• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Message to drivedrivebaby from Palma

Palma · 4349

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
on: September 04, 2010, 03:06:04 PM
Since all your accounts are hacked I can't even PM you. :'( Just hoping that you will still look at the board. You have my mailing address; just send me a note via snail mail with your new info.

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 03:15:07 PM
Somebody knows how you can fix this sort of problems?

Offline anna_lepard

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 03:34:30 PM
What happen to her?

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 03:37:58 PM
All her accounts are hacked, taken over by someone else.
Keylogger virus or something like that.
All her registrations, even for bankaccount, are hacked.
But I don't know that sort of problems.

Offline ddb2

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 06:56:01 PM
Hi everyone, this is drivedrivebaby under a new name.

Thank you to everyone for your concern. Yes, it was a keylogger trojan, and yes, my life got royally screwed.

WHOEVER DID THIS, if you are someone in this forum (and I have my (very strong)suspicions; see below) either posting or lurking, you truly, truly suck.  I never believed you would stoop so low as to do this. This is a public warning to everyone, NOT AN ATTEMPT TO CREATE DRAMA, but please everyone exercise extreme caution around certain people in this fandom. If it is the ones I suspect who did this to me, completely unwarranted, then they can do it to you too. I had damn good security on my PC and their keylogger trojan was insidious enough to get around it, so the same could happen to you.

And to the other people (lurkers mainly) who are LOLing at me no doubt; it ain't karma, sweeties. Nothing I have done or said to anyone justifies what those hackers did to me. Plus if you're going to laugh at someone's misfortune like that, proves how pathetic you truly are. If this happened to you, even if we weren't on good terms, I'd never wish something like this upon you. I might hope your website goes to the proverbial dogs as it were, but I would never wished that someone compromised all your personal info and drained your bank account.

To the girls who I suspect hacked me; yeah, you did some damage, now go and celebrate your achievements in your own forum. You truly suck, and have no life.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 07:13:10 AM by ddb2 »

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 08:35:03 PM
You are obviously very upset and not without reason! Let's not jump to conclusions. I would go back to the police and try to get their e-Crime unit involved. You are most likely not their first and/or only victim. The extent of this at least warrants a more serious investigation.

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline ddb2

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 08:55:05 PM
Thank you Palma, honey. And you're right. I won't completely jump to conclusions, but if it DOES happen to be the You Know Who group who did this then what I'm saying is this would not surprise me.

ITA, it warrants serious investigation. But the police are...well...they say there is nothing they can do unless someone actually does, or attempt to do, physical harm to me. They have logged the incident and referred me to a website that was of little use to me, but that's it. It's ludicrous really. Absolutely ludicrous. Fortunately, the bank say my money is retrievable, and I've cancelled all my cards and suspended my account so they cannot do any more damage. All my accounts other than my bank have proved to be irretrievable, though. So that's around a dozen accounts, gone. My HEATH FC membership too. I paid good money for that, and it's now in someone else's hands, and the FC are yet to get back to me about what can be done. But it's the weekend and I doubt they work weekends, so hopefully I'll heart something from them on monday.

Ah well, all I can do is watch this space lol. Thank you Palma, Ann and everyone else for your concern.

x

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 09:14:46 PM
I never understand why someone would do this? what would they gain from it? It's borderline abuse and very distressing on the victim.

I wish you a speedy outcome ddb2!

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

CharonCaori

Reply #8 on: September 04, 2010, 10:57:09 PM
Wow. I'm glad the money is recoverable. I'm sorry this happened to you.

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 04, 2010, 11:26:23 PM
It's borderline abuse and very distressing on the victim.

I'd say.....that's exactly the reason why people do it.....o_O'

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline anna_lepard

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 05, 2010, 02:36:06 PM
Drive Drive baby how can i help ? You know my issue with annheath. is there way to help you?

Offline ddb2

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 05, 2010, 07:51:23 PM
thanks again to those who replied.

And to those who obviously read this topic and are saying "yes it is karma!" (well, apparently you are, so I've heard) ... wow. Seriously. Wow. Gotta hand it to you, you've got me lost for words now. You really, really suck. More than I could ever imagine.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 10:38:55 AM by ddb2 »

Offline TheCrimsonIdol

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Reply #12 on: September 06, 2010, 07:35:49 PM
Hope you are doing alright now! I can't imagine this would be something anyone would want to deal with :(
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 07:37:24 PM by TheCrimsonIdol »

Who do you trust when everyone's a crook?

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #13 on: September 06, 2010, 08:59:58 PM
Any decent bank should log all (online) logins and transactions so it shouldn't really be a big problem tracking the bad guys down?

And also, even though you might have your theories and suspicions, I would like to ask you to refrain from naming any names without more concrete evidence from now on. Thanks for understanding.

This is my administrator color.

Offline ddb2

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: September 07, 2010, 07:10:48 AM
@ Hypno: understood, and edited. Let me reiterate however that it was not an attempt to create drama, but rather a genuine desire to warn people against certain fandom members who, even viruses aside, have caused myself and others a fair amount of trouble seemingly without reason. That was my motive for doing it, misplaced perhaps, but with the best of intentions.

And about the bank, you'd certainly think so (emphasis on the 'think'). Fortunately I got the money back, and I'm now taking further measures against identity fraud, so the situation is at least somewhat better now.

Anyway, perhaps this thread should be locked or even deleted, as those who needed to contact me now can do so via my new email (which they already have).
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 07:22:52 AM by ddb2 »