• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Marilyn Manson

Silver_Rain · 5796

Offline Silver_Rain

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lisa-sass.de
on: May 06, 2007, 07:42:46 PM
Well, I somehow got the feeling that most Jrock listeners don't really like Marilyn Manson, so what about you? Sure he's not the bishie type but that shouldn't be the important fact. I personally like the music, his lyrics and his adjustment as a person (as far as what I know from interviews and so on). So tell me what you like or what you don't like and why.

And if anyone is interested, here's the new song that will be released as a single (after getting used to it it's a damn awesome song I think)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/a84nyy

ww.myspace.com/lisasass

Offline NinjaGeek

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 03:22:13 AM
For me it was pretty catchy at first, but felt like it got kind of repetitive after a while.   I would think Jrockers would be into him though if they like Visual Kei cause he does dress similarly.

: Would you jump off a bridge just because everyone else was doing it?
A: Yes, because the pile of bodies would break my fall.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 05:42:43 AM
My sister listens to him so much that I don't think I can ever listen to him myself -.- :P

This is my administrator color.

Offline Mitsuko

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/sparklysquee
Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 05:46:51 AM
I'm a huge J-rock fan, and also a huge fan of Marilyn Manson!  :P  So I don't understand why J-rock fans wouldn't like him since I'm not one of those... I agree, his style is very visual so VisKei fans should really like him, theoretically... and his music is very non-mainstream (in my opinion) which is also something typically sought by listeners of J-rock. *shrugs*

I'm sorry he's been spoiled for you, Hypno. I think he's definitely worth a listen! :D

Lady, lady are you ready to go?
Why do you have to be laying down?

Offline crazy bitch

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 05:50:59 AM
lol Hypno:P
i used to listen to MM actually when i was younger-at 10 lol-so now you can excuse my behavior.its HIS fault xDDD
he is good,he is a psycho but i stopped listening to him,dunno why.i like many songs of him though and i listen sometimes.
oh btw,2 girls killed themselves in France some years ago,due to his lyrics-i don't blame him,its not his fucking fault that fans become obsessed-and as far as i know he was hide's  friend and when he died,he dyed his hair pink,to honor him  :roll: good guy Marilyn  :twisted: thats all

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 06:19:50 AM
Musically absolutely not my case, but I have to agree with Silver_Rain, he seems to be very deep, I like that. And he's got one goddamn gift for painting!

RIP

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 10:35:39 AM
Quote from: "NinjaGeek"
For me it was pretty catchy at first, but felt like it got kind of repetitive after a while.   I would think Jrockers would be into him though if they like Visual Kei cause he does dress similarly.

Now thats just a silly comment to make. Let me rephrase it for you.

"I would think Jrockers would like his LOOKS if they like Visual Kei because he does dress similarly"

VK is a LOOK, NOT A MUSICAL GENRE. None of the VK bands i've heard sound anything like manson. They may look similar some of the time but they sound nothing alike. Of course, I havent heard all rock bands that use VK as their look but yeah.

I'm not a HUGE manson fan but I do like him. He's good.

Offline NinjaGeek

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 11:59:57 PM
I never claimed Visual Kei was a genre.  Nor did I say all JRock fans would like him simply due to his style of dress.  My only intention was to try and counter the statement that JRock fans would probably not be into him.  Visual Kei is a big part of lots of JRock, and it's obvious that fans like that about the bands a lot.  MM has a similar look to the bands that dress in a Visual Kei style.  I was just following the logic that because they have something in common there would be a greater chance of JRock fans liking MM as opposed to some other completely random musician who has nothing in common with JRock bands rather than 1 thing in common like MM.

I'm sorry for not outlining all my points more specifically in the original post.  In the future I'll be sure to make my generalizations more specific so that people don't get confused and make the assumption that I'm stating a bunch of facts about people's personal preferences :roll:.

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: May 08, 2007, 10:05:49 AM
I never claimed Visual Kei was a genre.  Nor did I say all JRock fans would like him simply due to his style of dress.  My only intention was to try and counter the statement that JRock fans would probably not be into him.  Visual Kei is a big part of lots of JRock, and it's obvious that fans like that about the bands a lot.  MM has a similar look to the bands that dress in a Visual Kei style.  I was just following the logic that because they have something in common there would be a greater chance of JRock fans liking MM as opposed to some other completely random musician who has nothing in common with JRock bands rather than 1 thing in common like MM.

