• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
on: March 20, 2009, 12:47:44 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txZb_phm5CA[/youtube]

Offline Ashemanu

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 01:30:07 PM
Thanks for this! I love the hairstyle and the color ... is that hide´s grave he is visiting?

Offline jacquien

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 01:33:57 PM
it's his father's grave

the video is about his attitude towards suicde and his comments about his father's suicide...

plus ...he played a bit piano at the end...and that should be x's new song ~~

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 01:42:58 PM
i first thought it was the new song too, but it's without you rock version :D
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 01:55:32 PM by darkcat21 »

hi there

Offline GoskinsVT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 02:10:59 PM
I would be extremely interested in a full translation...if anyone has the time.

Offline edyork

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 05:32:14 PM
Thanks!
Finally, something.. although this should be filmed quite awhile ago..
im interested in the song at the end... whether it'd be a new song or a rock version of Without You.

yes, i'd appreciate that too!

Offline 003chan

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: March 20, 2009, 06:18:54 PM

I'm working on it, I'm not sure if I'll be able to finish it though.

Offline demonbefriender

• Fan
  • I think I am a banana tree
    • View Profile
    • My Livejournal
Reply #7 on: March 20, 2009, 06:27:06 PM
I'm working on it, I'm not sure if I'll be able to finish it though.

I think anything will do, even a summary; we'll be thankful none the less. I'm just really interested in this, considering Yoshiki doesn't really talk much about his father. I was really surprised watching this video, honestly.

GARBAGE DAY!

Offline edyork

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: March 20, 2009, 06:42:56 PM
^ yea! thats why, im surprised too.
& he shed a tear.... in that interview

Offline Ryo-Ohki

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: March 20, 2009, 09:20:12 PM
He looks amazing now... a bit healthier... and... mature

This/these images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.

Offline GoskinsVT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: March 20, 2009, 09:33:50 PM

I mean, he's 43...I hope he's mature.

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: March 20, 2009, 10:50:19 PM
please forgive my bad English and typo.
I just read someone's translation in chinese and then translated it in English.
Actually, I don't really understand well, but, you will have an idea what he was talking about.

Yoshiki wants to share the same experience with those (I guess: for the people who lost their loved one by committing suicide)

Mid. January in Hong Kong:
10 years after, with the reunion, X Japan started the world tour in Hong Kong. X Japan is still very popular, everyone loves the smiling Yoshiki on the stage.

Yo: "when I think about the only grief in my life which can never cure, is the suicide of my father, well, how can I explain this feeling?"

In Yoshiki's home town (Chiba) The seaside is 10 mins walk from his home
Yo: " I used to go fishing here"
Question: what is your best memory?
Yo: " since I was here several times a week, I didn't have much feeling about this"
Q: you came here with your family?
Yo: "Yes, with my mother and brother"
Q: when something (bad/unhappy) happened, do you still come here?
Yo: Yes, although it's not really like some soap opera, but, it's really like this way.

His Dad has passed away when Yoshiki was 11 years old.
Yoshiki went back to his primary school.
Yo: oh, it"s here, I can still remember, the school is quite big. It doesn't change much, the building is still the old same. It was the old feeling.

Yo: I used to join a music group after school. Although it was the summer holiday, I still went back to school to practice. What was it, maybee trumpet ?? I can't really remember. After the practice, I went back home and saw my Dad laid (on the floor??) at home. I thought he was sleeping. But, only a triangle cloth was placed on his head. Just like this, I was so shocked. I even asked: why did he sleep in this way? At that moment, I lost my temper and cried.

Q: what is the reason you lost your temper?
Yo: I don't know, my family stopped me later. If (he) just took his life without consciousness, it only left a big question mark to the family. (we will) never know the true answer. (he) just walked away and left this question, then, the only way I can survive is to chase the answer to this question forever.

Afterward, no one talked with him about the death of his father.
His memory with his father is fishing, and, his Dad played the piano to him.

His Dad was 34 years old.

Q: with the sudden death of your Dad, how can (you) overcome the pain.
Yo: oh.. this pain cannot be overcame. The pain is still struggling in my heart. It pain will not cure when it was hurt in this way. you can never understand.

He suffers with the pain (one who can never understand this feeling without experienced it) and live until today.

Yo: because I am a musician, I am dependent on it. How about without music? to tell the truth, I cannot imagine how I can live without music.

the song "tears" was wrote with the memory with his father.

