ForeverFades · 46275

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #90 on: May 28, 2011, 07:59:49 AM
Ha, Love Gun!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Quite nice choice of songs! I was rather worried about what the radio show might be like since they talked about anime and hello kitty in most articles announcing the radio show....  ::)

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: May 28, 2011, 09:18:02 AM
Yoshiki talking about Jade.

Next song, Jade! Appears to be the same version we have already.

Yes, but did it have the full opening riff or did it have that large section of it cut out like the very first preview that was put up on xjapanmusic.com (if you remember? that)

I just read from some people on Xradicaldeamers that Yoshiki had the solos from Vanishing Love and Standing Sex playing in the background, well if so Yoshiki, then why don't you play those songs live!?!?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 01:40:41 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: May 28, 2011, 09:35:13 AM
Thanks for the report

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: May 28, 2011, 10:11:45 AM
Nice collection of songs.

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: May 28, 2011, 01:23:09 PM
Yoshiki talking about Jade.

Next song, Jade! Appears to be the same version we have already.

Yes, but did it have the full opening riff or did it have that large section of it cut out like every very first preview that was put up on xjapanmusic.com (if you remember? that)

I just read from some people on Xradicaldeamers that Yoshiki had the solos from Vanishing Love and Standing Sex playing in the background, well if so Yoshiki, then why don't you play those songs live!?!?

Jade had the full riff and everything. Just like the live versions.

And yea, they had some X Japan tunes playing in the background whenever it mentioned "You're listening to Yoshiki Radio!!". They had Vanishing Love, Standing Sex, X, and I also think I heard Stab Me In The Back at one point even. But it was like 5 second clips.

>~X~<

Offline Kyubi

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yoshiki.fr
Reply #95 on: May 29, 2011, 07:47:11 PM

>_<

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: May 29, 2011, 09:38:51 PM

>_<

Lmao, they seem to be under the impression that Yoshiki is getting an entire channel. However, its just a show on an existing channel that broadcasts for one hour once a month. The co-anchor didn't seem to know that X Japan was a band until a couple minutes into that rant, and then didn't know Yoshiki was a member until halfway through. It'd be nice if they could do their homework, lol.

>~X~<

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #97 on: May 29, 2011, 10:25:56 PM
Howard Stern doesn't know F'all about anything before he starts rambling about it, ignore him.

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: May 29, 2011, 10:33:23 PM
Mr. Stern, congratulations for a journalistic master stroke - no idea what it is all about, no idea about the person you speak of, no idea what he is doing and why he got a short radioshow, even no idea how to pronounce the name right, nice to know that stupid radio shows are something global ::) ::) ::)

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline MiXu

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #99 on: May 29, 2011, 10:58:51 PM
Yoshiki's laughing to it on twitter.

Offline IronMaitallica

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #100 on: May 29, 2011, 11:04:57 PM
You know, the fact that Howard Stern spent a whole 8 minutes talking about X Japan just goes to show that Yoshiki Radio ended up being a pretty good idea after all. He's showing maybe a little bit of ignorance there, but it's kind of funny.

Offline XVikyX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #101 on: May 29, 2011, 11:25:34 PM
what a nonsense - attacking smth you don't even know, and haven't even managed to find some information about the topic... epic ignorance, epic fail. But still it's sort of ad Roll Eyes

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. (c)

Offline MadMiyu

• Sunday Listener
  • 「君の孤独を薔薇に変えて」
    • View Profile
    • Rantings of a bassist...
Reply #102 on: May 29, 2011, 11:45:58 PM
I didn't finish listening to Howard...but about the broadcast itself, I think, a lot of fans expected more Yoshiki and more japanese music....I don't mind the english/american music at all xD but i guess, a lot of people do... But, I think about it like this: When (...older..in general) japanese men who make music now, were young, they listened to american/english rock... because there wasn't a LOT of japanese rock yet and in their childhood, Japan had very narrow connections with the US so besides folk music and 'pop' there wasn't a lot until the 70s (if I'm correct)... so...I imagine, if the grew up with it, they still listen to American/english music even now... same goes for Yoshiki...

