Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Buck Tick

Guest · 7009

PanthereNoire

on: December 02, 2006, 11:25:27 AM
or "Firecrackers" in English . . .

I don't know if anyone but me know them here, but they've started out the same time that X Japan started - around the middle 1980ies - and are still around and I am going to see them in concert end of December . . .

Oh and there are some wickedly sexy old pics of Yoshiki and Buck Tick vocal and lyricist Atsushi Sakurai out there, too!  :twisted:

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 05:07:22 PM
The same style as X?

This is my administrator color.

PanthereNoire

Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 12:51:56 AM
No, not at all, but I like them anyway. I can post a few clips from youtube if you want an idea what the are like.

Though actually, their concerts never were really so much about their music but more about the . . . temperature changes in the audience induced by Sakurai.

Which is why I could probably already write the concert report - since I don't think they'll have changed that much, even if sexy Sakurai hit the big 4 - 0 this year - right now already . . .

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 10:03:01 AM
Hehe...

Youtube clips would be cool :)

This is my administrator color.

PanthereNoire

Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 10:28:27 AM
I'll find some . . .

Adult content warning might be required though, some of their stuff iv very prevy. :P

PanthereNoire

Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 11:22:10 AM
How many Japanese friends do you have? :P

Since I know quite a number of younger Japanese who still love X Japan. And even know Buck Tick. But those are really the ones with desire for some real good music and not the imported easy listening crap.

PanthereNoire

Reply #6 on: December 03, 2006, 12:04:18 PM
Okay, here are some youtube clips etc:

Kagerou, their latest:

Heroin, that's a bit back, would have to look up the actual release date:

Kimi No Vanilla, a bit older still:

Aku No Hana, from the old - sigh - Citta Kawasaki days . . .

Iconoclasm, one of the earliest (though that particular performed is 1993 or so):

Their discography:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buck-Tick

Addition to that article: Sakurai is their lyrcist and Imai their composer

PS: I didn't add their most pervy clips since I think there are underage people here. PM me if you want the urls for those. :P

Offline Valentine

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: December 03, 2006, 06:49:30 PM
I like Buck Tick, but I'm still almost completely lost in their discography. I mean, not that I couldn't find it on the Web, it's more so like I don't have it -Czech people would say- "in blood", I couldn't inform nobody about the order of their albums etc.. :)

And I think I missed the date of their concert you're going to, PanthereNoire, too? Plus, will there be a report on that one? Not trying to urge you, but it would be great if you had time-and mood- for writing one :P

As to the adult clips links.... I don't need to raise hand, do I?

'll save you from yourself. Fly...

PanthereNoire

Reply #8 on: December 04, 2006, 12:44:27 AM
I don't have their discography by heart either. Hell, I don't have X JAPAN'S discography by heart and they are the group I care about most of all. But I never burden my brain with stuff that I can easily look up.

And the concert is Dec 28, at Nippon Budokan - AND a friend of mine found some copies in her old stuff of that magazine with those absolutely indecent pics of Yoshiki and Atsushi together (I love them :twisted: ) and as we'll be going backstage after the concert, we're going to ask him to sign those. Should be fun to see his face when he sees his old sins come back to haunt him (those pics are from 1991 :P )

As for the concert report, I can write that now (since no one of the mostly female audience is going to care really what the songs will be*) and it's going to be something like this:

"Don't do THAT, Atsushi. No really, Atsushi, please DON'T do that either. And, er, Atsushi, could you take your hand of THERE? . . . On second thought . . . never mind, carry on . . . " :twisted:  :P  :twisted:  :P  :twisted:

I think you get the idea? ;)

* With all the screaming that's going to go on, no one's going to hear them all that clearly and furthermore, the music you can always listen to on CD or DVD. :P

Offline Valentine

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: December 04, 2006, 05:58:53 PM
Yes, I do get the idea, however, that's still what I had in mind--- you can at least inform your poor readers on the other side of the Earth what his look was like when he'd seen his pics to be signed, what he did overall on and off stage and what did the other guys do [pardon, I *still* keep forgetting their names XD, Atsushi is actually the only one I would remember by name :P].....