Yoshiki has invited 200 orphans to the Hong Kong concert. It was the first time Yoshiki has sent invitations. After the concert, he made a donation to the orphan organization.

Yo: mmm. (I) feel like why not to do something for the others?
how to say this? It's because of the sympathy towards my father and because of my pain. They understand what our family went through, it's really difficult to accept. then, (I) consider the ones who was left behind and think I can do something. Japan is a country with a very high suicide rate. (if I) want to do it, why not now than later? I am planning to establish a charitable foundation.

Although there is no concrete plan, the willing to help and support the orphans is stronger and stronger day by day.

Yo: when (I) plan to establish the charitable foundation, I think I just cannot push it. Anyway, I am a musician (a rock and roll one). it seems that they (when you put them together) are not too
appropriate. There is no necessary to change the luxury life style. No need to get the approval from everyone. Only myself is enough. I just think, it"s not voluntary, I just do it because I want to do so.

Yo: maybe some people think that it's hypocritical. But (I) just want to start to do somehing.

Back to the studio from the home town: this is the new X Japan song after one year. Yoshiki wants to write something about the courage of life. this is the first time he helped the other, and it's how he faces his own life.

Offline X NUT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: March 20, 2009, 11:38:38 PM
Thanks very much magucathy. I'm really excited for the new song.

Offline Yurga~

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: March 21, 2009, 12:09:42 AM
Soooooooo many thanXXXX~~

Offline Ryo-Ohki

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: March 21, 2009, 01:01:04 AM

I mean, he's 43...I hope he's mature.

I don't mean that in a demeaning way!!!!!!  I ment that his looks have matured.. like a fine wine.

This/these images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.

Offline edyork

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: March 21, 2009, 04:47:13 AM
@ magucathy: thanks for the translation! but do you mind linking me the translation in Chinese? becos sometimes words in either language can be in quite 'general terms' so i'd just like to see.. haha if its possible, ty ^^

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: March 21, 2009, 08:04:28 AM
edyork: sure :-) I found it on the message board of X official HK site
(sorry, can't copy the link as I am writing this with my mobile now )
Yes, please try to read it and post if you think I have misunderstood something, thanks. As I said, I don't really understand the text myself :-)

Offline 003chan

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: March 21, 2009, 09:01:27 AM
I have about a half of my translation ready. I've been rewriting the exact dialogues out of the video.
edit: Ok, we are working on it with xfreakjess  ;D
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 09:32:26 AM by 003chan »

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: March 21, 2009, 09:35:39 AM
oh, yes please! I have the feeling that Yoshiki has talked much more than what I have read! The more detail the better ^~^

Offline myuu

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myuu.de
Reply #19 on: March 21, 2009, 10:21:38 AM
I have about a half of my translation ready. I've been rewriting the exact dialogues out of the video.
edit: Ok, we are working on it with xfreakjess  ;D

thank you so much for doing this for us!! O_O

Offline 003chan

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: March 21, 2009, 12:30:04 PM
Ok, I will update this post as soon as I have more of the translation ready.
Don't repost anywhere without my permission! I've been working on it quite hard.
I'm using this video

"C" - commentator
"Y" - guess who
"___" - I didn't catch it or I don't know how to tranlate it yet, I will try to eliminate these places soon
Thanks to xfreakjess for help

-----

Announcer: Tonight, the artist’s confession. In Japan, 30 thousand people commit suicide every year. After their death many mourning families are left behind. Many bereaved families are surrounded by misunderstanding and fear prejudice to the point that they considerably do not speak frankly of a family member dying due to suicide. This time the leader of X-Japan, Yoshiki, who lost his father in this way, will reveal the truth about it for the first time. From the thought of wanting to do something for other people who have suffered the same as he, Yoshiki told us personally about his painful past.

C: January this year, China, Hong Kong ___ X JAPAN's reunion after 10 years, it was decided to start a world tour. ___
The charismatic leader Yoshiki ___ It will be said in front of the camera for the first time.

Y: There is a wound in my heart I probably won’t recover from for my whole life, I’m burdened with it. That is, my father commited suicide. *he’s looking for words*

C: So far, he hasn’t spoken about it, his father’s suicide. How did it change him?

title: Father’s suicide

C: ___
Chiba prefecture, city of Tateyama, Houjou beach. About ten minute-walk from his parents house.

Y: We often went fishing from over there. Yes…

C: What is the first/best memory from this beach?

Y: Uun, we came here a few times a week.

C: With your family?

Y: *nods* I came here with my mum and younger brother to swim.

