japan..and they joked about Sendai having beef tongue and Saitama having..nothing!;))
- YOSHIKI said that they will do things gradually and that this concert wasn't to be mistaken as an X concert as its Toshi's live... he also said he isn't in shape to play the drums
- For the X Japan songs (Forever love/Endless Rain) Toshi changed clothes and wore the white top and black pants that he wore for the Hollywood PV filming
- Although the set list was short there were lots of crowd participation and LOTS of talk between the members.. almost 30mins of talk after the whole band came out to play Forever love.

...thats about all I remember. Toshi's new album songs sound good! check it out if you can!

D

yeh very interesting that the stage and set were VERY minimalistic.
No screens no backing. Just the acoustic setup, lighting and the piano.

Also the mirror ball for Endless Rain (which Toshi made a joke about earlier in the live..he was making fun of YOSHIKI and Pata alot !! hehe..)

Toshi kept saying things as though he was Yoshiki in a very high pitched voice..
it was very light hearted and fun for the audience. Yoshiki made lots of jokes too.

Toshi said that YOSHIKI only decided to do Unnamed Song 2 days or so before the live.
And Yoshiki said Toshi only asked him to play (one of toshi's songs.. i forgot) a few days before..and Toshi said 'No I sent it to LA months ago!! but you only just started to practice!'.

Yoshiki was very moved by Toshi's song, and he felt pressure to play it.
For those who watched you might notice that Yoshiki's performance of Toshi's song on the piano was a very safe un-Yoshiki like play style.. he didnt do soloing or improvising.
Of course the piano sound is Yoshiki's.. but not like his playing in X or his solo work.
Was a nice change.

All round it was one of those RARE performances where you have so many un-conventional collaborations and acoustic/piano versions of songs that probably will only ever be released as rock songs (i.e. HEATH's Eagle Sniper.. which IMO was one of the better songs out of all the non-X songs composition wise)".

I'm suspicious of that claim that Toshi's voice was completely perfect and that they talked on stage for half an hour before playing Forever Love.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 06:33:47 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline Ashemanu

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: February 24, 2010, 06:30:51 PM
Looks as if they had fun! And now Toshi has infected Yoshiki with wearing shades even on stage ... lol

Edit: thanks for the report, Ulquiorra, that gives really a lot great information!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 06:35:12 PM by Ashemanu »

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: February 24, 2010, 06:41:13 PM
Ulquiorra thank you very much by the photos

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: February 24, 2010, 06:44:24 PM
Grrr, not finding videos anywhere, wasn't there a download of the concert you could get if you already paid to watch it? If so, what are the people who watched it doing? We need footage! XD

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: February 24, 2010, 06:57:29 PM
http://www.barks.jp/news/?id=1000058677

Here there are pictures too.

When you click on a picture in that article, you can see 39 pictures of the concert (with much Toshi hugging members too).

I like that white 'groom' thing Toshi is wearing  ;D
It's another look  :D
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 07:21:26 PM by Ann1958 »

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: February 24, 2010, 08:07:45 PM
Thanks for the pictures.

Caption time:

FALCOOOOOON!!!!

*ahem* anyway, it looks like the download isn't just any ordinary download, the download is delivered electronicly, and I just got my brother to help me understand what the f*** the site is trying to say, it turns out two sentances about two different things where put together as once sentance, making things very confusing.

Anyway here's how the download works now we've figured it out, from tomorrow (the 25th) its up for download for 30 days, and when you download it, you have only 7 days to watch it (the file will probably tell you the time has expired when you try and open it after 7 days).

Here's the page for the download:

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.dmm.com/digital/music/toshi/&ei=kYyFS5m5AqS60gTw4-TvBg&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=8&ved=0CBkQ7gEwBw&prev=/search%3Fq%3D%2522toshi%2522%2B%2522concert%2522%2B%2522dmm%2522%26hl%3Den

Also, more pics http://natalie.mu/music/gallery/show/news_id/28229/image_id/33316

Just scroll down to see the rest of them.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 11:02:34 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: February 25, 2010, 12:20:34 AM
it is complicated sell this Toshi's Repertoire they will send X,agora's Musics when he toshi was here in Brazil he am touched the musics of the T-Earth...
Luck of this Japanese people

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: February 25, 2010, 02:21:59 AM
I was curious for see that show now, such telling thereabout that was very good.

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: February 25, 2010, 02:27:08 AM
Ulquiorra,

The DMM download (what you are referring to) cannot be downloaded until 6pm tonight.  As I said somewhere else I won't be able to access it until very late tonight because I get home so late.  Also, it will be hard to find the time to watch it.  I'll let you know anything of interest when I have time to watch it.

