X Freaks Forum

News:

• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Yoshiki & Hideo Tokoro (K-1 Dynamite USA)

xScQ · 2659

Offline xScQ

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • We are U.N.I.T.E.D!
on: June 03, 2007, 02:35:49 PM

Yoshiki & Hideo Tokoro (155 lbs) who won his fight against Brad Pickett (155 lbs) in a Lightweight match at the Los Angeles Coliseum in Los Angeles, California. Very short clip of Yoshiki handing him the winners trophy .

edit: and a YouTube one since eric couldn't watch it. Let's hope EliteXC aren't assholes like ZUFFA, and leave the clip there.

Offline myuu

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myuu.de
Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 03:00:09 PM
aaaaaaaaah thank you for the video, mark :)

I think he don't mind about this.. Doesn't anyone in America pronounce him as "Yosheekee" (in reference to e.g. the violet uk interview and some other overseas sources)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 01:20:00 PM by Maverick »

Offline Maverick

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 03:16:34 PM
Thank you for this, Mark - made me really excited. :D =.=... and nothing about it in the news here... Euro Sport(TV channel) sucks!

And I guess, he don't 'mind' that his name is pronounced wrong since it would be a horrible drag to tell it again and again... that makes me also wonder if everyone who's talking to him first READS his name.... <_< grrr
I mean... at least even his american "friends" are pronouncing the name wrong! I think especcially they should know how to say it the right way.

Everywhere there flows...... BLUE BLOOD!!

Offline alex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 04:10:46 PM
You can't expect them to pronounce his name the Japanese way. Why would they even bother finding out? They probably don't care much about him anyway.

Asians usually pronounce my name pretty weird too. Alexsuuuuu ALexsuuuuuuuu..... And don't even ask how "Alexander" usually gets pronounced :P

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 09:17:05 PM
"So when you get home you'r gonna pull out your Yoshiki CD?"

".................... The hell?!?"

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

This is my administrator color.

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 03, 2007, 09:36:45 PM
It makes me laugh that no-one knew who Yoshiki was. If that was Japan and they said "Here to give him his trophy.. Yoshiki!" everyone would go insane and freak out. but no-one there knew anything about him.. it was a dead silence.  :lol:

Offline xScQ

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • We are U.N.I.T.E.D!
Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 10:49:17 PM

Another pic I stole from a picture board. From the JP Dynamite broadcast I assume. At least he watched the Sakuraba vs. Gracie fight!