X Freaks Forum

News:

• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

"The world premiere preview of the "I.V." PV.

AsukaMiyu · 5545

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
on: January 16, 2008, 12:36:08 PM
http://www.jrockrevolution.com is being awesome again!

(...)
Jrock Revolution presents:

The world premiere preview of the "I.V." PV.

BE THERE for the premiere of X JAPAN's first work together since they ended an era ten years ago.

It's X JAPAN cast against the waters of Tokyo Bay. YOSHIKI and TOSHI. PATA and HEATH. Beautiful instruments. HIDE's presence. X JAPAN reigns again.

THEY ARE X. And they're coming.... ONLY to Jrock Revolution.

Spread the word and keep checking the site... the first look at "I.V." will debut here at www.jrockrevolution.com for all to see.

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 01:18:09 PM
Thanks for the info, it seems I have to check jrr now every few hours.  :wink:

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 03:13:47 PM
They don't have the premiere...
http://i13.tinypic.com/7wp5fnt.jpg

hi there

Offline myuu

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myuu.de
Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 03:40:12 PM
Quote from: "darkcat21"
They don't have the premiere...
http://i13.tinypic.com/7wp5fnt.jpg

so there are people who HAVE already the DVD? where's the dvd rip? :D If you know someone who owns the DVD please let me contact him/her. I can help him/her with ripping the PV :)

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 03:46:46 PM
I thought the DVD will be released on 22th january?  :?

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 08:26:35 PM
Quote from: "AsukaMiyu"
I thought the DVD will be released on 22th january?  :?

Thats the official date for the official release. It will be on sale on that day.

Offline alex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 02:40:45 PM
Leaked?

Offline myuu

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myuu.de
Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 03:00:24 PM
leaked!  :D

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008, 03:31:47 PM
It'll be probably taken down soon, so enjoy it while it lasts.

This is my administrator color.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #9 on: January 19, 2008, 09:28:36 AM
And here it is!

http://www.jrockrevolution.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=402

Whoever picked that part of the pv is awesome! :)

Offline Astralmind

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: January 19, 2008, 06:34:25 PM
Well, I like the clip quite a bit. Actually made me like the song a bit more. If it wouldn't be for the actual SAW IV scenes in the clip, it felt very X-ish with the rain and all. Pretty pleased.

The whole concept of seeing X return in a somewhat pretty crappy movie (lets face it...) is disappointing but still good news. Can't wait to have the actual DVD release. Any idea if the clip will also be on the Bluray ?

Now... one thing that really bugged me. All of those moments where they show hide or hide's guitar... I'm sorry but if the intent was to make some sort of tribute I feel like it failed miserably.  hide was not part of this project at all and as brought up earlier on, this song is clearly an easy attempt at getting some exposure to a more mainstream audience (nothing evil in doing that, after all, it is a business and they are in for the $, legitimate).  It feels like they threw some hide's shots in there to draw more fans in, or... I don't know it just doesn't feel "right". Had it been a live concert, a new album, things might have been different. Obviously there is nothing wrong in paying tribute to hide in X's future work but on this project ?... hide doesn't belong on a SAW IV $$$ cash in clip.

Bleh... maybe I'm not making sense at all. Anyways, very happy to see X back together, can't wait to see what will happen next with the press conference tomorrow :)  over 10 years of absence... and now they're back ! Yeah rock on  8)

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: January 19, 2008, 06:48:17 PM
hide appears when you can hear the unreleased hide tracks added in I.V.
in some way he contributed to I.V.

hi there

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #12 on: January 19, 2008, 07:13:37 PM
I think "The world premiere preview of the "I.V." PV. " is pretty obvious...?  :P

@Astralmind I agree with you on the x-ish atmosphere and about the hide clips looking a bit out of place... however, I don't think they did this to earn more money or somthing like that but because of the hide tracks they DID use and, well, to make the hide fans happy? I don't think that's really wrong. And it's not as if there were too many hide parts. Same with the saw parts. Those weren't really many for a movie theme songs either :)

Offline himurakenshin

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: January 19, 2008, 07:36:08 PM
i think they also wanted to state that hide will always be a part of the band, they aren't just replacing him...

