• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

The "I dont like ..." Thread

BizKiTRoAcH · 86189

Offline friday

• Moderators
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #330 on: July 14, 2008, 08:56:00 AM

'Imagining Nessun dorma playing while Kurt Cobain is smashing his guitar into Dave Grohls drumkit.'

MODERATOR'd!

Offline Desert Rose

• View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/yoshiki
Reply #331 on: July 14, 2008, 08:58:57 AM
You don't...... understand...... VIOLET UK is the future......... they are........ you just don't understand........!!!!

am NOT Yoshiki........ and I am not mad......!!!!!!

Offline Maverick

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #332 on: July 14, 2008, 01:05:30 PM
Actually, i think there's a special reason why VUK hasn't an own show, yet. Since it's supposed to be a 'revolution from the underground kingdom'. Honestly, to me personally the underground kingdom means Extasy. And that there's here and there a little bit of VUK just suits it. Personally, I'm still very careful with judging. I.E. Trip Hop is really not my thing, but then again there are songs from Violet UK i really like.
An own concert wouldn't fit in - that won't be the 'underground' anymore, because VUK would then stand in the spotlight.
I simply see it within the concert that it is a simple sequence in a break (more or less a break for Yoshiki - since Pata was on stage :P) - one could even say it was a weird new version of a Yoshiki Solo ;) - and i'm too curious  what else will happen with VUK in future.

Everywhere there flows...... BLUE BLOOD!!

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #333 on: July 14, 2008, 06:13:12 PM
@Maverick - I agree with everything you said. Except that putting them on as a 'break-time band' is also a bit cruel. Inevitably, people who are not fond of them beforehand will look at them just as if they were some mere distracting commercial add on TV, in between two split parts of a movie. If they want to take them serious (and I assume that VUK might have some good potential, both visually and musically, despite not being my style), they'd better place them in a different scenario. Otherwise, the first impression people will have of them is that of a... time-killer. I know there has to be something in the dead meanwhiles, for the band to rest and for the fans to keep entertained, but I'd go for something more neutral. An [important and promising] side-project of one the band members is a bit over the edge.
Anyway, just like you said, I'm also curious to see what's gonna happen next. Something keeps making me believe they haven't shown their full potential, yet.

@DR,

Quote from: "Desert Rose"
You don't...... understand...... VIOLET UK is the future......... they are........ you just don't understand........!!!!

Don't take us bad, we're not saying VUK is something worthless nor musically unpleasant. The only problem is that the context of their debut live appearence was not the best one, that's all. I also think that their music style might be quite futuristic, though.

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline Envenom

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #334 on: July 14, 2008, 11:38:37 PM
Damn, that VUK is some weird shit. It sounds a bit too arty for my taste. I'd take rock 'n' roll anyday over that crap.

Now don't hate me cos I'm a closeminded fuck, cos that's what I am.

http://www.myspace.com/sunrisehmsh

SUNRISE: the heavy metal benchpressing maniacs running wild!

Offline Belle & Sebastian

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #335 on: July 14, 2008, 11:45:35 PM
i dont like the 'new' stage outfits and looks, its boring.
i lied the colorful stuff, tons of make, crazy wigs and the dresses and roses and stuff.
then again the musical style doesnt fit the visual clothing anymore

Offline Jorge

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #336 on: July 15, 2008, 01:32:07 AM
I don't really think VUK fits in, I do wonder what Yoshiki is planning with VUK.

Offline Fri

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://friezaess.deviantart.com
Reply #337 on: July 15, 2008, 04:01:01 AM
I prefer music that's played with actual instruments.

Hence I can't stand most of the stuff that comes out of VUK. Curse you, electronica :(

Offline Mytrhil Taralom

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #338 on: July 16, 2008, 12:54:01 PM
I actually kind like it, it's raw, but not to raw and it's catchy.... :P

~Don't Forget To Be Awesome~

Offline miza

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #339 on: August 02, 2008, 07:45:15 PM
the comparison between Taiji and Heath.  I think they are both great bassists.  I don't have a favorite.  I'm sure you people could find a lot of things to back up a thesis such as "OMG X isn't X without Taiji!!" but I really don't care, because it's stupid. 

I agree with you. I think they're both good, maybe not equal, but they both have their good points and bad points.. Anyways I hate all kind of comparing (bands, people etc.)... It's just pointless.

