X Japan North American Tour

Sander · 79450

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
on: August 04, 2010, 09:04:33 AM
So I made a separate topic for it. Please, from now on post everything directly related to the North American tour here.

Yoshiki just tweeted that "We may be able to announce the details of the US tour dates at Lollapalooza or before. I'm so excited!"

4 days left until Lollapalooza!

EDIT August 16th:

All ticket sales have started:

Wiltern Theatre, Los Angeles, CA - September 25th Buy tickets - US $39.50 - US $75.00; Discuss the live here!
The Wiltern Theatre and adjacent 12-story Pellissier Building are Art Deco architectural landmarks located on the corner of Wilshire Boulevard and Western Avenue in Los Angeles, California. The entire complex is commonly referred to as the Wiltern Center. Clad in a blue-green glazed architectural terra-cotta tile and situated on a diagonal to the street corner, the complex is considered one of the finest examples of Art Deco style architecture in the United States.

The Wiltern Theatre [--- allows] for a variety of configurations from a standing room only crowd of 2300 to a more intimate seated arrangement holding 1850 people.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fox Theatre, Oakland, CA - September 28th Buy tickets - $37.50; Discuss the live here!
The Fox Oakland Theatre is a 2,800-seat movie theater, located at 1807 Telegraph Avenue in downtown Oakland, California. The theater was designed by Weeks and Day, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and reopened on February 5, 2009.

Paramount Theatre, Seattle, WA - October 1st Buy Tickets - $42.00; Discuss the live here!
The Paramount Theatre in Seattle, Washington is a 2,807-seat performing arts venue at 9th Avenue and Pine Street in Downtown Seattle in the United States of America. It was placed on the National Register of Historic Places on October 9, 1974. It is also an official City of Seattle landmark. The Paramount was built expressly for showing film and secondarily, vaudeville. As of 2009, the Paramount is currently operated as a performing arts venue, serving a diverse patron base that attends Broadway theatre, concerts, dance, comedy, family engagements, silent film and jazz. It is considered to be one of the busiest theatres in the region.

Queen Elizabeth Theatre, Vancouver, Canada - October 3rd Buy Tickets - CA$58.75- CA$138.75; Discuss the live here!
The Queen Elizabeth Theatre is a performing arts venue in downtown Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Along with the Orpheum and the Vancouver Playhouse, it is one of three facilities operated by the Vancouver Civic Theatres Department (the Playhouse adjoins the QE Theatre in the same complex).

Formerly the home of the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra, which is now based at the Orpheum, the Queen Elizabeth Theatre is the home of the Vancouver Opera and Ballet BC, in addition to hosting various other musical events year-round. The theatre has a 70' wide x 40' deep (21.34m x 12.19m) stage / performing area and seats 2,929 people at maximum capacity.

Riviera Theatre, Chicago, IL - October 6th Buy Tickets - $29.00; Discuss the live here!
Located in Chicago’s historic Uptown theater district, at the intersection of Racine, Broadway and Lawrence the Riviera Theatre is a central part of the Chicago’s past and present. Completed in 1917 by architects George and C.W. Rapp (Rapp & Rapp), it was built as a movie theater for the Balaban & Katz chain. Transformed into a private nightclub in 1986, the Riviera Theatre is now one of Chicago’s premier concert and special events venues. The Riviera Theatre is capable of holding some 2,500 spectators.

Massey Hall. Toronto, Canada - October 7th Buy Tickets - CA$53.89 - CA$83.89; Discuss the live here!
Massey Hall is a venerable performing arts theatre in the Garden District of downtown Toronto. The theatre originally was designed to seat 3,500 patrons but, after extensive renovations in the 1940s, now seats up to 2,752.

Roseland Ballroom, New York - October 10th Buy Tickets - $38.50; Discuss the live here!
The Roseland Ballroom (also referred to as Roseland Dance City) is a multi-purpose hall, in a converted ice skating rink, with a colorful ballroom dancing pedigree, in New York City's theatre district, on West 52nd Street.

The venue, according to its website, can accommodate 3,200 standing (with an additional 300 upstairs), 2,500 for a dance party, between 1,500 and 1,800 in theatre style, and 800-1,000 for a sit-down dinner.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 11:00:42 PM by Hypno »

This is my administrator color.