There is only 30 days to watch it.  It's very frustrating.  It happened last year too.  I purchased the two Tokyo Dome concerts, saved them here, there and everywhere and I believed that I had somehow saved them "forever" only to find that the pesky expiry thingy was attached to all of them so all I have now are files of the concert with these pretty colours flying around.  Pisses me off!  I don't mind paying but why should we be denied the concerts after 30 days?  I would be prepared to pay more just to be able to have them FOREVER.  Of course I have the memories but to have the actual performances you were at is something special.

We are X!!!!!

Offline Faestian

• Sunday Listener
  • wants a hide Signature Fernandes guitar
    • View Profile
    • Fae's Corner
Reply #77 on: February 25, 2010, 02:30:12 AM
Thanks to Ann1958 and Ulquiorra for the photos as well as for the report! Hope people are able to make the download thingy work and that you get to see the show before its expiry date.

I have to agree with Ulquiorra on that damned white 'thing' ToshI wore, both for the PV and for this concert. I would love to know what the story is behind that very feminine design, if any. He looks like A: a flamboyant house-husband, or, when he wears the black gloves with it, B: a cross-dressing, mad-scientist! I like him best in his simple shirts and jackets, but that's just me and I am only one of millions of fans.

I noticed the shades too, Ashemanu, but, sunglasses or none, I have to admit I haven't seen that many smiles from the band since before hide's death. They looked like they were actually just having fun! So much laughter and so many smiles, it was absolutely wonderful to see. And I was really glad to read that Yoshiki will be wise and take his time before attempting concert drumming again. Good man.  ;D

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: February 25, 2010, 02:38:06 AM
When's the last time we saw Toshi without shades I wonder???

I don't know about the white jacket but that was one fancy necklace.

We are X!!!!!

Offline Juno42

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: February 25, 2010, 06:01:51 AM
I dunno what it is, but it seems to be that jrockers just become allergic to photons after a while. (Kinda the way I developed an allergy to paper tape during my phlebotomy class...) They ALL wear sunglasses! And Toshi wears about the darked sunglasses I've ever seen. The only jrockers I can think of offhand who have avoided this affliction are Pata and Kyo of Dir en Grey.

(P.S. Just as a safety net, I don't really think they are allergic to light.)

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: February 25, 2010, 06:27:21 AM
I dunno what it is, but it seems to be that jrockers just become allergic to photons after a while. (Kinda the way I developed an allergy to paper tape during my phlebotomy class...) They ALL wear sunglasses! And Toshi wears about the darked sunglasses I've ever seen. The only jrockers I can think of offhand who have avoided this affliction are Pata and Kyo of Dir en Grey.

(P.S. Just as a safety net, I don't really think they are allergic to light.)

I'd like to see Toshi's face again!

We are X!!!!!

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #81 on: February 25, 2010, 07:12:02 AM

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: February 25, 2010, 08:39:46 AM
thanks asukamiyu

Ex denxdenx

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #83 on: February 25, 2010, 08:46:16 AM
Yeah, thanks, seems great, however, "Toshi's voice was the best he's ever been" was wrong.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 08:54:32 AM by Ulquiorra »

Offline Maverick

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: February 25, 2010, 08:54:45 AM
I think the sunglasses are simply some kind of mask to save themselves a little from the glances of the public. :)

And thanX for the link, Asu! At least a little insight into yesterday's concert x3

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: February 25, 2010, 09:12:37 AM
thanks asukamiyu

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile

Offline Ashura Shadow

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: February 25, 2010, 10:28:30 AM
Thanks for the link, AsukaMiyu! :)
As for the myspace report, I wouldn't trust it much... BXtE just posted a staff blog stating the live was 38 minutes late, haha.
(http://bxte.info/English/News/BXtE-Staff-Blog.html)

I'm at my wits' end.

Offline Maverick

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: February 25, 2010, 11:20:50 AM
Who says that they are right? :P Actually, I didn't see it, but the first news about the songs that have been played came pretty much in time when the concert was supposed to start. I just checked back about it. So 10 minutes might be appropriate when the first news came GMT+1 10:46 while the concert plan was to start at 10:30 GMT+1 (which is 18:30 in Japan)

And I doubt the DMM broadcasting can see the future :D

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #89 on: February 25, 2010, 11:52:13 AM
Thanks for everyone who posted~! Yeah it does seem ToshI's voice hasn't recovered yet. Let's hope it will soon!

This is my administrator color.