I was supposed to write something else here too, but I forgot what it was :D

Offline Aerce

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #340 on: August 05, 2008, 08:52:42 PM
I didn't like taiji too much.. yes, I know he is skilled and all but just no. It's something about him I don't really like.
I still like Heath a lot more and his style, charisma.

They should release more stuff too.. pssst. yoshiki -> release = cash = yatta!!  ;)

Offline Kim Kyung Ho

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #341 on: August 05, 2008, 09:58:01 PM
I didn't like taiji too much.. yes, I know he is skilled and all but just no. It's something about him I don't really like.

They should release more stuff too.. pssst. yoshiki -> release = cash = yatta!!  ;)

I understand that. I kinda preferred Taiji as a bassist but Heath fits the image of X Japan. Taiji felt alittle too westernized, if you catch my drift.

Offline Aerce

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #342 on: August 05, 2008, 10:03:43 PM

I understand that. I kinda preferred Taiji as a bassist but Heath fits the image of X Japan. Taiji felt alittle too westernized, if you catch my drift.

Yea, agreed and overall I just happen to like Heath a lot more. But by no means I'm saying that Taiji sucks. No, he is a good bassist, I cannot deny that.

Offline ~Carmilla~

• Sunday Listener
  • ROCK LIKE FUCK!!!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/x_holic
Reply #343 on: August 06, 2008, 09:52:10 AM
I ******* can't believe this...

I don't think that Visual-Kei is a joke AT ALL!! For me it's a great "fashion-tide". And Yoshiki DIDN*T LOOK STUPID at all with his JACKETS!! They were jackets, NOT dresses!!
And you know, hide always has little bit "bizarre" look and clothes, but I think he just looks AWESOME in those! They fit him very well. hide looks always awesome, no matter what... <3

hide's music...  It makes me (and I bet that many other people too) feel so happy and good mood!! It describes hide's personality perfectly!

About Yoshiki's piano solos... Yoshiki feels such HUGE sadness! He just lets his pressure come out!!! You know, it must be SO HARD to find own father dead... I can't even imagine that feeling. That's why he has so aggressive solos... His drum solos... He has broken his wrist and neck because of it!! He has too much pressure and sadness inside of him. That's why I understand his banging, and watching it is very hurtful, but at the same time so beautiful.
And yes, if someone else would doo that, I would probably watch him like O______O!? but not Yoshiki... nononono never... I understand his pain.
About that "not the best drum solo"-thing. I usually skip drum solos because they are so BORING!!! But I never skip Yoshiki's. I think his drum solos ARE the best. They are everything else but boring!! I love watching Yoshiki 'cos I know that he lives to music. There I can see how much he loves it...

For me, I have NEVER noticed that hide tries to be the LEADER of X?!?!? Yoshiki is the leader, everyone knows that. hide's personality just makes it "look like it". For me hide is the cheerleader of X. Always on good mood and likes to make people on a good mood and feel good!!

I know this whole thing is an opinion thing but... It just makes me so goddamn mad if someone starts to criticize my favourite band so harshly... Their music has helped me so much and seems like I can't handle the hard words about X....

WE ARE X!!!

Offline Aerce

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #344 on: August 06, 2008, 10:17:14 AM
Yes, I have to agree with you ~Carmilla~.  I love Yoshiki's solos too

Offline ~Carmilla~

• Sunday Listener
  • ROCK LIKE FUCK!!!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/x_holic
Reply #345 on: August 06, 2008, 10:38:46 AM
Thank you, I really appreciate that ^-^

WE ARE X!!!

Offline demonbefriender

• Fan
  • I think I am a banana tree
    • View Profile
    • My Livejournal
Reply #346 on: September 16, 2008, 11:25:53 PM
To be honest, I think X Japan's image is extremely important. If they hadn't looked so ridiculous and "out there", they might not have gotten so much attention. Yes, music is music, and if I don't like a band's image, I'm not going to bitch about it. But sometimes, that image can attract people, or even drive them away. In that sense, looks are very important.

For me, I only hated some of the things Toshi wore in interviews, his casual look. Actually, I didn't "hate" them, I just laughed and thought, "Dear lord, what is that man wearing...". So, maybe I loved it. (laugh)

As for the Art of Life piano solo...
I don't think the actual playing was art, or anything musically good. I do, though, think it expressed a hell of a lot of emotion and made an interesting show. When I see Yoshiki pounding on that piano, I'm more blown away, and a little scared, rather than thinking, "That sounds like crap!".

