Beauty/Broken · 15036

Offline Yu~Kun

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • The Reverse Trail
Reply #30 on: June 04, 2008, 09:57:33 AM
Quote from: "Sirimono"
Quote from: "Yu~Kun"

yeah but well it's just so realistic!!!!!And his facial expression..well kinda creepy XD

well i think he was dead when this was made? I don't know though... not sure
but that'd explain his "creepy", peaceful expression

And right because it's realistic i'm glad something like this exists. I would've liked to see it in the museum...

HMmmm maybe it's just

for me,sometimes peaceful hide=creepy hide

But i like the mask of course^^

PARTY HARD

Offline Amethyst_Dahlia

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart!
Reply #31 on: June 04, 2008, 04:41:24 PM
I found a few more pictures from the "cosplay" photoshoot. XD

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y43/BeckiElric/254812928.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y43/BeckiElric/254810988.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y43/BeckiElric/254807613.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y43/BeckiElric/254809177.jpg

The fourth one is the Charlie Chaplin one I mentioned earlier. XD I'm not sure about the rest, though. ^^"

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: June 04, 2008, 04:44:07 PM
First one is Clockwork Orange and second on is The Crow.

Ah, thanks for the pics btw.  :wink:

Offline Yu~Kun

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • The Reverse Trail
Reply #33 on: June 04, 2008, 05:28:25 PM
lol at the Godfather one

PARTY HARD

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: June 04, 2008, 05:39:06 PM
Oh right I had seen the godfather one before.
I think it's quite funny that the guys from Malice Mizer did the crow, charlie chaplin and laura palmer as well... I wonder which photoshoots were first

hide lacks the stuff in the cheeks to do a proper godfather lol  :lol:

„All images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.“

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: June 04, 2008, 05:51:21 PM
Quote from: "Babak"
Isn't the first one from Salvador Dali's movie An Andalusian Dog?

Haven't seen the movie, but of course it may be possible that Mr. Kubrick was influenced by this one when filmin Clockwork Orange, but the photo definatly resembles the maincharacter of the later movie, namley Alex De Large.

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: June 04, 2008, 07:44:01 PM
In the way that hide resembles the main-character of clockwork orange in this photo, here an example: :wink:

Offline VioletCamicat

• Die-hard fan
  • Beware of the toxic kitten!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/violet_camicat
Reply #37 on: June 04, 2008, 09:07:36 PM
:O Wah! That Dalí thing is disgusting! XD

And I didn't see any upsetting picture of hide at all.
I think the only thing which would be really upsetting for me is a photo from him where he's obviously dead. :?

mod mode

And out of the chaos I heard a voice telling me:
"Smile and be happy - it could have become worse!"
So I smiled and was happy... and it became worse

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #38 on: June 05, 2008, 01:20:43 AM
nice to see Twin Peaks and A clockwork orange in a X Japan forum  :P

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

Offline Ryo-Ohki

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: June 05, 2008, 04:11:22 PM
Quote from: "PanthereNoire"
That's the wax mask, isn't it?

I don't find it upsetting at all... I'm happy his beautiful face is saved for eternity like that

i think so

yeah but well it's just so realistic!!!!!And his facial expression..well kinda creepy XD

Yes, that's hide's death mask.

I don't find that creepy or upsetting either, though naturally it's very different from a living face.

If there is anything about it that makes me sad it's the reminder that he died too young.

Funny.. how this photo you say is his 'death mask' was made in 1994.

This/these images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: June 05, 2008, 05:21:49 PM
Quote from: "Ryo-Ohki"
That's the wax mask, isn't it?

I don't find it upsetting at all... I'm happy his beautiful face is saved for eternity like that

i think so

I don't find that creepy or upsetting either, though naturally it's very different from a living face.

If there is anything about it that makes me sad it's the reminder that he died too young.