I'm sorry for not outlining all my points more specifically in the original post.  In the future I'll be sure to make my generalizations more specific so that people don't get confused and make the assumption that I'm stating a bunch of facts about people's personal preferences :roll:.

You should be more specific. The bands looks do not define how good or bad their music is or how similar the music is to another artist. Of the VK J-Rock bands i've heard, none of them come close to sounding like Manson. I'm not saying Manson is better, but he's not "similar" to any VK bands i've heard.

Offline crazy bitch

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: May 08, 2007, 10:11:02 AM
Marilyn Manson does not have anything in common with visual kei.maybe the style a bit but the music?no way.Manson has a different style and i have to say that his appearance is more harsh than the visual kei scene.i mean have you seen PVs?he's a lot "worse" in disgusting matters :P

Offline NinjaGeek

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: May 08, 2007, 10:30:14 AM
^Have you ever seen the music videos Obscure or Aggitated Screams of Maggots by Dir En Grey?

Offline crazy bitch

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: May 08, 2007, 10:32:54 AM
^Have you ever seen the music videos Obscure or Aggitated Screams of Maggots by Dir En Grey?

a thousand times.but i don't find them disgusting.i was actually eating and i didnt feel sick :P

Offline Cruor

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: May 19, 2007, 05:15:58 AM
Marilyn is very intelligent when it comes to getting interviewed by people who wants to put him down.

This guy's visual was striking the first time i saw him. I gotta be honest he scared me. But other wise, a very smart man and a great artist.

url=http://www.last.fm/user/SuYen/?chartstyle=listen] [/url]

Offline Mondaye

• Rookie
  • Art of Life
    • View Profile
    • Melancolie Gothique
Reply #13 on: September 08, 2008, 07:07:44 PM
Oww I like Marilyn Manson !

I'm not fan but my 1st concert was Marilyn Manson... Amazing man, intelligent and very beautiful.

A French fan, Here to chat on MSN ( sombre-nebuleuse@hotmail.fr )

† Blood, Sex and Goth' n Roll †

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: September 08, 2008, 07:14:16 PM
As far as I know Wes Borland seemed to play guitar for Marilyn Manson at the last concerts, I'm curious if he's just a tour-guitarist or if he will be there for a longer time. To be honest, I hope not, cause I like Wes' other projects a lot more *g*

Offline friday

• Moderators
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: September 09, 2008, 03:23:22 AM
"Ex-Limp Bizkit guitarist Wes Borland has joined the lineup in Marilyn Manson's band, at least temporarily. The news was announced by Manson at a press conference before his appearance at the ETP Festival in Seoul, Korea. "We have a new guitar player that's gonna play for the first time tomorrow; it's the first time we'll play on stage [together]," Manson said. "His name is Wes Borland and he used to be in a really terrible band that he left because he felt that it was a destructive force in art, and he has his own band, Black Light Burns, but now he is in Marilyn Manson. We don't know how permanent that is, but starting tomorrow will be the first step."'

http://www.fmqb.com/article.asp?id=842530&spid=1314

MODERATOR'd!

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: September 09, 2008, 10:51:34 AM
Thanks, then let's see where it will go.

Offline Aerce

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: September 09, 2008, 10:59:43 AM
I can't even understan why people like MM but hey that's just me.

Offline friday

• Moderators
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: September 09, 2008, 11:20:02 AM

Can you elaborate? :P

MODERATOR'd!

Offline Aerce

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: September 09, 2008, 11:40:38 AM

Can you elaborate? :P

Yup, their music doesn't sound good to me, happy now?

Offline friday

• Moderators
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: September 09, 2008, 11:53:13 AM

Ah, guess that'll do... ;)

MODERATOR'd!

Offline Mondaye

• Rookie
  • Art of Life
    • View Profile
    • Melancolie Gothique
Reply #21 on: September 09, 2008, 10:12:58 PM
Manson is a pretty singer ( His voice as not exceptionnal but he knows how to use it ) and his personnality is very... Hot ? XD

A French fan, Here to chat on MSN ( sombre-nebuleuse@hotmail.fr )

† Blood, Sex and Goth' n Roll †

Offline myuu

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myuu.de
Reply #22 on: September 10, 2008, 08:19:49 AM
manson rocks!