• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Necromance

Hollywood · 3760

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
on: February 05, 2008, 08:50:14 PM
Don't know if you guys all know about this already, but...

http://www.necromance.com

...is that store hide was shopping in in the "his invincible deluge evidence" video.  It's in LA, very cool store, I've been there a number of times.  In fact they've recently expanded-- the original location (which is where hide went) now has the biology and taxidermy stuff, while the Victorian and funeral stuff has moved to a second Necromance two or three doors down the street.

If you go when the owner is there and ask her nicely, she'll point out various things that hide bought, though it's such a cool place (if you like that sort of thing) that there's tons of interesting stuff that has nothing to do with hide, too.  And understandably the owner gets a little annoyed with people who are ONLY interested in hide and don't care at all about the rest of her store, so be respectful and don't do a fangirl/fanboy freakout. :P

Anyway, if you're a hide fan and find yourself in LA I recommend checking it out, great place.

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 09:50:02 PM
They even have a hidestyle category at their webpage: https://id261.securedata.net/necromance/catalogue.php?category=hidestyle

This is my administrator color.

Offline hidestiny

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • MG-Cuxtom
Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 07:37:58 PM
lol !

juste because hide bought in this store, prices increased (+20%)

Offline Lahtiska

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 05:59:22 PM
Well ofcourse. If you can make money with a dead man's
reputation then why not..  I don't think this way but some people
are greedy. Njah.
I'd like to have that necklace hide had.. It's so pretty...

O___o

And on the eighth day, god created Yoshiki.»

How should I love you?
How could I feel you?
Without you.
おわりのないあいのうたおいまあなたに

Offline Radical Pan

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 09:27:12 PM
For the past 2 years, Necromance started to suck. I remember when I bought my boyfriend hide's earring about 5 years ago, they had good pricing and assorted items. Now it's a big "meh", because last year I wrote to Nancy (store manager) and she said they won't be restocking anymore, so if anyone wants something from there, buy it quickly.

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 09:35:04 PM
Quote from: "Radical Pan"
For the past 2 years, Necromance started to suck. I remember when I bought my boyfriend hide's earring about 5 years ago, they had good pricing and assorted items. Now it's a big "meh", because last year I wrote to Nancy (store manager) and she said they won't be restocking anymore, so if anyone wants something from there, buy it quickly.

Why is this? o__o

Offline Radical Pan

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 10:06:52 PM
Quote from: "MillieQOF"

Why is this? o__o

Who knows, maybe their sales dropped, but I'm just assuming.

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 10:40:29 PM
Quote from: "Radical Pan"

You mean they won't be restocking hide stuff anymore, or they won't be restocking anything at all?

I hope their business is doing OK, what a shame it would be to lose Necromance. :?  I haven't been there often lately-- last time I went was a year ago, I think-- but I like that place a whole lot, and not just for hide reasons.  (Well, it was better when it was one store rather than two, but still.)

Offline Radical Pan

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 10:50:36 PM
Quote from: "Hollywood"

You mean they won't be restocking hide stuff anymore, or they won't be restocking anything at all?

I hope their business is doing OK, what a shame it would be to lose Necromance. :?  I haven't been there often lately-- last time I went was a year ago, I think-- but I like that place a whole lot, and not just for hide reasons.  (Well, it was better when it was one store rather than two, but still.)

I just asked about hide. And yes, it would be a shame if that store closed, the whole thing it's rather interesting.

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 11:02:02 PM
Oh good, glad the store is (I guess) staying open then.  I love all that biology and taxidermy stuff.

Yeah, could be slowing sales on the hide stuff nowadays.  Well... if I were she, I'd keep the hide stuff around now during all the reunion excitement, but maybe she doesn't know about it or something.

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: April 23, 2008, 12:45:16 AM
I'm going to be going in there, seeing if they have anything still in stock when I go out to California to see Miyavi's concerts next month. If anyone here wants anything, contact me in PM and I'll try to work out something with you. . .

Offline Locutus

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: April 23, 2008, 07:40:59 AM
i went on the site last week cos i wanted one of those eye rings...but alas, they don't have them anymore.

that made me a sad panda. ;_;

clarity of thought before rashness of action.

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: April 23, 2008, 10:22:10 AM
Quote from: "Locutus"
i went on the site last week cos i wanted one of those eye rings...but alas, they don't have them anymore.

that made me a sad panda. ;_;

I hope they still have the eye bracelets.