I'd say more, but I have to get off the computer. ;D

GARBAGE DAY!

Offline Taku

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #347 on: September 17, 2008, 06:16:56 PM
I don't like the fact it's quite expensive to go to Japan to see X

!!Never To Be Forgotten!!

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #348 on: September 17, 2008, 07:26:47 PM
^ AGREED.

Offline nage

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #349 on: September 17, 2008, 08:23:46 PM
Thirded. :(

May X be with you!

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #350 on: September 17, 2008, 08:32:03 PM
You know, X should come to Europe!

wait...

Offline X-J

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #351 on: September 17, 2008, 09:21:12 PM
As for the Art of Life piano solo...
I don't think the actual playing was art, or anything musically good.

Could you be a bit more specific? That is, what do you call "art", and "musically good"? :)

Only what is in motion can rest."
-Martin Heidegger

Offline aruzo

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/aruzo
Reply #352 on: October 10, 2008, 01:17:12 AM
I don't like Drain.

Offline Ryo-Ohki

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #353 on: October 26, 2008, 08:06:50 PM
I don't like how sometimes Yoshiki is portrayed as 'shallow' or 'egotistical'.

I mean, he's not either.  If anything he'd be more opinionated than egotistical.  As for being shallow and such... would a shallow person go and take hot drinks to fans? 

I highly believe that he hasn't had a DUI since BEFORE hide's death.  Sooo... and the McGruff photos were long after that.......

This/these images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.

Offline insa123

• ::YNWA::
    • View Profile
Reply #354 on: December 13, 2008, 05:35:10 AM
I'm just curious as to how Yoshiki wouldn't even consider calling Taiji back. I mean, that man, obviously plays AWESOME guitar. And I doubt they're still holding grudges against each other. It's the ego I tell ya~

::WE ARE X::

Offline HarZy

• Fan
  • Sex, drugs and visual shock
    • View Profile
    • My Last.fm profile
Reply #355 on: December 13, 2008, 08:05:25 PM
I mean, that man, obviously plays AWESOME guitar.
I agree with the rest of your post, but Taiji played bass, not guitar. =)

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #356 on: December 13, 2008, 09:32:25 PM
He was quite gifted on the guitar also :P

This is my administrator color.

Offline UVER

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #357 on: December 14, 2008, 12:12:27 AM
Yep, just look at him playing Voiceless Screaming..

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #358 on: December 14, 2008, 10:29:45 AM
I'm just curious as to how Yoshiki wouldn't even consider calling Taiji back. I mean, that man, obviously plays AWESOME guitar. And I doubt they're still holding grudges against each other. It's the ego I tell ya~

::WE ARE X::

I think it's because Yoshiki (and X Japan) and Taiji walk on two different roads (since 1992). I don't think the style of music Taiji is playing now, fits with the style X is now. X changed a lot over the years, and it would be VERY weird to have Taiji back all of a sudden. And besides, what's wrong with Heath? Heath "fits" in X perfectly, and i'm sure he's tired of all the people comparing him with Taiji, or wanting Taiji back.
But don't get me wrong, I LOVE Taiji XDD and I prefer the oldskool X. But, X has changed, nobody can deny that. If X was still the same now as in 1992, then yeah, it wouldn't be too weird to have Taiji back. But it's not. Live with it :P

Lol, longest post I ever made? XD

Offline insa123

• View Profile
Reply #359 on: December 14, 2008, 01:25:24 PM

I think it's because Yoshiki (and X Japan) and Taiji walk on two different roads (since 1992). I don't think the style of music Taiji is playing now, fits with the style X is now. X changed a lot over the years, and it would be VERY weird to have Taiji back all of a sudden. And besides, what's wrong with Heath? Heath "fits" in X perfectly, and i'm sure he's tired of all the people comparing him with Taiji, or wanting Taiji back.
But don't get me wrong, I LOVE Taiji XDD and I prefer the oldskool X. But, X has changed, nobody can deny that. If X was still the same now as in 1992, then yeah, it wouldn't be too weird to have Taiji back. But it's not. Live with it :P

Lol, longest post I ever made? XD

I never said there's sth wrong with Heath lol, I love him definitely. i just though it would be nice if Taiji could come and play as the guitarist. Heath can still be the bassist and yeah, i know that's impossible XD