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: May 30, 2011, 05:57:31 AM
dont worry about that so much, people will wondering about X Japan , and why howard ranting at X?? people will check it out why, and they will find out about the true X Japan. its good promotion (try to think positive)

Ex denxdenx

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #104 on: May 30, 2011, 09:34:03 AM
 more videos
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8_bI1y6Vag[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjA9ZaVAdc4[/youtube]

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: May 30, 2011, 11:33:11 AM
I do find at amusing that Howard Stern has the audacity to criticise so many things and say they will have no entertainment value in an 8 minute rambling segment of his own radio show - as if that were at all entertaining! He's a dick, everyone knows this, he just says controversial things to keep his name in the news. He's a shock-jock, he needs publicity in order to be relevant, so us talking about him is exactly what he wants - and we should therefore leave it as it is and not give him the satisfaction of having gotten a rise from us.

But, all in all, lets be honest - Yoshiki radio was pretty shit. I hate to say it, but me and Ulquiorra guessed it pretty well earlier in the topic. It was just Yoshiki rambling about how he went to see Kiss in concert with his mother in barely audible english followed by various pieces of music. It was a terrible, terrible radio show.

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: May 30, 2011, 12:28:54 PM
@ Beauty/Broken: some years ago was a movie in the cinemas "Howard Stern vs. the people" wich portrayed Stern as unconventional, charismatic and yes intelligent, who wants make a radio show far away from the mainstream for really good entertainment, seems that the movie charakter was very different from the original, and it seems that i don´t miss a thing not watching TV and listening to radio anymore (We do have same Howard Sterns in Germany too)

and about Yoshikis appearing on a radio show - ääähmm, he should let it be, instead of telling stories we all know by now and playing music we´ve already heard he should concentrate on getting ready with the new material he promise us for ages, I heard a romour the will be a new song named "Jade" and so on...

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline Ashemanu

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: May 30, 2011, 12:29:52 PM
Well, did anyone, in all honesty, really really expect the show to be the awardwinning radio show of 2011? ^^  At least he chose a good setlist, I really liked the songs :) And the rest ... it was better than I thought it would be ... I could understand almost 1/3 of it!

Offline XVikyX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: May 30, 2011, 01:07:06 PM
Well, did anyone, in all honesty, really really expect the show to be the awardwinning radio show of 2011? ^^  
not me :) But I found it good that he would make this show just for fun, because he likes doing it ^^ It's OK to try smth new, new activities, new projects, just for a change.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. (c)

Offline vash-chan

• Sunday Listener
  • Yoshikitty icon made by stainedcardigan @ LJ
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Reply #109 on: May 30, 2011, 01:21:56 PM
I didn't finish listening to Howard...but about the broadcast itself, I think, a lot of fans expected more Yoshiki and more japanese music....I don't mind the english/american music at all xD but i guess, a lot of people do... But, I think about it like this: When (...older..in general) japanese men who make music now, were young, they listened to american/english rock... because there wasn't a LOT of japanese rock yet and in their childhood, Japan had very narrow connections with the US so besides folk music and 'pop' there wasn't a lot until the 70s (if I'm correct)... so...I imagine, if the grew up with it, they still listen to American/english music even now... same goes for Yoshiki...

I totally agree :D
From listening to this show I wasn't expecting so much either.  I was just curious to see what he'd put in the show, whether it's music (it gives me an idea on what he likes from Japan and elsewhere) or what things interest him when it comes to his own culture.  He was definitely quiet -even while listening with my headphones on XD- each time he spoke and I had to put the volume up really high.   