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 06:03:32 PM
I'm so excited!"

Yes, me too, and don't forget Europe damned  :D

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 07:30:06 PM
This is very exciting for the American fans!

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

Offline IronMaitallica

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 03:54:16 AM
I was just dying in anticipation, but the dates still haven't been announced. I'm praying for a Minneapolis/St. Paul show, but I'll most likely be let down. LA and New York have basically been confirmed, and I'm sure Dallas will get a show, but beyond that we'll just have to hope for the best.

Offline GoskinsVT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 03:54:50 AM
Washington D.C. also confirmed.

Offline sai

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 04:06:19 AM
How do you know DC was confirmed? I'm just super curious and ready to pounce to get my own ticket.

Offline GoskinsVT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 04:09:17 AM
I was at Otakon and the two cities Yoshiki 'confirmed' for the audience were Washington D.C. and NY

Offline sai

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 09, 2010, 04:11:09 AM
I thought it was LA and New York that were confirmed at Otakon...

Offline GoskinsVT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 04:11:50 AM
Nope. Believe me as soon as he said Washington D.C. I was out of my seat screaming. I doubt I misheard him from 10 feet away.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 04:14:11 AM by GoskinsVT »

Offline sai

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: August 09, 2010, 04:19:34 AM
According to a Japanese newspaper, he's confirmed Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Vancouver, New York and Boston (And also now Washington DC.) So, Dallas, Atlanta, and Miami would make the most sense. Switch Miami with Chicago again, maybe.

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: August 09, 2010, 04:24:25 AM
Which newspaper? UGH this is frustrating me so much. How come Japanese press gets to know when it's not even in their own country! I understand if some of the dates are still being discussed between management/venues etc but if they know what's going on, it would've been wise to announce it at Lolla for the North American fans! durrrrrrrrrr

edit: ALSO where's the Toronto love! >_< Vancouver has been mentioned since the beginning of this US tour thing and it's no where near the population of Toronto!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 04:26:21 AM by Feudal »

Offline sai

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: August 09, 2010, 04:34:22 AM
They answered it at a mini-concert and press conference in Tokyo near the end of July.

http://www.japan-zone.com/news/2010/07/09/x_japan_announce_first_us_tour.shtml

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: August 09, 2010, 04:37:23 AM
Oh ok, well I knew about that and the press conference in Japan about that and the Yokohama lives. There's still about 4 cities or so that have yet to be announced. It says across ten cities and only 6 or so have been mentioned.

Offline sai

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: August 09, 2010, 04:42:15 AM
Apparently Washington DC was confirmed at Otakon. Now it's just a guessing game until they release the others. Though, Dallas and Atlanta have a very good chance of being right, considering. You don't want to play only of the east or west coast, because you'd be missing a vital portion of both the south or the middle of the US.

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: August 09, 2010, 04:44:52 AM
Yea that's true. I mean, if they don't come to Toronto I'll be upset cause the closest for me would be New York appox. 12 hours away by car...which I would try and do because after this, who knows what will be happening...I'm considering this a once in a lifetime opportunity. I was ready to go to New York in 2008 for MSG lol

If they figure New York is close enough for Eastern-lying Canadians then why select Vancouver and Seattle? They're even closer than Toronto and NYC. LOL now I'm beginning to get into it too much...Ahhh so much Xcitement in one day.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 04:46:48 AM by Feudal »

Offline sai

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: August 09, 2010, 04:47:50 AM
I had my tickets and plane tickets bought and ready last time. I thought I was going to murder someone or something last time. And you're right--who knows if this'll ever happen again? If it does, it means we go again. But if not, at least we'll have the memory of seeing X play live at least once.

