• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Swine flu what do you guys think?

Wearex316 · 4390

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
on: April 29, 2009, 03:16:04 PM
for me its scary as hell. there are 5 probable cases in my state new jersey and new york which has 45 know and over a hundred possible cases is very close to me. only one child has died in the US in Texas a 5 month old infant. and over 150 deaths in mexico with well over 2,000 know sick. this thing is everywhere. i got a baby coming and this is what its coming in to? this sucks and the fact that it could be pandemic is really scary. i really hope and pray that no one from here has do deal with it. and i hope it stays away from me. i think with shit like this going on its time to stop the wars and work together before theres no one left to save.

Offline Immortal Angel

• Sunday Listener
  • yume ...
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 03:26:08 PM
I just watched the new and they say they have 3 cases in germany, two in bayern, one in hamburg, but two are already almost ok again and all 3 were in mexico. I'm happy that there are no new infections.
I'm a bit nervous because in 2 weeks I'm going on a tour to Germany and France (all in 3 days) and I'll meet many people/ even more on the train stations and airports ...
I hope it will be over until then.

Something I dont understand. The people are wearing masks which covers moulth and nose. But what is with the eyes, I mean, there the virus could also come into the body ...?
And on TV I saw that many people also in Mexico wear the masks so careless that their noses are uncovered .. arent they scared? Od dont they care or what!?

Oh and btw: I watched the news and they say that dubiously now the Mexicans say that there have been just 7 death cases O.o Thats weird.

Does somebody know how long the virus survives in the air?

X

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 03:32:41 PM
all that shit is just a smokescreen to hide bigger problems, does anybody remember the madcows diseases, the bird flu, etc? it's the same and nothing will happen

hi there

Offline demonbefriender

• Fan
  • I think I am a banana tree
    • View Profile
    • My Livejournal
Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 05:05:38 PM
Honestly, I don't think many are going to really die from this. I can imagine many people in Mexico have died from swine flu because the health is so poor there, but it would probably be easily curable in a better off country. The only people I would think are at real risk are children, the elderly and the already ill. I highly doubt this will turn into some huge pandemic, I wouldn't worry as much as you are about this.

GARBAGE DAY!

Offline HarZy

• Fan
  • Sex, drugs and visual shock
    • View Profile
    • My Last.fm profile
Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 07:23:40 PM
Swine flu isn't that deadly. 2000+ people have been infected and ~100 of them died. I'm bad at maths so this might be wrong, but if you get infected, there's only about 5% chance of death.

I'm not saying that swine flu isn't a serious threat, but people shouldn't panic.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 09:29:12 PM
I too think it will be like bird flu...front page for a couple of weeks, then heading to the back of the queue.

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 03:14:19 AM
the only thing that reeally concerns me is our boarder problem. since we know hundreds of mexicans come through there every week if not more. now if one comes in thats infected and no one know lets just say the shit will hit the fan. also you gotta figure how many more are gonna try to come over so they can get better treatment cause we all know there hospitals suck. and i wouldnt blame them i would too.  Actully this all sounds like a script from a horror movie if you think about it this is how 28 days later started but slower. but like i always say everything happens for a reason. and if this is the next pandemic (which i really dont think it will but you never know) then we pissed someone off. and i dont mean terrorist.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 08:21:43 AM
the only thing that reeally concerns me is our boarder problem. since we know hundreds of mexicans come through there every week if not more. now if one comes in thats infected and no one know lets just say the shit will hit the fan. also you gotta figure how many more are gonna try to come over so they can get better treatment cause we all know there hospitals suck. and i wouldnt blame them i would too.  Actully this all sounds like a script from a horror movie if you think about it this is how 28 days later started but slower. but like i always say everything happens for a reason. and if this is the next pandemic (which i really dont think it will but you never know) then we pissed someone off. and i dont mean terrorist.
Yeah that 28 Days Later part sounds quite right. And your saying about it happening for a reasons....maybe it is natures way of cutting down the population??? Maybe....

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 10:33:14 AM
Don't forget SARS! That was a cool name for the virus/whatever it was.

Inb4 NWO and Reptiloids.

This is my administrator color.