The photo wasn't made in 1994 since it's from the hide museum that was opened after his death. I don't know when the mask was made, but this picture is from a magazine set of photos from the hide museum

„All images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.“

Offline Ryo-Ohki

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: June 05, 2008, 05:32:22 PM

The photo wasn't made in 1994 since it's from the hide museum that was opened after his death. I don't know when the mask was made, but this picture is from a magazine set of photos from the hide museum

I am one to be quite objective about things I see.  A wax sculpture wouldn't have very many 'imperfections' in the skin.  Sorry to say that.

The fact you can see them, clearly at that, is proof enough that that is not a death mask.  Yeah.. it appeared in the museum after his death, but it was not taken AFTER his death.

This/these images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.

Offline Skooter

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
Reply #42 on: June 05, 2008, 07:38:00 PM
As far as I know, the words 'death mask' are also used for 'death masks' made when the person is still alive.
Like in the art world (if you watch Ghost World, you'll see what I mean).
It dates from an ancient tradition to honour the dead, yes, but these days it's also done by alive people.
So calling it a death mask doesn't mean it was made after his death.

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: June 05, 2008, 08:10:19 PM

The fact you can see them, clearly at that, is proof enough that that is not a death mask.  Yeah.. it appeared in the museum after his death, but it was not taken AFTER his death.

that's what i said, but this picture is STILL from a magazine that was covering pics from the hide private collection in the museum.
since I have the same scans, from the same source.

I have no idea if the mask was done before his death or not, but I know that this picture of the mask is from the museum and I haven't seen any pictures of that wax mask before his death (and I have heard that it was made after his death, but I have no proof for it)

I'd really like some information on this mask whether it was made before his death or not. It would be great if someone could contribute some

Offline Ryo-Ohki

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: June 06, 2008, 09:58:49 PM
:roll:  :roll:  :roll:  It's NOT a mask!

Offline VioletCamicat

• Die-hard fan
  • Beware of the toxic kitten!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/violet_camicat
Reply #45 on: June 06, 2008, 10:19:27 PM
I don't know what you're talking about right now. Is it this?
If so - I'd be quite impressed, if that's a mask. I'd say it looks way too real with all those details. But I'm also aware of artist that are that extremely perfectionist, that they'd built a mask that detailed.
No clue...

mod mode

And out of the chaos I heard a voice telling me:
"Smile and be happy - it could have become worse!"
So I smiled and was happy... and it became worse

Offline Ryo-Ohki

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: June 06, 2008, 11:29:58 PM
Quote from: "VioletCamicat"
I don't know what you're talking about right now. Is it this?
If so - I'd be quite impressed, if that's a mask. I'd say it looks way too real with all those details. But I'm also aware of artist that are that extremely perfectionist, that they'd built a mask that detailed.
No clue...

Yes.. that's not a mask.. he did it some time before his death.

But.. I have seen artists who make highly detailed sculptures... but.. that detailed would have been nearly impossible.

Offline zyymurgy

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: June 06, 2008, 11:47:55 PM

see

Just...

wat

Get your facts straight, PN.

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: June 06, 2008, 11:55:24 PM
zyymurgy, if you make a post that has something to do with the topic, fine, but for personbal issues with other users please use the pm function.

RIP

Offline zyymurgy

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: June 06, 2008, 11:58:27 PM
I'm sorry, ferret, but I am just wondering where the eff she got her information from.

It really doesn't make sense to me.

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: June 07, 2008, 12:00:10 AM
Well you could ask her, via pm  :P  If you're lucky enough she might even answer you.

RIP

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: June 07, 2008, 12:41:50 AM
REALLY PEOPLE BELIEVE ME

this mask was in the hide museum! god people... i think i even got a picture to prove it...

that is from the same magazine as the picture posted before and it clearly shows the mask in the background. you can't deny that this wasn't a picture from the museum.

edit:
oh and people if you don't recognize the wig that is on this picture I really don't know where you guys got your eyes.