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: August 09, 2010, 04:53:47 AM
Exactly, took the words out of my mouth. It's too good to be true that they're breaking into North America like this and finally, it seems so promising. I'll tell you what though, one of my friends was at the Miyavi concert here in Toronto about a month or so ago and at the end of the concert, on a projector screen, he told me it said: "X JAPAN COMING SOON" and he was flipping out and I was too when he told me. I've got confidence! We know both him and Yoshiki have good connections and why would he allow for that to be shown if it wasn't even on the table, sort of thing.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 04:55:51 AM by Feudal »

Offline sai

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: August 09, 2010, 04:57:15 AM
I'm really hoping for Dallas. I go to school in southern New Mexico, and it means that it would be only a 10 hour drive to Dallas. My other choices are LA and New York, but I've already got tickets to see VAMPS in New York... Though it would be fabulous if they did it while I was there, on a friday night... That would be awesome.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #18 on: August 09, 2010, 11:06:54 AM
...I wouldn't put too much hope in any city before there isn't even at least an officially announced date for it. XD
You American people are so optimistic, I think you still have to learn a lot...! ;D

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: August 09, 2010, 07:40:25 PM
...I wouldn't put too much hope in any city before there isn't even at least an officially announced date for it. XD
You American people are so optimistic, I think you still have to learn a lot...! ;D

Sounds like you're just jealous ;p!!! No but seriously I'm just trying to piece together and make educated guesses on where the stops will be. As I've already said, my dream stop would be my hometown, Toronto...Canada's largest city...and it was shown at the last Miyavi concert here that "X JAPAN COMING SOON" It's at least safe to say it's deeply being considered.

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: August 09, 2010, 10:21:19 PM
http://www.sanspo.com/geino/news/100810/gnj1008100526008-n1.htm

WOOT TORONTO! A few more U.S cities are mentioned too ANNND Europe is on the map for January 2011 and onward!

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #21 on: August 09, 2010, 10:56:36 PM
From Xplosion-online:

According to Sanspo, the North American leg of the X JAPAN World Tour is scheduled to start on September 25th in Los Angeles, California. There are concerts planned for several other cities - San Francisco (CA), Seattle (WA), Vancouver (Canada), Chicago (IL), and Toronto (Canada), with more cities yet to be revealed (there have been earlier mentions of Washington D.C. and New York (NY) as well).

The European leg of the tour is planned to start in January 2011. No further information about the concert locations, specific dates or ticket sales has been released, but we'll make sure to let you know as soon as anything becomes available!

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: August 09, 2010, 11:00:14 PM
One thing is in my memory; Europe 2011!!!! YES!!! :D

Offline freshtofu

• Sunday Listener
  • yoran2009x
    • View Profile
    • my blog
Reply #23 on: August 09, 2010, 11:16:10 PM
San Francisco!!! Is this official information from the band management?

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #24 on: August 09, 2010, 11:34:05 PM
This is a Sanspo article, which quoted some official guy (that DOESN'T mean it's official). But the date (sept. 25th) was also mentioned in a Mainichi article, however without any other information.

I'd say time will tell!

Offline peso

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: August 10, 2010, 01:18:40 PM
I hope they manage to come to Helsinki also.
Some small club gig would be so cool.

Offline XScars

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xjapan.de
Reply #26 on: August 10, 2010, 02:21:21 PM
any guesses in which timeframe the shows will be? because I want to see them in boston and I can't get the 2nd and 3rd october week off at work (or rather I could get some free days but I would have to know before next week)... -_- with my luck its probably excatly during that time... ( I'm in Japan one week after the yokohama shows... -_-)

*Katrin

From now on I will try to live for you and for me
I will live with love and with dreams
and forever with Tears...
(Yoshiki - Tears)
http://www.xjapan.de

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #27 on: August 10, 2010, 03:12:01 PM
There are no specific dates, aside from the L.A. (Sept. 25th) one released anywhere. The Sanspo article seemed to quote Yoshiki, but again, no specific or official information has been released.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #28 on: August 10, 2010, 09:32:46 PM
Hey I'm flying back to Europe from the US on.... 25th september.... *headdesk*

X doesn't like me either. XD But I won't miss them in Paris no matter what!!! ò_o Yoshikicchatte!

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: August 16, 2010, 11:36:07 AM
Queen Elizabeth Theatre in Vancouver on October 3 :P

http://www.ticketmaster.com/X-Japan-tickets/artist/1481693

Yeah, ok, it's Canada not US

hi there