RUMOR: Yoshiki's illness

MiscastDice · 18126

Offline VioletCamicat

• Die-hard fan
  • Beware of the toxic kitten!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/violet_camicat
Reply #60 on: June 13, 2008, 06:27:49 PM
No, I don't want him to be paralized. Honestly I'd appreciate it, if he was drumming a little bit more careful. On the other hand it's his decision to drum like that and he always did so - that's just Yoshiki. I think fans cannot influence that. I can imagine that fans already tried to hold him back from drumming like this back in the 90s. The only way to hold him back from drumming is not letting him play at all, I guess.

I don't blame it on Yoshiki, that we are getting no information at all here in Europe (though I think he would be able to at least influence this). And again: People tell us to only believe official stuff and in this case the announced tourdates are still the only official thing here! That's what I think is unfair. The rest is still like talking about rumors for me... and I know they aren't rumors. But simply not officially announced - WTF?! This sucks!
I cannot remember having read that someone is blaming it on Yoshiki. All I can blame on him is refusing to listen to his doctors, but he's a grown up man so he can decide on his own. No one is forcing him to drum like this.

Well, I hope he'll recover and that he'll take as much time as he needs for that. I highly doubt anyway that there will be a concert here in Europe at all. He isn't wearing his neck corsett because fans told him so and he isn't drumming because fans requested him doing so - and as long as he's able to drum, he'll go on with it that way. At least that's my impression of him as a pretty stubborn guy.

mod mode

And out of the chaos I heard a voice telling me:
"Smile and be happy - it could have become worse!"
So I smiled and was happy... and it became worse

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #61 on: June 13, 2008, 07:28:21 PM
Quote from: "VioletCamicat"
On the other hand it's his decision to drum like that and he always did so - that's just Yoshiki. I think fans cannot influence that. I can imagine that fans already tried to hold him back from drumming like this back in the 90s. The only way to hold him back from drumming is not letting him play at all, I guess.

Exactly, and frankly I'm sick of the fifty thousand "Yoshiki Mommies" (and probably a few Yoshiki Daddies too) on the internet telling Yoshiki to be careful and sleep more and wear his neckbrace and whatever else.  He's a grown man, he can make his own decisions.  Mostly likely he will make kamikaze-style, balls-to-the-wall, live-for-today-and-fuck-what-happens-tomorrow decisions.  He always has and probably always will, that's part of what makes him who he is (and incidentally part of why I like him).

Personally, I blame the management for the lack of an announcement, and I blame the band as well for the same reason.  Because, as you said, you'd think Yoshiki could tell the management to get off their asses and make an official announcement.

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline Ryo-Ohki

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: June 13, 2008, 07:36:36 PM
Quote from: "Hollywood"

Exactly, and frankly I'm sick of the fifty thousand "Yoshiki Mommies" (and probably a few Yoshiki Daddies too) on the internet telling Yoshiki to be careful and sleep more and wear his neckbrace and whatever else.  He's a grown man, he can make his own decisions.  Mostly likely he will make kamikaze-style, balls-to-the-wall, live-for-today-and-fuck-what-happens-tomorrow decisions.  He always has and probably always will, that's part of what makes him who he is (and incidentally part of why I like him).

Personally, I blame the management for the lack of an announcement, and I blame the band as well for the same reason.  Because, as you said, you'd think Yoshiki could tell the management to get off their asses and make an official announcement.

I'm not going to even think of telling him what to do.   I mean... you and icat are right, it is his decision.  It's his life, and as fans we really don't have a right to tell him what to do.   We can say, "I don't like to see you do ..........." but telling him "YOU have to ..........".   I've seen comments on his myspace.... some that really make me want to reach through the computer and slap the poster.

He IS a very gutsy person.  He seems to have a 'devil may care' attitude, but in the same respect, there are things he does because he  believes it is how the fans want him to do things. (ie drumming without his corset).

This/these images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.

Offline SarahAlex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Reply #63 on: June 13, 2008, 07:57:14 PM
Yoshiki, odaiji ni. (= something like "Recover from illness").

Or... oTAIJI ni?
 :twisted:

SarahAlex - the devil's advocate

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: June 13, 2008, 08:15:35 PM
Quote from: "Hollywood"
Quote from: "VioletCamicat"
On the other hand it's his decision to drum like that and he always did so - that's just Yoshiki. I think fans cannot influence that. I can imagine that fans already tried to hold him back from drumming like this back in the 90s. The only way to hold him back from drumming is not letting him play at all, I guess.

THAT is why I'm worried so badly. Maybe he's comatose and unable to do anything on his own behalf. Maybe he's fucking dead.

Offline SarahAlex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Reply #65 on: June 13, 2008, 08:20:34 PM
Quote from: "MiscastDice"
THAT is why I'm worried so badly. Maybe he's comatose and unable to do anything on his own behalf. Maybe he's fucking dead.

Slow down, dear. :wink: Do you think that if Yoshiki was dead, Toshi would happily introduce his new project? He's not so cold-blooded. He's not a bit cold-blooded. :wink:

Offline Ryo-Ohki

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: June 13, 2008, 08:27:07 PM
Quote from: "SarahAlex"

Slow down, dear. :wink: Do you think that if Yoshiki was dead, Toshi would happily introduce his new project? He's not so cold-blooded. He's not a bit cold-blooded. :wink:

Miscast, CHILL!  This isn't the time or place to be saying stuff like that.  First off...  WE have NOT heard ANY confirmation to the whloe deal.  