Offline Ryo-Ohki

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: June 07, 2008, 01:01:37 AM
I am simply going on information that has been passed on to me by a trusted source.  I was told there was a photo he took in 1994, that looks similar to the bust/mask that was put in the museum.  That is all..

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: June 07, 2008, 01:05:52 AM
I am simply going on information that has been passed on to me by a trusted source.  I was told there was a photo he took in 1994, that looks similar to the bust/mask that was put in the museum.  That is all..

You could've stated clearly so before x__x before I go through all that effort... but I guess it was worth making this effort to show the others that this is REALLY a bust/mask and not a picture of hide.

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #54 on: June 07, 2008, 01:07:15 AM
I was only sort of half-following this conversation because I figured by now someone would have mentioned the other death masks (and remember more about them than I do)... but I don't see anything about them, so here goes.

There were actually five death masks made in the mid-90s, one for each X Japan bandmember at the time: there was a Heath death mask, a Pata one, a hide one, a Toshi one, and a Yoshiki one.  I have a photo of these in a magazine (random pirated Thai magazine with a bunch of X photos from various sources), but my scanner is broken, so that doesn't help you guys much.  I don't know what magazine or other source they originally came from.  I do remember seeing them somewhere else, but it's been years.

I don't know if the mid-90s hide death mask is the same as the one that was in the museum or not, because the only photo of the mid-90s one I have is sort of too small to thoroughly compare.

Anyway, just some random info on the subject for you guys, though it's admittedly not particularly helpful unless it leads someone to finding photos of the mid-90s X Japan deathmasks online or something.

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: June 07, 2008, 01:11:31 AM
Quote from: "Hollywood"
I was only sort of half-following this conversation because I figured by now someone would have mentioned the other death masks (and remember more about them than I do)... but I don't see anything about them, so here goes.

There were actually five death masks made in the mid-90s, one for each X Japan bandmember at the time: there was a Heath death mask, a Pata one, a hide one, a Toshi one, and a Yoshiki one.  I have a photo of these in a magazine (random pirated Thai magazine with a bunch of X photos from various sources), but my scanner is broken, so that doesn't help you guys much.  I don't know what magazine or other source they originally came from.  I do remember seeing them somewhere else, but it's been years.

I don't know if the mid-90s hide death mask is the same as the one that was in the museum or not, because the only photo of the mid-90s one I have is sort of too small to thoroughly compare.

Anyway, just some random info on the subject for you guys, though it's admittedly not particularly helpful unless it leads someone to finding photos of the mid-90s X Japan deathmasks online or something.

Thank you for this.
Because it 1. shows me that the word for such a sculpture in English language is "death mask" even if it's not made after death at all
2. It's damn interesting that there are such masks of the other members too! I really gotta look for them.

And I really do believe it's the same mask. I don't really see why they should do another one extra for the museum...

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #56 on: June 07, 2008, 01:17:06 AM
No problem. :)  Yeah, I think "death mask" is appropriate, even if it was made before the person's actual death-- if it's a sculpture made in the style of a death mask then I think one can call it a death mask.

I remember a year or so after hide's death, I was talking to a hide-fan friend of mine that I had at the time, and we were looking at the photo of the X Japan death masks and saying stuff like "isn't that a spooky photo now, there's his death mask and now he's really dead", etc.

I hope someone can find that photo of all five death masks!  I'll try to look for it too if I get the time...

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline Ryo-Ohki

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: June 07, 2008, 03:49:17 AM
Quote from: "Hollywood"
No problem. :)  Yeah, I think "death mask" is appropriate, even if it was made before the person's actual death-- if it's a sculpture made in the style of a death mask then I think one can call it a death mask.

I remember a year or so after hide's death, I was talking to a hide-fan friend of mine that I had at the time, and we were looking at the photo of the X Japan death masks and saying stuff like "isn't that a spooky photo now, there's his death mask and now he's really dead", etc.

I hope someone can find that photo of all five death masks!  I'll try to look for it too if I get the time...

I'll see if I can work on that.  I don't know.. but.. I can only try