Such as, not as much about the songs but about people. People's reports about other people are cool XD

PanthereNoire

Reply #10 on: December 05, 2006, 12:29:20 AM
Buck Tick members are:

* Atsushi Sakurai on vocals
* Hisashi Imai on guitar, electronics, and miscellaneous noise
* Hidehiko Hoshino on guitar and keyboard
* Yutaka Higuchi on bass
* Toll Yagami on percussion

I could probably recognize Imai. The other three, well, sorry boys, but can you please wear name tags? ;)

And I suppose I can write that kind of report, but it'll probably still be "Atsushi this . . . " and "Atsushi . . . " - Imai might get mentioned if they do "Sasayaki" and sexy Sakurai does the boots thing again . . . actually, I think my boots would be much nicer to do that with than Imai's.

Er, never mind . . . (scratches any further comments on public pages)

:twisted:

Offline Purple Lily

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/der_kleine_mucc
Reply #11 on: December 05, 2006, 08:34:56 AM
I like Buck Tick. And, I would like to -at least see, because my sound isn´t working anymore- the special ratet songs, ne.

Strange that Buck Tick isn´t famous in Japan. I mean, hey, it´s a great and really awesome band, like X. Of course, the music style is different, but exactly like X, they give all their heartblood in each song. I always thougt that Buck Tick would be Superstars in Japan. To hear this now is...yes, it´s painful to me.

Kind regards,
Lily

ie Einzigartigkeit der Nacht ist unerreichbar für die Menschenwesen.

PanthereNoire

Reply #12 on: December 05, 2006, 09:49:46 AM
They aren't "not famous."

Show business works different here from most other countries, in particular the USA. There, it seems you have to attract all new fans all the time and it's a lot o noise and bluster and all that (though not necessarily better or even good music).

Here, well established groups - and Buck Tick certainly qualify for that - kind of grow older together with their fans and the fans stay fans. All of us maybe a little more settled down and so on, but the fun's all still there. :)

And I'll PM you with the other song urls.

Offline Purple Lily

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/der_kleine_mucc
Reply #13 on: December 05, 2006, 01:48:47 PM
Thank you for the songs, and as well for the explanation.
Now I understand it better.

Liebe Grüsse,
Lily

ie Einzigartigkeit der Nacht ist unerreichbar für die Menschenwesen.

PanthereNoire

Reply #14 on: December 05, 2006, 02:33:36 PM
Bitte schoen. :)

And they are really still quite popular with the old crowd - I'll love going to the concert and see old friends - and SS (aka Sexy Sakurai) really still is so damned hot.

Probably 2/3 at least of the audience are jealous of his wife. :P

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: December 10, 2006, 03:03:06 PM
Buck-Tick is addictive!
I had no idea who they were until I heard their cover of Doubt on the hide Tribute Spirits album.
Their sound is very industrial I'd say..and I had no idiea that I could even be into that kind of music  :shock:

RIP

PanthereNoire

Reply #16 on: December 10, 2006, 03:28:54 PM
Personally, I wouldn't call their sound "industrial" - but then again, since they started out in the 1980ies, like most really good bands and musicians, they've experimented with so many different styles that "industrial" probably is somewhere in there, too.

Though I prefer Atsushi less . . . industrial . . . and more . . . personal.

Er, never mind.  :twisted:

Offline dianne_dejarjayes

• Big fan
  • ~Bring X JAPAN to INDONESIA~
    • View Profile
    • Dianne Dejarjayes
Reply #17 on: December 16, 2006, 07:28:06 AM
uhm... I just knew there is Buck tick thread here :oops:

I just knew them... thanks for Rika to intruduced me with them :wink:

eh... is there a site to download Buck Tick song? because I cant online at home anymore... so youtube useless... I never cant hear they song... only can look at them...