C: Even in those painful times?

Y: Yes. ___

C: Yoshiki was eleven years old when his father passed away. We visited the elementary school he was going to at that time.

Y: It’s here, I remember, I remember it.

C: It’s a big school, isn’t it?

Y: Yes, it’s big.

title: Tateyama Houjou Elementary School

Y: It hasn’t changed at all. ___ It was/I had this feeling.

C: The scene Yoshiki saw when he returned home from club activity. He isn’t able to recollect it properly even now.

Y: (That day) I think I probably went to music club. It was on summer holiday. I went to school to practice. On trumpet maybe, I don’t know, I can’t remember which instrument it was. When I returned the situation was…
I thought… he’s sleeping, that was what I thought. But… he had a kerchief (a triangular one) on his head. Like this. *shows with his hands* Why … I was very surprised. I remember I asked why he is sleeping with something like that (on his head). At that time I got into a fit of anger.

C: Anger, you mean…

Y: … I wasn’t crying, I was just raging in the house.

C: Against what were you angry?

Y: I don’t know! I think I was then restrained by my relatives.
When one ends their life by their own will, there is no way the relatives wouldn’t ask “why?“, that they wouldn’t be full of questions/doubts. They can never get an answer for their questions. They will never know the real answer/reason, will they? I don't know that answer even now. I’ll be just looking for it forever.

C: When it came to talking about the situation/circumstances of that while... (note: I think they mean the actual suicide scene)

Y: I don’t want to talk about it. Not yet...

C: Since then the family haven’t spoken about things related to their father. (Yoshiki’s) memories of his father are going fishing together and his father playing piano for him.

(by the grave)

Y: I‘m emotional. Hmm... I always came here with my mother. Yes...

A: Died at the age of 34. He passed away too early.
The sudden death of his father, how has he(Yoshiki) faced this fact since then?

Y: I’ve never gotten over it. I’m still struggling with it. Such a wound... I think such a wound can’t be healed. It’s still ___

C: The pain, which can only be understood by experiencing it, (up till now) he went on alone burdened with it.

Y: I am a musician. I have a space where I can vent. If it weren’t for music, I don’t know what I would do. If it weren’t for music, I wonder if I would be able to continue living.

*Tears*

C: When he was writing the song Tears, he put memories of his deceased father into it.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 07:50:36 AM by 003chan »

Offline GoskinsVT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: March 21, 2009, 02:18:11 PM
Thank you very much!

Offline Ashemanu

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: March 21, 2009, 02:26:08 PM
Thank you so much for it!

Offline jacquien

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: March 21, 2009, 03:16:09 PM
thank you very very much !!!

Offline Ryo-Ohki

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: March 21, 2009, 03:41:19 PM
Thanks!

Offline edyork

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: March 21, 2009, 05:48:09 PM
@ magucathy: no worries i've found it. you're almost perfect with the translation, only some points missed out =)

if anyone's interested, heres the link for the chinese translation http://www.xjapan.com.hk/message_board.php

btw, as from the chinese translation,

(the question just before the part at the grave)
the interviewer asked about: talk about the saddening situation back then
Yoshiki: Lets not talk about it

(when he first spoke whilte at the grave)
" (this time) i came here on impulse, in the past im always here with my mom"

died at 34, such a young age.

@ 003chan : thank you! would love the translation because i think from jap > chinese > english maybe some points would be lost in translation haha.

Offline 003chan

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: March 21, 2009, 07:29:04 PM
You're all welcome. I will try to work on it some more tomorrow.

(the question just before the part at the grave)
the interviewer asked about: talk about the saddening situation back then
Yoshiki: Lets not talk about it

(when he first spoke whilte at the grave)
" (this time) i came here on impulse, in the past im always here with my mom"

They said:
Int: When it came to talking about the situation/circumstances...
Y: I don't want to talk about it. Not yet...
(at the grave)
Y: I got moved. Oh... I always go here with my mother.

Offline edyork

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: March 22, 2009, 04:45:02 AM
^ oh!! haha theres really a difference from jap>chi>eng & jap> eng
tY!

Offline 003chan

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: March 22, 2009, 12:57:03 PM
Today's piece added. It's marked in red
I ended up at 7:15 of the video. I might continue translating when I have some time. I have to do homework now! :D

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: March 22, 2009, 03:55:34 PM
So its definatly confirmed that the first part of the music we here when Yoshiki walks into the office at the end is the new X-Japan song?