I really liked his song choices (Muse's Apocalypse Please and Metallica's One yay \o/).  Surely he'll have more Japanese music to share in his next shows...
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 01:38:01 PM by vash-chan »

My Get X Japan To The UK petition
Please sign if you are a fan from the UK .  Also on Twitition here EDIT:- YAY they came to the UK :)

Offline blur

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #110 on: May 30, 2011, 04:24:36 PM
his voice made me laugh a lot...OMG! I cant believe somebody hired him as a radio host

Offline GoskinsVT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #111 on: May 30, 2011, 04:53:54 PM
his voice made me laugh a lot...OMG! I cant believe somebody hired him as a radio host

You're right, he's only the most popular radio host in history. No big deal.

Offline Conscript

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #112 on: May 30, 2011, 05:06:38 PM
I couldn't finish listening to the howard fragment because of his random rambling, but at least he played a bit of I.V in the background. You can see it as advertising :)

sigsig・∀・

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #113 on: May 30, 2011, 09:34:23 PM
I like that Yoshiki Radio was a big enough deal that Howard Stern felt he needed to bitch about it. hahaha. :D

>~X~<

Offline Jrockergirl

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #114 on: May 31, 2011, 08:58:21 AM
wow I was gone for a few days and seems some stuff happened. Howard Stern actually tried to talk bad about Yoshiki's show?

man I really need to find out what I missed, It was either the radio show or head up to Fanime a few days early with family then Fanime to see Yoshiki so I chose the up close. Still it will have tons of ppl on Stern for sure......maybe time for Stern vs Yoshiki?

Offline darthchilli

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #115 on: May 31, 2011, 01:02:31 PM
this is howard stern
do we really give two shits what his opinion is? for all we know, his show isn't 100% controlled by him. What makes u think he's really going to be rambling on about Yoshiki for 8minutes. Its SiriusXM, that dumped a truck of cash to Yoshiki, so to gain viewers for Yoshiki, they grab their most popular on air host to take shit to get ppl to tune in.

as for the actual radio show, I didnt listen to it, becuz I just dont have Sat.Radio. It was good b4 now I find out horrible. Regardless, I didn't have a slight fient of hope for this to be successful. Its not because Yoshiki isn't great, but his english is not made for radio. Its very niche.

The music he selected is something I enjoy, but it caters to the older crowd, not ur screaming fan girl who dun care to bother even trying to like say Metallica.

I want X to be successful over here in NorthAmerica, but I can't see this happening. Having Yoshiki appear at anime festivals and panels is a waste of time because these people know of him. if Yoshiki wants to really make it big, focus on the music, dont focus on some panel. He needs a new PR team.

Offline Unoriginal Name X

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #116 on: May 31, 2011, 03:26:36 PM
Heh, funny thing is I went to a show the other day and, coincidentally, Vampires Everywhere were opening for this one as they did during the North American leg of the world tour and while me and my friend didn't talk to that many people while waiting in line (partially because there was barely anybody, If there were more than 100 people there I'd be surprised) the people we did had at least a vague idea of who X were when we mentioned having previously seen Vampires open for them. So take that, Stern.  :P Now, to check on youtube to see if anybody has uploaded any of Yoshiki's taking a stab at DJ'ing.

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #117 on: June 06, 2011, 08:18:32 PM
set list the radio yesterday

1 SLIPKNOT - DUALITY
2 RADIOHEAD - CREEP
3 X JAPAN - Silent Jealousy
4 Trent Reznor - Hurt
5 Vast - Touched
6 The Doors - Break on through
7 Sex Pistols - Anarchy in the UK
8 David Bowie - Heroes
9 X JAPAN - DAHLIA
10 The Pretty Reckless - Make Me Wanna Die
11 Aerosmith - Dream On

credit:russian x-japan community

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #118 on: June 06, 2011, 09:21:23 PM
cool setlist, some of the songs I havn´t been listening for ages
Thanx again Rafaelo

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #119 on: June 06, 2011, 09:36:24 PM
1 partie
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkPxzb3lBkw[/youtube]