PanthereNoire

Reply #18 on: December 16, 2006, 09:59:13 AM
If you'll let me know what song(s) you mean / want, I can email them to you. :)

Offline dianne_dejarjayes

• Big fan
  • ~Bring X JAPAN to INDONESIA~
    • View Profile
    • Dianne Dejarjayes
Reply #19 on: December 18, 2006, 02:22:51 AM
anything you have  :D

PanthereNoire

Reply #20 on: December 18, 2006, 07:31:37 AM
Tall order!  :twisted:

I'll talk to you later about it. :)

Offline Valentine

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: December 18, 2006, 05:11:42 PM
And, since my torrent dl speed for anything Asian basically indicates that Torrents hate me, might I stand as an another one in line of waiting? ;o]

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: January 06, 2007, 03:03:38 PM
Quote from: "PanthereNoire"
Personally, I wouldn't call their sound "industrial" - but then again, since they started out in the 1980ies, like most really good bands and musicians, they've experimented with so many different styles that "industrial" probably is somewhere in there, too.

Though I prefer Atsushi less . . . industrial . . . and more . . . personal.

Er, never mind.  :twisted:

You're right, I meant that Mona Lisa Overdrive sounds industrial.

I'm listening to their old stuff now...hmm, In Heaven is a damn earworm ^^

Oh, and look at my sig/av  :twisted:

Ha, I capped the whole Kagerou PV, if somebody wants the caps (in awesome quality!) I could upload them.

RIP

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: April 30, 2007, 02:33:23 PM
If someone's interested, Kaori Yuki made a story where the characters are based on the B-T members

--->Die<---

RIP

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #24 on: April 30, 2007, 03:32:07 PM
Ooooh! Buck-Tick!
I had some of their music (And Atsushi Solo music) for some time, but just some days ago I got really addicted to them! O.O
(Fortunatly not as much as X Japan...I still have to learn for school >_<)

About that pervy-Videos...Somehow I don't manage to find those xD Only Sasayaki and "normal" Buck-Tick videos...I'm doing something wrong I think....

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #25 on: February 02, 2008, 08:46:49 PM
Bumping another old thread, but...

Buck-Tick, hell yeah!

I've listened to them for about 8 or 10 years, back when no one in the west had any clue who they were.  So I'm glad to see that they've finally gotten some recognition outside of Japan, online at least-- from lurking other forums I've noticed that, finally, some people seem to know who they are.

They're outside of the kinds of musical genres I usually gravitate towards, but they're really just that fucking cool.  For anyone who hasn't heard them yet, I would personally consider them to be a new wave band.  You could, maybe, say they're like a very passionate, hypersexual version of Depeche Mode.  They don't consider themselves visual and I don't consider them visual either, but due to when they started and what they looked like at the time (to me their early look was more BO0WY than visual, but whatever) they often get lumped into the visual category.

Judging by the other posts on this thread I get the feeling I may be the only male B-T fan here? ;)  Sakurai and Imai do rock but I'm also a fan of Yagami Toll's drumming.  He's not the fastest nor the flashiest, but he's got real style.

How is their latest album by the way?  I keep meaning to pick it up but haven't gotten around to it yet.

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline SarahAlex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Reply #26 on: May 01, 2008, 08:01:10 PM
Quote from: "Hollywood"
Bumping another old thread, but...

How is their latest album by the way?  I keep meaning to pick it up but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Tenshi no revolver is fantastic album. :) It only reminds me why I love them so much.

SarahAlex - the devil's advocate

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: May 01, 2008, 08:06:29 PM
Quote from: "Hollywood"
 You could, maybe, say they're like a very passionate, hypersexual version of Depeche Mode.

Omg, why do you make me disagree with you?  :shock: You can't really get that much more sexual thn DM, unless you're Prince, maybe.

But they sound a lot like DM, in a good way, not in a copying way.

RIP

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #28 on: May 01, 2008, 09:04:58 PM
Quote from: "ferret"
Omg, why do you make me disagree with you?  :shock:

Because I'm mean. :(

Oh, and I'm not saying DM isn't sexual, just that to me, Buck-Tick is even... more sexual.  Or maybe it's just that Buck-Tick is even less subtle about it. Please me, oh yes, sexual intercourse!  But yeah, I agree, they remind me of DM too but I never thought of them as a copy.

And I still haven't heard Tenshi no Revolver... :?  What other Buck-Tick albums (if any) does it sounds like?

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline SarahAlex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Reply #29 on: May 01, 2008, 09:27:07 PM
Well, I have all of their albums but I can't compare it to any of them... Each song is different, that make it so special. At least for me. :)

SarahAlex - the devil's advocate