SarahAlex... VERY good point!  I highly doubt that Toshi would have been so.. happy at his interview.

This/these images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.

Offline nage

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #67 on: June 13, 2008, 09:24:17 PM
OMG, stop it! He's going to be ok. Just give him some time.  :)

May X be with you!

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: June 13, 2008, 10:40:03 PM
Basically, Hollywood has already said everything I think.

As for Miscast; That's a bit of an apocalyptic view, don't you think? I'm also quite worried about his health and all that jazz, but I honestly don't think it's that bad. If Yoshiki was really in a very, very bad situation (I'm not even going to comment on the 'death' possibility) all the shows would be already cancelled; with or without a plausible explanation. And just like it was said, I don't think Toshi would be so happily travelling around Japan, making announcements and working on cutesy side projects if his best friend was tied to a hotel bed, paralysed.

I believe the only thing to blame is the management; a clear announcement on what's really going on would end up with stupid rumors and avoid possible waste of money. That is the part of the story that I consider regrettable: it's been over a week since rumours started & it's less than a month before the concert in question. Considering the amount of messages that are everyday posted to X's myspace, JRR etc., they are probably sick of knowing what the fans are worrying about. The least they could do is make an official announcement.

Plus, we're all grown people and I believe nobody is going to blame Yoshiki for having health problems. If somebody does, then I suggest that they reconsider their status of "fans". It's sad and upsetting that this things happen, of course. But we have to face things like they are: without people, there's no music. If a member of the band is not able to do their job, there's not much that can be done but hope that he gets better.

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline SarahAlex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Reply #69 on: June 24, 2008, 10:22:18 PM
Toshi just wrote at his blog that he spoke with Yoshiki (phone call, of course), so he's obviously still alive. :wink:
And I'm not 100% sure about it but I think he suggests that next time when he'll be visiting Hokkaidō, he should bring Yoshiki his favourite milk from some farm and then he will surely recover. :D
(Btw, if my personal translation is proved as wrong, this will be pretty embarrassing. :lol: Nevermind. :lol:)

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: June 24, 2008, 11:28:31 PM
I got basically the same using an online translator. Hopefully, I'll find someone who'll translate the whole text more decently, though.

But hey, what made you think he could be dead? Poor thing! Let's not make things too dramatic...

On a side note, I hope someone informs Toshi that sending milk all the way over to LA might not be...  very healthy.  :lol:

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline Tordek42

• Absolute Destruction
  • Fan
    • View Profile
    • My Music
Reply #71 on: June 24, 2008, 11:47:14 PM
Quote from: "matsumoto"
On a side note, I hope someone informs Toshi that sending milk all the way over to LA might not be...  very healthy.  :lol:

By the time it gets to LA it'll probably be cheese, so he could have it as a fondue (spelling?), or maybe in a sandwhich or on toast :)

This is my moderator colour

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: June 25, 2008, 12:30:20 AM
I got basically the same using an online translator. Hopefully, I'll find someone who'll translate the whole text more decently, though.

But hey, what made you think he could be dead? Poor thing! Let's not make things too dramatic...

It was back when he was totally incommunicado. I know he's alive now. . .

well, if he's having a common side effect of immobility + pain meds, spoiled milk might actually be a good idea.  :lol: /tmi

Offline Amethyst_Dahlia

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart!
Reply #73 on: June 25, 2008, 04:12:37 AM
And then Yoshiki becomes the poster boy for "Got Milk?" ads. XD

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: June 25, 2008, 06:25:46 AM
Quote from: "Amethyst_Dahlia"
And then Yoshiki becomes the poster boy for "Got Milk?" ads. XD

But doesn't he like almond milk more? Nevertheless, I'd take some milk from him  :oops:

Offline SarahAlex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Reply #75 on: June 25, 2008, 07:54:23 AM

I used only my one-year knowledge from university, so I wasn't totally sure. :wink: But I happy that my translation was correct.

And it wasn't me who was afraid if he's alive or not, this comment was for my dear friend MistcastDice. :D

ben

Reply #76 on: June 25, 2008, 08:00:14 AM
Could someone please link to Toshi's blog? I thought I had the link somewhere but don't.. Thanks.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #77 on: June 25, 2008, 08:29:14 AM
Here's the blog link :)

http://ameblo.jp/blog-toshi

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: June 25, 2008, 09:07:21 AM
Quote from: "ben"
Could someone please link to Toshi's blog? I thought I had the link somewhere but don't.. Thanks.

connuymuty.livehurnal.com/trohsi_blog

Offline SarahAlex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Reply #79 on: June 25, 2008, 09:15:39 AM

http://community.livejournal.com/toshi_blog/
Traslation from "drunk English" to "sober English". :lol:

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: June 25, 2008, 09:35:46 AM
Quote from: "SarahAlex"

http://community.livejournal.com/toshi_blog/
Traslation from "drunk English" to "sober English". :lol:

yeha thatts it.

. . .wtf livehurnal, ew

Offline Matilda in Oz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: June 25, 2008, 09:36:04 AM
That's hilarious! Don't make me laugh like that.  :lol:  :lol:

Edited to specify: I was laughing at the drunken linking above, nothing else.  8)

Offline SarahAlex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Reply #82 on: June 25, 2008, 07:17:10 PM
Let's guess. When do you think we'll find some myspace profile called "Bring MILK to Yoshiki" after Toshi's latest blog post?