Offline Amethyst_Dahlia

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart!
Reply #14 on: January 19, 2008, 08:13:16 PM
I expected the whole video at first, too, actually. XD But earlier in the day I noticed the word "preview" sprinkled around the announcement everywhere when I read it again, so that's when I realized it probably wouldn't be the whole video. X_x

But yeah, I personally think it's awesome that hide is in the video. ^_^ I don't think it's an issue at all beyond maybe the fact that someone who watches it and hasn't heard of X Japan might be like "So what's with that guitar anyway? O_o".

And yeah, to really enjoy Saw 4, you have to see the first three movies, since lots of characters and plot points from those movies show up in this one. o.o

Offline Konata

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: January 19, 2008, 08:45:46 PM
I'd have to agree with Astralmind on this one. It feels like they're making hide into a trademark of some sort to get more $$$. Naturally, he'll always be a part of X Japan, but X JAPAN? Nah. Yoshiki, wake up to the fact that hide isn't something to be whored around. Thanks.

Otherwise, the PV looks really nice. Some of the clips from Saw IV look pretty boring and stupid, but otherwise it looks neat. The rain makes it look very Endless Rain-ish to me. And Pata is cute! Looks like Yoshiki just dragged him out of a dumpster to play guitar. XD So cute!

Offline XjapanFOREVER

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: January 19, 2008, 09:46:05 PM
I loved the PV, I'm buying SAW IV on Tuesday just for the PV!!!
(I know it doesn't belong here, but forum wouldn't let me post new topics due to me being a new member, sorry) But according to Violetuk(dot)net , Violet UK will have some sort of a release this year! Of course, knowing YOSHIKI, that means it'll be out in 2012!!!!

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #17 on: January 19, 2008, 10:26:41 PM
Quote from: "Amethyst_Dahlia"
...I don't think it's an issue at all beyond maybe the fact that someone who watches it and hasn't heard of X Japan might be like "So what's with that guitar anyway? O_o"...
That might make people interested in the weird fact alone and make them search for info and then get hooked :P

And I just watched SAW IV, haven't seen the first three movies, quite liked it. I imagine I would have enjoyed it more if I had seen the first 3 movies also so I'll try to get them also.

This is my administrator color.

Offline Amethyst_Dahlia

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart!
Reply #18 on: January 19, 2008, 11:04:43 PM
Quote from: "Hypno"
That might make people interested in the weird fact alone and make them search for info and then get hooked :P

I thought of that, too, actually. XD

And about some of the other comments here, I don't really see how including tributes to hide in the PV means that X Japan is trying to sell out and get more money. o.o If anything, since the band is going for global recognition right now, I think they want everyone to know about hide, and for those who already know about him to remember him. ^^

Offline XjapanFOREVER

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: January 20, 2008, 01:51:11 AM
curiosity is a good way to get people interested...
I had a pic of them standing on the steps (due to hairstyles, I'd say it was taken around the days of the Orgasm EP, YOSHIKI's hair was half spiked and half flowing) anyways, someone asked who they were, I explained, she asked for a sample of music, I burned cd's, she now loves X.... I pat myself on the back, still!

Offline Astralmind

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: January 20, 2008, 06:13:43 AM
I get what everyone's saying and can see the good intentions behind it (didn't know there were guitar parts from hide on this track, makes a bit more sense). Again, had it been a live concert or even a full album not geared towards the promotion of a movie, hide could have belonged in there.  In this case it feels more like $$$  Just an opinion :)

As for SAW IV itself. Again, all about personal taste. I loved the first SAW (being and horror movie buff myself). I hated the second one and thought the 3 one was pretty entertaining. The IV one.. well.... meh. It wasn't awful but it was far from being as good as 1 or 3 (to me). Way too confusing, some stuff will get cleared in the V one but...  the torture scenes weren't as intense or creative as the others (that's including part 2 which had its moment in that department). Anyways, all I'm saying is that X = GODLY in the world of music. SAW IV = low average in the world of movies. I just think that GODLY and Average don't belong together ;)

Still... love the clip and can't wait to see what's next.