Saint(c) · 6929

Offline diesel88

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.conspicuousphotography.com
Reply #30 on: February 07, 2007, 01:26:03 PM
Quote from: "PanthereNoire"
Hikaru Genji *chuckles*

That brings back memories from places I am not cure I want to go back to. ;)

Though Akasaka was kind of cute. :twisted:

haha ya.. old school.. that was way before Smap became famous

Offline Hurley

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: February 07, 2007, 02:54:45 PM
Quote from: "NinjaGeek"
Quote from: "Hurley"
I loved the musics from Mega Man X -games as a kid, they were rock/metal with that japanese touch.

I think you'll enjoy this.

The Only Way to Make Mega Man 2 Better.
http://megamanbetter.ytmnd.com/

Hehe, I never really cared for the NES Mega Man -series, I liked the SNES Mega Man X -series, that had some cool music ;P Plus NES midis sound like shit :D

Mod color o' mine

Offline Ashura

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: February 12, 2007, 08:53:29 PM
I guess it was some Urusei Yatsura opening.. My dad bought some Urusei Yatsura VHS and so.. the first opening was the first touch to Japanese music. xD I was then 10-12 years old I guess.

I started looking for Japanese music when I was 14 when I fell in love with V6, the band who plays the first Inuyasha opening. For some time I listened jpop but soon started looking for jrock, X Japan was one of the first ones. :)

We're X!

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: March 13, 2007, 11:25:12 PM
I started with a bit of Chinese music. "Traditional" Chinese music > Vivian Hsu > Vicki Zhao (Zhao Wei) > Ayumi Hamasaki > Aya Ueto > SPEED > Morning Musume (and most of the Hello! Project sub-groups/solo stuff) > X Japan.

Going from Morning Musume > X Japan is an odd step. If you are wondering how that happened, a friend of mine that I speak to online knew that I listened to "crappy Japanese stuff" as he put it and his friend setup an FTP for him to download some music and he saw a "Japanese Music" folder and said to me "This guy has some of the crappy JP music you like" so I told him to let me see what it is. I logged into the FTP and there were 2 folders. Ayumi Hamasaki and X JAPAN. I knew who Ayumi Hamasaki was so I went into the X Japan folder and it had random mp3s aswell as the "X Japan - Perfect Best" album. I downloaded them all to check it out and the first song I listened to which got me hooked was "Endless Rain". After realising how amazingly awesome X Japan were, I decided to go and try out other Japanese rock bands. And it all went uphill from there. Now I listen to loads of Japanese bands (mostly rock/metal but a few pop artists too) aswell as Korean and Chinese and pretty much any language. I'm more of a music person than a lyrics person which is why I have no problem listening to foreign language music. If the music is good then i'm happy. They can be singing about slaughtering children and animals for all I care.. as long as it has good music playing then i'll listen :D

Offline Azak

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: March 13, 2007, 11:42:45 PM
eh , x japan was my first jrock band lol .. and probably the only one i like or ever liked O_o

and the first song i heard about them was endless rain

url=http://userbars.org][/url]