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 01:14:14 PM
heres the latest

Key developments on swine flu outbreaks, according to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, World Health Organization, and government officials:
_Deaths: 168 in Mexico, eight confirmed as swine flu and rest suspected. One confirmed in U.S., a 23-month-old boy from Mexico who died in Texas.
_Sickened: 2,955 suspected and 99 confirmed in Mexico. Confirmed elsewhere: at least 93 in U.S.; 19 in Canada; 10 in Spain; five in Britain; four in Germany; 3 in New Zealand; two in Israel; one each in Switzerland, Austria and the Netherlands.
_World Health Organization raises pandemic alert to second highest level — phase 5_ meaning it believes a global outbreak of the disease is imminent.
_U.S. cases confirmed by CDC and state officials in 11 states: 51 in New York, 16 in Texas, 14 in California, three in Maine; two each in Kansas and Massachusetts, and one each in Indiana, Ohio, Arizona and Nevada. CDC also said Michigan had two, but state officials said only one was confirmed.
_The Obama administration comes out against closing the U.S.-Mexico border, with Vice President Joe Biden calling it "a monumental undertaking" with only limited benefits.
_Roughly 100 U.S. schools close nationwide, in Texas, New York City, California, South Carolina, Connecticut, Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Arizona and Ohio.
_Public health emergency declared in the United States and roughly 12 million doses of Tamiflu from federal stockpile to be delivered to states.
_Mexico suspends all nonessential activity of the federal government and private business until May 5. Public events canceled and masks handed out. All schools closed until May 6. Pro soccer games this weekend — 176 — to be played without fans.
_Texas Gov. Rick Perry issues disaster declaration, and state suspends all high school sports competitions until May 11. Texas school closings affect 130,000 children.
_Ecuador, Cuba and Argentina ban travel to or from Mexico, and Peru bans flights from Mexico; U.S., European Union, other countries discourage nonessential travel there. Travelers arriving from Mexico questioned at airports worldwide. Cruise lines avoid Mexican ports.
_Two leading U.S. makers of respiratory masks ramp up production to meet heavy demand from pharmacies.

Offline y0shisgrl

• Sunday Listener
  • We may be freaks....but at least we have FUN
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: April 30, 2009, 03:11:37 PM
Weather we like it or not, this is real.... just take obvious precautions and you should be fine...... I haven't been feeling well lately so just in case i have it, i'm isolating myself in my room with A LOT of X Japan music.
But i have to go to school, so i'm trying to find a surgical mask and latex gloves..... call me paranoid, but this is a great time to tell pple to leave u alone (and they actually listen).....

RIP Our Pink Spider.
RIP Taiji <3

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #11 on: April 30, 2009, 10:48:38 PM
they just confirmed 5 cases in my state with 2 more pending and 10 pending in delaware which is next door to us. im dont blame anyone for not wanting to take any chances. cause i am.

Offline leria83

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/r1canmam1
Reply #12 on: April 30, 2009, 10:57:07 PM
I've just been washing my hands a lot and carrying around sanitizer. I'm not going to shut down and stay in my house though. I'm just a little more cautious since I have kids. I know they stop all athletic events here in Texas until like middle of May. 

Offline PandaNO.X

• Rookie
  • My hunny is just a drum stick away <3
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: May 01, 2009, 02:41:26 PM
all that shit is just a smokescreen to hide bigger problems, does anybody remember the madcows diseases, the bird flu, etc? it's the same and nothing will happen
Darkcat21 is right nothing is going to happen did you know that the original flu has killed hundreds and this swine flu so far only has 9 dead people??? theres something going on and i think its the governmet>>> THEY R UP TO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!

Weather we like it or not, this is real.... just take obvious precautions and you should be fine...... I haven't been feeling well lately so just in case i have it, i'm isolating myself in my room with A LOT of X Japan music.
But i have to go to school, so i'm trying to find a surgical mask and latex gloves..... call me paranoid, but this is a great time to tell pple to leave u alone (and they actually listen).....

ummm ya i go to school with yOshisgrl and shes just sick its not the swine flu she doesnt have major symptons just the pain and head aches and stuff like that..... lol she has FLYING SHOES <inside joke>

I may be new to the world of X-JAPAN but i know love when i see it >.^

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #14 on: May 02, 2009, 05:49:17 AM
i would love to blame the government for this but i just dont see it.  i mean we all know they are shady as hell "cough" 911 "cough" but i just dont see it. it didnt even start in the states it started in mexico. if it was just in one place i could  also say maybe it was the gov. but its not its in 9 countrys. and its not weather or not it has killed alot of people its the fact that its new thats why they droped the name swine flu because its not that. its a mix of swine and bird flu and something else. and also thers no cure yet. not til fall. i have my own reason to take precautions. my girl is pregnant if see got sick from swine, bird,rabbit,or chipmunk flu hell even just the plan flu i could lose the baby. so im not taking any chances. it is that time of year alot of people get sick.

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: May 02, 2009, 07:28:56 AM
i wasn't saying that it was started by any goverment but that they're talking to much in the media and exaggerating the news

hi there

Offline HarZy

• Fan
  • Sex, drugs and visual shock
    • View Profile
    • My Last.fm profile
Reply #16 on: May 02, 2009, 08:51:01 AM
@ Wearex: Actually there is a cure, Tamiflu, but there isn't a vaccine yet.
Tamiflu has some not-so-nice side-effects though.